• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Aye. It gets really jading having to save up the plasteel bits especially when you factor in the exotic pieces too. :/

Yeah man, some exotics look like they take 100 plasteel to completely level up :eek: I'm sticking to PoE armor for now, it only takes 5 plating per bubble.

Yeah man, some exotics look like they take 100 plasteel to completely level up :eek: I'm sticking to PoE armor for now, it only takes 5 plating per bubble.

I assume you got the PoE chest already for the Titan? If not, it's pretty good to pick up this week, as well as the ToO boots with the more heavy ammo perk.

Zoidberg

It's disappointing they didn't tidy up the old gear when the moved to the new model of upgrades.

Ikkarus

How awesome would boots be that give a glide speed/altitude boost, or a multi glide jump thing. Warlock jump is shit.
It's the worst jump of all time. It makes Sunsinger feel so slow. Thank god for voidwalker having blink otherwise I would never use them in PvP.

Exotic boots which gave Sunsinger Blink would be lovely.

FyreWulff

Concerning Red Bull, my co-worker is almost an addict of the stuff do I would get the codes from him, but that promotion mentions 7-11 only which do not exist in Canada

When I went to Canada last year, there was 3 7-11s within walking distance (Vancouver, BC)

There's none within over a hundred miles of me in the US (Nebraska). They left over a decade ago, lol

Ikkarus

Definitely the best plan as your Titan is still so young! :)

Strike or queens chest farming is the only method I know of getting fairly decent and frequent armour drops but it's mind numbing.

Between my two warlocks:

0jkjJGA.jpg

iDG4AhO.jpg

Plus weapon parts I sent off to my baby Titan...

noomi

I have 1890 Plasteel Plates.

Would trade it all for a Fatebringer.

Heh, I have about 3000 spinmetal, wish I could trade half of it for plates :p

*edit*

I take that back, I have a lot more spinmetal than I thought :p

I assume you got the PoE chest already for the Titan? If not, it's pretty good to pick up this week, as well as the ToO boots with the more heavy ammo perk.

Yup, picked up the chest right away, ToO boots might be kind of hard to get for me since I'm only a measly level 32 defender titan. Will need a strong group to to help me get at least 5 wins.

It's disappointing they didn't tidy up the old gear when the moved to the new model of upgrades.

Yeah I was a bit surprised that the new gear requires much less to upgrade. Ah well, at least I have something to grind for until TTK :p

Definitely the best plan as your Titan is still so young! :)

Strike or queens chest farming is the only method I know of getting fairly decent and frequent armour drops but it's mind numbing.

Hmmm, wait the Queens Chest can drop armor? I usually get weapons or exotic weapons from it. Also Strikes might be a good idea, but after the great hawkmoon search where I must have done about 300 strikes.... I don't even want to go back haha

Daemul

Yea the audacity of them to say sorry we made a mistake and then ask $20 for that is just ridiculous.

Not to mention the crappy 1:1 pricing, it may be slightly justifiable for Europe where the dollar to Euro difference isn't that big and also considering the fact that US prices are without taxes and EU prices are with taxes so after taxes the price comes about to be the same or close atleast. Not in UK's case where the dollar to pound difference is substantial to make enough of a difference.

It's always been the case that dollar and Euro prices are 1:1 but pound pricing is slightly lower in numerical value due to the larger difference...Bungie obviously didn't get the memo.

The funny thing is that not even other Activision games try to gouge us in this way.

The WoW:Warlords of Draenor expansion is priced at $50 in the US and £35(currently on sale for £19 so grab it now) in the UK
The COD:AW Season pass is priced at $50 in the US and £35 in the UK.
Now we have TTK which is priced at $40 in the US and £40 in the UK. I don't know about you, but I think something is clearly off here :p

This is why I don't blame Activision for this issue and I lay it all at Bungies feet, because Activision don't pull this bullshit with their other games. Bungie are clearly the ones setting the pricing for their expansion.

Ikkarus

Hmmm, wait the Queens Chest can drop armor? I usually get weapons or exotic weapons from it. Also Strikes might be a good idea, but after the great hawkmoon search where I must have done about 300 strikes.... I don't even want to go back haha
Sorry I meant Ether Chests.

Jinjo

That's ridiculous and untrue!
I threw $80 at the physical CE

I'm kind of jealous I was too late ordering the physical CE so now I hold the opinion that all the CE bonus stuff is bullshit and that I will 'wait-and-see' if I buy the Taken King.

Half of that statement is true.

Gordon

I still have mine as well. Does it give a boost to XP or something?
Not sure if it still works but it used to let you buy the thing from Xur that makes bats burst out of your spawn or something like that. I was too cheap with my coins for that back then lol

I just finished leveling my Purifier about a week ago and was leveling the PoE chest up on Tuesday while I was doing a solo nightfall run and... Got another Purifier with better stat rolls.

Welp.

Why you lucky... Congrats! I just got another fucking Suros... Second week in a row...

The entire complaint was that in order to get these digital extras you had to purchase the vanilla game, and both expansions. Which most of the die-hards had already done. We didnt like the idea of rebuying the entire series just for some silly stuff.

While it's still over priced, the die-hards can still buy it if they want to, except now it's 20 bucks instead of 80.

I clarified my gripe with Bungie in a following post since I also found that one to be confusing. It's not the price of stuff or how they bundle things together, those mishaps can be fixed.

It's how lacking in self-awareness and forethought they are. They seem to not think things through, and due to their thoughtlessness they keep driving people away and keep handicapping the game.

Destiny is great and I love it, in spite of Bungie's management of the game and the community, not because of it. It's like they're trying their best to fuck up a good thing. Of course, I don't think it's intentional.

Not sure if it still works but it used to let you buy the thing from Xur that makes bats burst out of your spawn or something like that. I was too cheap with my coins for that back then lol

What the heck.. Can I still buy those I'd I'm wearing one??

I may have to do a test tomorrow...

Why you lucky... Congrats! I just got another fucking Suros... Second week in a row...

S U R O S R E G I M E

Gordon

Well, I wish I could trade them for ANYTHING. We used to be able to trade materials for marks and rep right? What happened to that?
Now you can buy materials instead. It was nice for a little while, and now I have 600 spirit bloom on my main character because wolves. It would be really nice if Bungie could get over their compulsion to have every item in the game on the screen at once and let us have some sort of collapsible menu so we can have something like a way to get rid of my stacks and stacks and stacks of materials.

Nuszka

Question:

I have a piece of VoG armor, completely un-leved. If I ascend it, will be automatically put the armor at 42 light, or will I still need to unlock the bubbles to get extra light from it?

Dude you don't listen to me lol , same thing I was doing last night with my vog helmet , btw fuck work , tired or not I will be on tonight for a quick Poe

I clarified my gripe with Bungie in a following post since I also found that one to be confusing. It's not the price of stuff or how they bundle things together, those mishaps can be fixed.

It's how lacking in self-awareness and forethought they are. They seem to not think things through, and due to their thoughtlessness they keep driving people away and keep handicapping the game.

Destiny is great and I love it, in spite of Bungie's management of the game and the community, not because of it. It's like they're trying their best to fuck up a good thing. Of course, I don't think it's intentional.

The entire thing is especially awkward for marketting. Mostly because we have so many similar scenarios to replicated.

For instance, from a marketting perspective, you don't but the good stuff in for future customers. You ideally pull in new customers now.

If you advertise that only current players will get the goods and new players will just have the base game, you entice people to go ahead and buy your product before its price drop.

Gordon

7-11 certainly does exist in Canada.
Yep tons here in southern ontario. I really wish Bungie would stop doing these shitty cash-grindy ad campaigns. Just makes me hate Bungie and 7-11 a little more. When 343 did the 7-11 Doritos thing I stopped going to 7-11. And actually, stopped playing Halo, although that might have more to do with Halo 4...

5 ppl waiting for the damn wolves... Wtf bungie
Once you finish your wolves head on over to the waking ruin and run vog lol [wouldn't it be sweet if you could launch activities organically like that?]

noomi

Dude you don't listen to me lol , same thing I was doing last night with my vog helmet , btw fuck work , tired or not I will be on tonight for a quick Poe

Haha, I vaguely remember you saying something about that last night to me too, my attention span is not so good :p

Awesome, I'll help you out, just give me a heads up when you're ready to go, I have to do the 28PoE first to unlock the others. I can do that before you get on.

Nuszka

Haha, I vaguely remember you saying something about that last night to me too, my attention span is not so good :p

Awesome, I'll help you out, just give me a heads up when you're ready to go, I have to do the 28PoE first to unlock the others. I can do that before you get on.

Awsome will be on around 6-7pm est , set you then

Namikaze1

You’ve voiced your objections. We agree wholeheartedly. So you can have the shit you've been whining about this past week for the "retail suggested" price of $20. Keep whining but we both know you're gonna buy it anyway. Stay tune for part 2 tomorrow. Later Guardians.

Gordon

You’ve voiced your objections. We agree wholeheartedly. So you can have the shit you've been whining about this past week for the "retail suggested" price of $20. Keep whining but we both know you're gonna buy it anyway. Stay tune for part 2 tomorrow. Later Guardians.
And that moving apology lol
south-park-bp-sorry1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom