• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the same space tiger?!

H2BkJoN.jpg

Hah. Almost exactly as in the concept art. Nice find.

Hey, peeps!

I'm really interested in playing this after the E3 showing, but I'm not currently on the market for the expansions. Maybe when they lower in price...
Still, I want to give this game a try. Which is the better version: The PS3 one, or the 360?
Thanks!
I would go with the PS3 version. You get access to all the Sony-exclusive content (extra Exotic guns, strikes, and Crucible maps), you don't need a paid subscription (360 and XB1 require XBL Gold and PS4 requires PS+) and I believe you can pre-order TTK Legendary for $60 on the PSN Store and have all current game content right away.

I'm still a bit flabbergasted that their solution to the CE Edition controversy is a $20 delta package. They really think a few emotes and shaders is worth the same as TDB or HoW?

Bladelaw

$20 for bunch of shaders and dance emotes? You can't be seriously considering this guys. I've put over 1000 hours but this is getting out of hand. You are seriously okay with it? Paying the same price as for Crotas End of HoW? Wow.

So Taken King is $40. the CE stuff is $20 which means the game and both DLC packs are $20 total? lol such value.

I'm skipping the pre-order. I hope the Taken King is good and gets me back but I'm pretty much done. I'm not interested in banging my head against ToO, I have everything I want from the Prison, so beyond helping folks with Nightfalls and raids I'm not really sure what would convince me to hang on.

I'm still a bit flabbergasted that their solution to the CE Edition controversy is a $20 delta package. They really think a few emotes and shaders is worth the same as TDB or HoW?

People were asking for exactly this. Do you want them to devalue the the other editions? $60 gets you everything without having to re-buy anything.

people were asking for exactly this. Do you want them to devalue the the other editions? $60 gets you everything without having to re-buy anything.

Pretty much. I had no problem with $20 for the dancings. Call me names, whatever.

It was the expectation of re-buying the game and valuing them at $40 for launch players I was having a shit fit about.

I'm a happy shill now.

zewone

They can offer the extra items digitally for a $60 package for people who own the game and other DLCs.

I think it's a ridiculous price, but people will be happier than paying $80 for it.

The lower price and bowing down to internet hate might actually increase sales.

Dang. Called that.

exarkun

Hey guys LFG sites havent really work for me so I wanted to post here: I'm looking to do POE, trials, the weekly strike, or VOG. Im a 32 warlock, PSN is exarkun. I'll be on most of the night. Its just been frustrating to find people to play with or do anything with cause so many people just want lvl 34 players.Makes me sad. Or just add me if you play quite a bit and you don't mind pvping or POEing sometime.

Hey guys LFG sites havent really work for me so I wanted to post here: I'm looking to do POE, trials, the weekly strike, or VOG. Im a 32 warlock, PSN is exarkun. I'll be on most of the night. Its just been frustrating to find people to play with or do anything with cause so many people just want lvl 34 players.Makes me sad. Or just add me if you play quite a bit and you don't mind pvping or POEing sometime.

You don't need 34's to do anything besides PoE 35 in this game. LFG is just stupid.

I'll send you a friend request. I'm on frequently. This is the best place to find groups. The community is great for the most part and not nearly as elitist as lfg.

People were asking for exactly this. Do you want them to devalue the the other editions? $60 gets you everything without having to re-buy anything.

Their pricing model isn't consistent.

Vanilla Destiny CE was $99 I think and the Digital Guardian Edition was $89 to make up for the lack of physical goods, but all software was the same.

TTK Physical is $80 so the TTK Digital should have been $70 to keep with previous practices.

Knock off $20 for the CE Upgrade Software markup and the Day 1 Destiny CE Upgrade pack should be $50 or in other words, $10 more than TTK base package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom