• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it should.

Stay classy, Luke.

GOOD, EVERYTHING HAS BEEN RECTIFIED.

AND REGARDING THE COLLECTORS....

otq9gDi.png

So now it goes:

$40 - The Taken King + VIP Rewards
$60 - The Taken King + Digital CE Upgrade Pack + VIP Rewards
$80 - The Taken King Collector's Edition + VIP Rewards

I already have a preorder in for the $80 one, as I want the physical loot as well, but for those going digital... This was the right movie. GG, Bungie.

Namikaze1

Not sure if I'm reading it.

Standalone is still $40 but if you want the CE stuff, it's an additional $20? $20 is a bit much for cosmetic stuff.

th3dude

Funny thing is, making the CE content a separate transaction will probably net them less sales than putting up a DLC Veterans edition for $60.

I know I'm much more likely to get caught up in the hype and preorder for $60 than I am to buy the stuff separately for $20 after launch.

noomi

The VIP goodies look fucking awesome by the way...

Is that the superblack shader?! Also that sparrow, good god!

Standalone is still $40 but if you want the CE stuff, it's an additional $20? $20 is a bit much for cosmetic stuff.

It's about perceived value ;)

--

For those looking for a little more context about Emotes and Class Items in The Taken King, we will be introducing new Class Items with stat attributes. These will provide players with another gear slot that can contribute to both your Guardian’s look and build preferences. The Class Items included in the Collector’s Edition are a welcome addition for players looking to level up newborn Guardians or fresh subclasses, but they are not the only new Class Items available in Destiny: The Taken King. This is part of our focus on making the game more rewarding and adding more variety options for players. The same goes for Emotes.

So we can now wear 2 class items? Emotes have their own slot too, cool. And there are more than just the CE ones.

It's all about the physical CE. Glad I got mine reserved, and I won't cancel it after Bungie has kowtowed to us.

So we can now wear 2 class items? Emotes have their own slot too, cool. And there are more than just the CE ones.

Yup, we've already seen the Sunbreakers hammer for Titans. And it explains why ghosts were moved up.

Matush

$20 for bunch of shaders and dance emotes? You can't be seriously considering this guys. I've put over 1000 hours but this is getting out of hand. You are seriously okay with it? Paying the same price as for Crotas End of HoW? Wow.

Korosenai

When thinking about the value of the CE, I was in the opinion that the price broke down like this (digital):

$40 TTK
$35 Destiny and two expansion packs
$5 for the CE stuff

Not $20 for the CE stuff.

noomi

Going to ask one last time, but is there any interest in a full VoG run?

Kind of want that VoG Titan set now hehe.

$20 for the cosmetic stuff..? Feel like I'm playing some mobile game where I'm paying $20 bucks to dress up my character. Should have been $10 MAX.

Here's the full layout. I'm guessing they're also going to announce a Year 2 Season Pass later down the road for more $$$.

18945686069_f950b51c0b_b.jpg

No wonder they got this out quick because man, the Year 1 stuff, is no different than what's already been shown and I don't see how it's "better". How is 1 shader better than 3? How is 0 emotes better 3?

Why it took a week is mystifying when they don't even have the final solution. I get it takes time to work with MS & Sony to get store options, but they were torched for days and days.

This update is "fine" and closer to what should have been at the beginning.

GhaleonEB

They should have cut the price of the digital LE to $70 and offered the exclusive items for that price. Maintaining price parity with the physical CE and selling the small number of CE items for $20 is not a solution people are going to welcome.

When thinking about the value of the CE, I was in the opinion that the price broke down like this (digital):

$40 TTK
$35 Destiny and two expansion packs
$5 for the CE stuff

Not $20 for the CE stuff.

Nah, Legendary edition was $60 and that included everything but the digital CE stuff.

They should have cut the price of the digital LE to $70 and offered the exclusive items for that price. Maintaining price parity with the physical CE and selling the small number of CE items for $20 is not a solution people are going to welcome.

Honestly I was expecting it to be $10 for the cosmetic stuff. $20 is a bit too high. (Especially since the collectors edition that's $80 offers the whole vanilla game+2 expansions+the expansion, making the value for the cosmetic stuff about $0 if you count the full game+ expansions as being a $40 value.)

Namikaze1

Yeah, I don't see the point. At all. Value is subjective but surely this is a bit much for what's offered?
It's worse than the infamous Horse armor. At least that was just $2.50. This is $20 for some shaders most will never use, 3 emotes, and 3 class items that will get replace a day or two later. Horse armor was bad but this is taking it a bit far. This really should have been $10 tops, preferrebly $5.

They should just announce a cash shop. Make it like, $1.99 for each shader/emote/class item. Not only would they earn more good will, but more people would probably buy it.

But this is bungie, nothing can be that simple.

THE ORDER WAS GIVEN, BUT BUNGIE YOU HAVE FAILED.

I bet they try and charge £20 for the upgrade.

They honestly don't get it. They didn't agree. Deej with his smart assed ebay comment last week.

So, for TTK + the 'upgrade' it will cost (probably) £60

£60 to $$$'s = $94.

Really Bungie?

Hey, peeps!

I'm really interested in playing this after the E3 showing, but I'm not currently on the market for the expansions. Maybe when they lower in price...
Still, I want to give this game a try. Which is the better version: The PS3 one, or the 360?
Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong.
We'll be able to get:

- Three Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses
- Three Armor Shaders
- Three Class Specific Emotes

for 20$, right?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hey, peeps!

I'm really interested in playing this after the E3 showing, but I'm not currently on the market for the expansions. Maybe when they lower in price...
Still, I want to give this game a try. Which is the better version: The PS3 one, or the 360?
Thanks!
Neither - the last-gen versions are awful and are holding the current-gen versions back.

Buy either a PS4 or an Xbox One and wait until the Taken King comes out and buy the Legendary edition with all the DLC together.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
We'll be able to get:

- Three Exotic Class Items with XP Bonuses
- Three Armor Shaders
- Three Class Specific Emotes

for 20$, right?
Yeah, I love the game but that right there is some filthy pricing. US$10 at most (I'd prefer something like US$8), and especially when compared to the US$40 pricing for the TTK DLC.

Thank you! So yea looking at the whole Red Bull promotion.....that's just hella dumb to me. Are you really telling me I have to buy a Red Bull to get access to a quest? I mean I know it'll be available to everyone in january but still that just doesn't sit right with me.
Yep anytime. Agreed its upsetting. I would be fine with double XP or whatever but a quest? Mehh I tend not to judge things until I know more information to be "fair" as possible (still rubs me in a wrong way especially with the wording used). Until I know what the "quest" is, could be "go through this story map backwards and kill X" or kill X, Y, Z then beep bop boo.

On the bright side I tend to drink that shitty drink late at night so will def give away codes to people that want it.
Since my university's cafe shuts down ~10 pm and I can no longer get my coffee fix late at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom