• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not confirmed, no, and it seems you have proof this theory is wrong then. :)
I had a week with two exotics in a row on my first two characters, which seemed to confirm it, but maybe it's just a flat out percentage chance anytime you open up a chest? If so, farming PoE 28 is probably the best way to farm exotics at the moment...

Yeah seems like it, because most people I know have gotten exotics out of the 28 chest while nothing out of the higher level chests.

I just want the 2 new exotic boots, have everything else.

top of the page
RNG IS MY BITCH
bask in my awesomeness!

O6a739N.jpg

sajj316

The only reason I have for doing Skolas is the chance of getting the Elder Cipher bounty. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

My thoughts exactly. Now that I've gotten the Bow and have two active elder cypher bounties for the other weapons .. Skolas isn't worth my time and effort. Now if Bungie told me I now have a chance to get Fate Bringer through Skolas ...

I was planning on just getting the Taken King digital download, but I might as well spend €20 (?) Extra and sell the game + CE + HoW to a friend who's been holding off on getting a PS4 and Destiny so far. I hope that's possible.

My thoughts exactly. Now that I've gotten the Bow and have two active elder cypher bounties for the other weapons .. Skolas isn't worth my time and effort. Now if Bungie told me I now have a chance to get Fate Bringer through Skolas ...

On the other hand the Skolas fight is now fun! Though the rewards still suck big time and the no checkpoint thing still baffles...

Got a Void AR from Skolas last night, don't know if I should keep it or just shard.

I used to do so much stuff every day, dailies, bounties, strikes, and try to do raids on all characters... It becomes a burden and sucks much of the joy out of it. That's why I left for 3 months.

Lately, I just do the dailies (story and crucible) to get motes and some weapon parts to reroll, and raids or PoE on occasion and it's much more enjoyable. Been focusing a bit on PvP, trying to improve my game though I'm still average at best. Looking forward to the next Iron Banana!

MrMuscle

I wanted to try to articulate my view on all the drama that has been going on these last weeks and i wanted to do it in this thread because those who actually play it and are passionate about it is in here, not in the weekly "bag on destiny" thread.

Ive been gaming since i was a kid and C64 was the hotness. I have 2 younger brother who ive always played with, but outside that i have no friends that play video games. When Destiny came out I had 2 friends on my PSN (my two brothers), now im getting close to 200 friends. Because of Destiny and DestinyGaf.

I can log on and BAM I get an invite or I see someone doing the daily alone and i can just jump in their game. People are inclusive, happy to play with me and express excitement when me or anybody else gets a drop they really want.

I would never try to justify what 20$, 40$ or 80$ means to anyone else. But to me, its a measly sum to pay to get the awesome experiences i get each day now. So yeah, I was ready to pay 80$ to get the extra stuff and im gonna buy it no matter what because this game has given me hundreds upon hundreds of hours of pure joy (and some frustration, damn you Gjallarhorn!!). But even better, it has given me a lot of new friends from all over the world who share my passion for something. I cant even begin to put a price on that.

EDIT: And i will probably end up asking one of my US buddies to pick up a Red Bull for me as well :D

ocean

Banned
Oh USAGAF will rise to the challenge. It'll be their finest hour. PayPal will be used and darnit Red Bull will be bought by the dozens.

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Actually excited for Xur tomorrow since he could potentially bring new stuff for my titan now :D Does Xur have engrams each week now? Hope it's a helm engram! Also need to stock up on heavy ammo, since I accidentally deleted about 100 synths when I deleted my hunter :(

Thanks noomi! Sorry about the mess. Lfg groups can be hum... Different lol

You got like 3 armors and 2 guns tho. Holy shit.

Oh no worries man, I wasn't bothered or anything, you can kind of tell when it's an LFG group sometimes though haha.

Yup! Walked away with the Titan VoG helmet and chest piece, so I'm happy about that :D Would still want to try to get the last two pieces since the whole set looks baller.

Got my 2nd cipher from boss drop Poe 34 last night

Woo! Just too bad you can't really play this week anymore :( I can do a 32PoE on my titan so we can get you that queens cipher out of the chest if you want to.

Dunlop

Good morning DGAF!

Oh no worries man, I wasn't bothered or anything, you can kind of tell when it's an LFG group sometimes though haha.

Yup! Walked away with the Titan VoG helmet and chest piece, so I'm happy about that :D Would still want to try to get the last two pieces since the whole set looks baller.

I've done VoG a grand total of 2 times and received Vision of Confluence for both.

Last night or HM Crota went south when we just couldn't get the timing down with our swordbearer to what seemed to be lag. We had him down to 1 hit at least 9 times ; (

If I try to restart the raid, where will my checkpoint be?

noomi

I've done VoG a grand total of 2 times and received Vision of Confluence for both.

Last night or HM Crota went south when we just couldn't get the timing down with our swordbearer to what seemed to be lag. We had him down to 1 hit at least 9 times ; (

If I try to restart the raid, where will my checkpoint be?

Hey, sorry for bailing but it was getting late and I had to get my ass to bed. Yup, wherever you guys left of as long as you load it on the same character it will take you exactly where you stopped :)

M3Rocket

I wanted to try to articulate my view on all the drama that has been going on these last weeks and i wanted to do it in this thread because those who actually play it and are passionate about it is in here, not in the weekly "bag on destiny" thread.

Ive been gaming since i was a kid and C64 was the hotness. I have 2 younger brother who ive always played with, but outside that i have no friends that play video games. When Destiny came out I had 2 friends on my PSN (my two brothers), now im getting close to 200 friends. Because of Destiny and DestinyGaf.

I can log on and BAM I get an invite or I see someone doing the daily alone and i can just jump in their game. People are inclusive, happy to play with me and express excitement when me or anybody else gets a drop they really want.

I would never try to justify what 20$, 40$ or 80$ means to anyone else. But to me, its a measly sum to pay to get the awesome experiences i get each day now. So yeah, I was ready to pay 80$ to get the extra stuff and im gonna buy it no matter what because this game has given me hundreds upon hundreds of hours of pure joy (and some frustration, damn you Gjallarhorn!!). But even better, it has given me a lot of new friends from all over the world who share my passion for something. I cant even begin to put a price on that.

EDIT: And i will probably end up asking one of my US buddies to pick up a Red Bull for me as well :D

Awesome post.

No worries mate--I have probably at least a dozen 7-11's within 5 miles of where I live. When that Red Bull is available, I'll get you a code. Along with others, maybe even do some fun code giveaways.

Dunlop

Hey, sorry for bailing but it was getting late and I had to get my ass to bed. Yup, wherever you guys left of as long as you load it on the same character it will take you exactly where you left off :)
Lol, not faulting anyone I had a fun time.

Time to go sleep at my desk at work and rerun tonight :)

This. All in all this has been the greatest video game experience I've ever had and for the amount I've played destiny it's paid for itself many times over. So many good people I have met. So many jubilant/frustrating nights spent in VoG and CE. That moment when I got my first gjallahorn. When my friends got gjallahorn. When we tease the last couple who still haven't gotten gjallahorn.
:p

If time were money, and assuming that $60 = 20hrs of gameplay, and going off the 1700hrs I've put in so far (rounded up):

1700hrs / 20 = 85 times that this game has paid for itself over.

85 * $60 = $5100

Or if you factor it with the dlc:

85 * $90 = $7650

So... $40 for The Taken King? No problem. $20 for the extra loot? Cool! But $80 for the whizbang Collector's Edition with *all* the extra goodies? You're damn right I'm getting that one and you're damn right I'm fine with buying the base game and expansions again. I need a physical copy to put on my shelf anyway, as I have nothing but a digital save file to show for my appreciation for this game.

1500hrs is a lot of time invested- but when each and every one of those hours has been spent having fun with my friends... That's just drops of water in the ocean.

noomi

I know there are mixed opinions here, but I for one will be picking up TTK $40 and the $20 goodies.... I must have it all.

Also, plan on getting some red bull cans, will be giving a few codes away to those who have no means of getting them.

Lol, not faulting anyone I had a fun time.

Time to go sleep at my desk at work and rerun tonight :)

Let me know if you guys need a hand, I can chop crota down for you guys :D

Just read the weekly update. I don't know what to think...

This feels like the PR and marketing equivalent of the original Skolas fight with arc and solar burns. It's really like they don't think things through, as if they just make decisions without thinking of the possible consequences.

"Hey , I just got the greatest idea. Lets just sell the digital extras for 20..."

"Marks? I don't think..."

"No, no, no..."

"Oh, you mean motes or coins..."

"No, no, no, I mean bucks, or euros, or pounds!"

"Brilliant! They'll love the chance to get them without having to grind!"

Ikkarus

Good morning DGAF!

Actually excited for Xur tomorrow since he could potentially bring new stuff for my titan now :D Does Xur have engrams each week now? Hope it's a helm engram! Also need to stock up on heavy ammo, since I accidentally deleted about 100 synths when I deleted my hunter :(
I'm hoping for the helmet engram too.

I need to get both the Ram and Titan HoW ones.

Good morning DGAF!

Yup, exotic engram each week. Last week was chest so this week may be helmet
pls be boots

amar212

Yeah seems like it, because most people I know have gotten exotics out of the 28 chest while nothing out of the higher level chests.

I just want the 2 new exotic boots, have everything else.

top of the page
RNG IS MY BITCH
bask in my awesomeness!

LV28 chest? Not first in the week?

Yup, exotic engram each week. Last week was chest so this week may be helmet
pls be boots

I'm missing both the Bones of Eao and Peregrine Greaves, so yeah boots will definitely be appreciated. Didn't have any luck rolling for Purifier Robes and forgot to buy the Nothing Manacles. Hopefully, Xur brings one of these, haven't bought anything from him with coins in a loooong time.

ocean

Banned
With how sensitive people are right now I expect Bungie to use Xur tomorrow to get on our good side:

No Land Beyond
Arachnid
Sunbreakers
Stand Asides

I'm missing both the Bones of Eao and Peregrine Greaves, so yeah boots will definitely be appreciated. Didn't have any luck rolling for Purifier Robes and forgot to buy the Nothing Manacles. Hopefully, Xur brings one of these, haven't bought anything from him with coins in a loooong time.

I've lucked out in Nightfall to get both Bones of Eao and Peregrine Greaves.

Still no helms, despite pumping all my motes into engrams.

My previous post might be a bit confusing so I'll clarify. My issue is not the 20 bucks or euros or whatever. I bought the Ghost Edition and I more than feel I got my money's worth. I don't mind paying for something I like, I'm going to buy the TTK CE because I want the physical extras.

My issue is how blind they seem to be to how the community and those outside it perceive Bungie, the game and their decisions. They seem to be locked up inside an echo chamber without any kind of critical thinking of how things they do might affect the community and the game, and how they'll be perceived by those outside.

The decisions they make and their subsequent attempts to fix them after the backlash keep outsiders away, and even push some members of the community into leaving. This baffles me.

Xur, Purifier Robes (need another for my alt) or Nothing Manacles for me please.

Like an idiot, I went to 711 this morning looking for those cans... Should had read the flyer more carefully as this doesn't start until July 1st lol.

Oh well. Bought a couple Redbulls anyway. 👍

Xur, Purifier Robes (need another for my alt) or Nothing Manacles for me please.

I just finished leveling my Purifier about a week ago and was leveling the PoE chest up on Tuesday while I was doing a solo nightfall run and... Got another Purifier with better stat rolls.

Welp.

I've lucked out in Nightfall to get both Bones of Eao and Peregrine Greaves.

Still no helms, despite pumping all my motes into engrams.

Oh wow lucky!
For me it was exactly the other way around: I grabbed the Celestial Nighthawk and the Ram from Exotic Engrams and the Eternal Warrior from the Nightfall. When Xur sold the Nothing Manacles I tried to get them first from Engrams and got Khepri's Sting + Feedback Fence, totally forgot to buy them after that. Finally, I didn't get lucky enough to get the Purifier Robes after spending a lot of motes.

noomi

Question:

I have a piece of VoG armor, completely un-leved. If I ascend it, will be automatically put the armor at 42 light, or will I still need to unlock the bubbles to get extra light from it?

Has Xur ever had a boots engram? What with Warlocks not being awesome enough to cope with having any.

No boot Engrams until warlocks actually have exotic boots... But I don't see them needing them unless maybe now that warlocks can float and shoot electricity, there'll be an exotic set of boots that let them hover at all times
Omgbungiepls

Question:

I have a piece of VoG armor, completely un-leved. If I ascend it, will be automatically put the armor at 42 light, or will I still need to unlock the bubbles to get extra light from it?

It'll be at 36/42.

ocean

Banned
Anyone hit rank 3 with variks yet? If so, how do the shaders look? They're the only thing left for me to obtain from HoW
You can preview the shaders right there before buying them. To be honest, I don't like them much.
Question:

You have to go all the way with the perk tree.

Just read the weekly update. I don't know what to think...

This feels like the PR and marketing equivalent of the original Skolas fight with arc and solar burns. It's really like they don't think things through, as if they just make decisions without thinking of the possible consequences.

"Hey , I just got the greatest idea. Lets just sell the digital extras for 20..."

"Marks? I don't think..."

"No, no, no..."

"Oh, you mean motes or coins..."

"No, no, no, I mean bucks, or euros, or pounds!"

"Brilliant! They'll love the chance to get them without having to grind!"

The entire complaint was that in order to get these digital extras you had to purchase the vanilla game, and both expansions. Which most of the die-hards had already done. We didnt like the idea of rebuying the entire series just for some silly stuff.

While it's still over priced, the die-hards can still buy it if they want to, except now it's 20 bucks instead of 80.

You can preview them by pressing Triangle. Most of them look bad, except the last one.

Yeah they look pretty bad indeed. I think I only ever purchased two shaders from vendors: Rosegold and Imogen's Fire, the latter looking sexy on a ToO Titan.

Edit - Forgot about the IB ones, but I needed the rep boost :p

Dunlop

Concerning Red Bull, my co-worker is almost an addict of the stuff do I would get the codes from him, but that promotion mentions 7-11 only which do not exist in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom