• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

This might have gone over better if you could buy individual pieces and it all added up to $20? Maybe? I don't know but $20 is steep, and I don't think this is the same as a MOBA or CS or something. They're trying to build good will and make fans less angry. It would be different if everyone was thrilled with the game right now.

Maybe I was just generalizing from Lik's thread in gaming side, but if all your upset about is the overseas pricing then I apologize, because my comments weren't directed to that. And I agree, they should do something about it.

Wait, does that mean you guys regularly pay more than $60 for a new game release? o_O

/ignorant American

This might have gone over better if you could buy individual pieces and it all added up to $20? Maybe? I don't know but $20 is steep, and I don't think this is the same as a MOBA or CS or something. They're trying to build good will and make fans less angry. It would be different if everyone was thrilled with the game right now.

Works out to about $2 a piece (for US).

Cash Shop incoming. Has to be.

Maybe I was just generalizing from Lik's thread in gaming side, but if all your upset about is the overseas pricing then I apologize, because my comments weren't directed to that. And I agree, they should do something about it.

Wait, does that mean you guys regularly pay more than $60 for a new game release? o_O

/ignorant American

Worst part is I'm pretty sure they're charging the exact same amount as launch Destiny for TTK. No shame at all.

A bit worse framerate, inventory menu takes a few seconds to load, and at least on PS3 some armor animations are omitted or run at a much lower framerate/frequency, like:
They're fine. Longer load times for things, and your usual lastgen vaseline smear, but otherwise they are 100% the same game.
The real problem is, no one plays on those systems. This game Is garbage without friends. But with friends, it's amazing
Oh, wow! I thought it was that all versions could play with each other.
Honestly, I felt like this was an MMO or something. Never mind, then. I'll wait until I get a PS4.
Thanks for all the answers, guys.

Just to play devils advocate, obviously we still aren't sure this expansion is worth the entire $40 price. It could also very well justify the price with the right amount of content.

I mean, if TTK has as much content as the game itself has now, wouldn't you say that $40 is justified?

Lol, I feel like I am doing my best Crossing Eden impersonation

Good evening dgaf!

I'm running the nightfalls x3. Join on ichabod00, no mic at the moment tho.

Joining! I need to do 2x. Pretty sure we are PSN friends already

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just to play devils advocate, obviously we still aren't sure this expansion is worth the entire $40 price. It could also very well justify the price with the right amount of content.

I mean, if TTK has as much content as the game itself has now, wouldn't you say that $40 is justified?

I think for me it the 2 expansions left a terrible impression. If there is even one mission in TTK where you have to run through a map backwards, then they already failed. Especially if they are charging 40 bucks for it.

Oh, wow! I thought it was that all versions could play with each other.
Honestly, I felt like this was an MMO or something. Never mind, then. I'll wait until I get a PS4.
Thanks for all the answers, guys.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That would actually make sense. Nope. Completely isolated, and you can't even transfer your character across Xbox-PS. Only from last gen to current gen.

Lnkn52

The "community" asked to have the ability to buy digital extras w/o buying the CE and they (Bungie) "delivered".

M O V I N G ON

BTW, that Titan would look even hotter with a Butt Towel...

header_blog_1.jpg

Daemul

If you live overseas and are upset about the price, then you are totally justified IMO. That sucks.

Yep, I'm the UK, and the fact that Bungie are pricing their expansion at the same price I picked up the base game for at launch for is really rubbing me up the wrong way, because we all know that there isn't going to be enough content in TTK to justify the expansion going for the same price as a brand new game.

Like seriously, just imagine TTK being priced at $60, because that's what we're having to deal with over here in the UK, and man people are pissed, I've already lost most of my clan, down from over 30 members to just under 10. The anger is such that I'm not even sure if people will come back even if Bungie fix the price, because Brit's have a tendency to hold grudges for a long ass time. Some dude I used to annoy back in primary school is still pissed off at me to this day ffs lol

SnakeEyes

Banned
In my quest for Revenant I got a 2nd Fermi Solution. Why lord? Some other poor soul needs a ship. I do not.
You're in the same boat as I am friend. I've got the Solution, and both the Bittersteel and Hanged Man shaders. The last item I actually got out of a Dead Orbit package was 3 packages ago and it was a Unwilling Soul Auto Rifle ~_~

As a UK GAFer as far as i'm concerned, in regards to pricing TTK = Vanilla Destiny. So it should be at least equal in content minimum. That means 4 planets and 1 raid minimum

$94 is what we are paying in the UK for TTK + upgrade.

Admodieus

Nice HM VoG run tonight guys. Got my Fatebringer, but definitely got sandbagged on Atheon - the ship and two of the helm, both of which I already had. The search for Vision of Confluence goes on.

Zoidberg

As a UK GAFer as far as i'm concerned, in regards to pricing TTK = Vanilla Destiny. So it should be at least equal in content minimum. That means 4 planets and 1 raid minimum

You will get those 4 planets

In 3-4 expansions after probably $300+

Joining! I need to do 2x. Pretty sure we are PSN friends already

Looks like TTK will have about 1/4 to 1/3 the content of vanilla for 2/3 the price.

That said, it will probably have the same amount of content as TDB and HoW combined for the same price as both of those combined.

It's up to you to rationalize whether or not the value is something you're okay with.

Sofa King

What would make you guys happy? What is it that you want?

I'm honestly just curous why people are so upset. Everyone and their mother was clamoring about having to pay full price for the CE stuff. Now they make it so you don't have to spend $80 if all you want are the CE stuff, and people are upset over that??

If you live overseas and are upset about the price, then you are totally justified IMO. That sucks.

I don't think many will be satisfied due to the price of the 40 dollar DLC. Many thought that the expansion pass was excessive at $35, and thus are weary of what a $40 standalone expansion is in terms of value. The uber fans will either gladly pay anything for cosmetic items, but some don't like this expensive DLC plus excessively expensive micro transactions. Honestly, at $40 dollars it still seems like gouging your best customers to pony up half the expansion price for cosmetics. I guess that is what makes them their best customers, though.

Yep, I'm the UK, and the fact that Bungie are pricing their expansion at the same price I picked up the base game for at launch for is really rubbing me up the wrong way, because we all know that there isn't going to be enough content in TTK to justify the expansion going for the same price as a brand new game.

Like seriously, just imagine TTK being priced at $60, because that's what we're having to deal with over here in the UK, and man people are pissed, I've already lost most of my clan, down from over 30 members to just under 10. The anger is such that I'm not even sure if people will come back even if Bungie fix the price, because Brit's have a tendency to hold grudges for a long ass time. Some dude I used to annoy back in primary school is still pissed off at me to this day ffs lol

Yeah... even their language at e3 suggested this wasn't quite a full game worth, but "almost". So in US and Canada anyway, they think it's worth it. But for international? Pay up basically :/

No shame.

Mindlog

Someone needs to take that goddamn shovel away from Bungie lol.

Anyway. Trying out new stuff in Crucible because what else is there left to do.
Radiant Skin, Firebolt Grenade, Viking Funeral, Touch of Flame
Heart of Praxic Fire

I burned them. I burned them all. Laughs were had by all. Killed so many enemies hiding behind cover. Pair it with Thorn for ultimate DoT brutality. Once I captured B on Pantheon I just sat on it killing all the wannabe hall snipers and Thorning everyone that tried to flank. It was Guardian Fondue.

Daemul

Looking forward us to being asked to pay £20 for the cosmetic stuff because $20=£20 in Bungie world.

Someone needs to take that goddamn shovel away from Bungie lol.

Anyway. Trying out new stuff in Crucible because what else is there left to do.
Radiant Skin, Firebolt Grenade, Viking Funeral, Touch of Flame
Heart of Praxic Fire

I burned them. I burned them all. Laughs were had by all. Killed so many enemies hiding behind cover. Pair it with Thorn for ultimate DoT brutality. Once I captured B on Pantheon I just sat on it killing all the wannabe hall snipers and Thorning everyone that tried to flank. It was Guardian Fondue.

That's my exact set up :p

LOL! You're probably right m8

Looking forward us to being asked to pay £20 for the cosmetic stuff because $20=£20 in Bungie world.

I know :( sucks.

He actually is close if you take into account the nextt season pass, see my post above :p

I was actually emailing the endgadget UK editor earlier about this very subject and they're looking at putting a piece together 'hopefully' on how UKers are getting gouged price wise.

I was expecting $10 for the CE stuff. That would be in line with the practice EA does with all their Digital Deluxe editions for most of their games for a handful of bonus's.

I guess its nice that they offer the CE stuff separately, but we can now all just ignore it for $20 and Bungie can come back and say "No one bought it, what was all the fuss about?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom