• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hey sexy, why don't you come sit over here with me:"

IoPhIFz.jpg

OkayRene

Good morning DGAF!

Actually excited for Xur tomorrow since he could potentially bring new stuff for my titan now :D Does Xur have engrams each week now? Hope it's a helm engram! Also need to stock up on heavy ammo, since I accidentally deleted about 100 synths when I deleted my hunter :(

Oh no worries man, I wasn't bothered or anything, you can kind of tell when it's an LFG group sometimes though haha.

Yup! Walked away with the Titan VoG helmet and chest piece, so I'm happy about that :D Would still want to try to get the last two pieces since the whole set looks baller.

Woo! Just too bad you can't really play this week anymore :( I can do a 32PoE on my titan so we can get you that queens cipher out of the chest if you want to.

Hey Noomi, Can I grab that bridge checkpoint off you later?

ocean

Banned
I don't know what's going on, but the TTK Digital CE on PSN for Portugal is 89.99 Eur. Wasn't it supposed to be 79.99 Eur?
Physical CE on Amazon France has been €89.99 from day one. Never looked for the digital one. Wouldn't be surprised to be honest. MSRP is US$59.99 but generally €69.99 for new releases.

Sixty euros is already more than sixty dollars. Solution? Charge seventy euros. #fucklogic

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fully agree. The Icebreaker was basically just a crutch for many people during times when you aren't over-leveled for a strike of NF. It's great setting up camp in a safe spot with unlimited sniper ammo.
Yeah, and even then, it's still going to be useful for things like Phogoth on Arc burn, because even though you can't shoot Icebreaker at Phogoth, you can at least hide in the room and use it to refill your arc sniper.

Been playing since before Christmas and still no horn, but I am happy as my only secondary with solar was the Murmur. I think that's a step up.
Ah, you must not have had enough coins when he sold it earlier in the year? But yeah, definitely a step up. lol
Your end goal at the moment for PvE content is going to be a Black Hammer and a Gjallarhorn. You'll be able to both DPS and shoot infinitely at certain enemies.

ocean

Banned
I used Ice Breaker for this week's NF until Valus. Did its job.

I feel like it gets a lot of flak lately, but it's still a great sniper.
Oh IB was amazing. I skipped the first part on my invisible Hunter but used IB for cleanup on the other two classes. One shots everywhere, so satisfying. And that poor tank...
I rerolled a LGH with Hidden Hand, Hand-laid Stock and Unflinching, but the scopes are not very good.

I also rerolled a HB with Shortgaze and Ambush, Outlaw, Injection Mold and Unflinching.

Which one do you think should be best for PvP?
Scope is the most important attribute on a Sniper in my experience. Some people like Shortgaze but I can't stand it. I like Ambush a lot better, but play around yourself with them both. That second HB has an amazing roll. It has so much base Aim Assistance that missing Hidden Hand shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Shito

I used Ice Breaker for this week's NF until Valus. Did its job.

I feel like it gets a lot of flak lately, but it's still a great sniper.
It lost a lot of his glory ever since Black Hammer happened.
Taking the Valus strike as an example, Ice Breaker is the better choice for killing the 3 lieutenants, but then Black Hammer is way more useful for sniping the tank. And if you have a steady arm, BH is also the best choice for the boss.

I still love my 3 IBs, but ever since I got myself a BH (stay strong unstable, this will happen to you one day! ^^) I don't use them much anymore, really...

Scope is the most important attribute on a Sniper in my experience. Some people like Shortgaze but I can't stand it. I like Ambush a lot better, but play around yourself with them both. That second HB has an amazing roll. It has so much base Aim Assistance that missing Hidden Hand shouldn't be too much of a problem.

That HB definitely

My only worry about my HB is that it's missing Hidden Hand but Javier might have a point about the scopes. I'll unlock the perks and give it a shot.

The LGH has Tacsys which shouldn't be a bad scope but I'm not feeling it, even with Hidden Hand.

It lost a lot of his glory ever since Black Hammer happened.
Taking the Valus strike as an example, Ice Breaker is the better choice for killing the 3 lieutenants, but then Black Hammer is way more useful for sniping the tank. And if you have a steady arm, BH is also the best choice for the boss.

I still love my 3 IBs, but ever since I got myself a BH (stay strong unstable, this will happen to you one day! ^^) I don't use them much anymore, really...

Me neither, it's the first time I've used it since HoW dropped. I solo'd the tank on my first NF and I feel like trying to take advantage of White Nail probably would have gotten me killed. IB let me flit about without having to worry about ammo.

ocean

Banned
Is there even new music for TDB and HoW? And TTK?
Stay in the Reef for like 5 minutes and there's like a hymn or chant in a soothing voice. I'd PayPal someone some money gladly for a quality rip of that music :(
My only worry about my HB is that it's missing Hidden Hand but Javier might have a point about the scopes. I'll unlock the perks and give it a shot.

The LGH has Tacsys which shouldn't be a bad scope but I'm not feeling it, even with Hidden Hand.
Think of it this way. Hidden Hand didn't even exist two months ago and we still sniped stuff just fine :p a good scope, high stability are the main elements. High base aim assist is icing on the cake. Followed by either impact for 3v3 (gotta kill through revive shields) or RoF for 6v6. Hidden Hand and Unflinching are good perks to have but they won't make a bad sniper good, and missing them won't make a good sniper bad.

Her Benevolence with a stability perk and good scopes? Winner.

OkayRene

Yeah, absolutely. I should be on around 3-4PM EST, just send me a message.

Cool. I'll shoot you a message around 5ish when I get home. Also, I may try to get a group together to finish Crota if you're interested. I had to bail last night, so didn't get a chance to kill his ass.

ocean

Banned
I always wonder how some people do so well with it. I've never tried it in PvP myself though.
It's not a bad option for large maps like First Light where Ambush and Shortgaze aren't enough. The agility boost, ammo regen, infinite range, high aim assistance and impact make it a great PvP option, provided you're in a map large enough to use that scope.

PuMa

Hidden Hand doesn't do as much as you think on sniper rifles. There was a video posted somewhere a while back showing the difference. You can definitely get along without it.

noomi

Cool. I'll shoot you a message around 5ish when I get home. Also, I may try to get a group together to finish Crota if you're interested. I had to bail last night, so didn't get a chance to kill his ass.

Sounds good, yeah same here really needed some sleep. Even if I'm not on just shoot me a msg on PSN and I can pop on and pass the checkpoint to ya.

Dunlop

Thanks noomi! Sorry about the mess. Lfg groups can be hum... Different lol

You got like 3 armors and 2 guns tho. Holy shit.
For the record I logged in to do PoE and was invited to the group where I explained my noobness with raids (I had quit destiny fur months)

After last night's marathon I could do each mechanic in my sleep now :)

As a former hard core raider in mmo's a lifetime ago, I had a blast

ocean

Banned
It doesn't work properly on the ps4 either

9/10 times you have to use the ps4 party chat
What? I've actually had more issues with part chat and those damn NAT errors. Part chat is so frequent because it lets you leave a fireteam (change character, go to Tower or whatever) and remain connected. But 9/10 times having to use it? That sounds strange man.

If you say jif, you're a git.

It's not a bad option for large maps like First Light where Ambush and Shortgaze aren't enough. The agility boost, ammo regen, infinite range, high aim assistance and impact make it a great PvP option, provided you're in a map large enough to use that scope.

I haven't played on a big map in a while lol. I got rekt by some guy using it on Firebase Delphi once. Felt like I was being no-scoped constantly.

Ah, you must not have had enough coins when he sold it earlier in the year? But yeah, definitely a step up. lol
Your end goal at the moment for PvE content is going to be a Black Hammer and a Gjallarhorn. You'll be able to both DPS and shoot infinitely at certain enemies.
Nope. I'll admit that despite being level 34, I am far from the most dedicated member of my fire team. So, until this last weekend, my best weapons were Red Death, The Chosen, and The Cure.

Now, I've gotten Icebreaker, Hezen Vengence, and Her Mercy (rolled with the last shot and random shot perk). My DPS has definitely increased.

I rerolled a LGH with Hidden Hand, Hand-laid Stock and Unflinching, but the scopes are not very good.

I also rerolled a HB with Shortgaze and Ambush, Outlaw, Injection Mold and Unflinching.

Which one do you think should be best for PvP?

Between these 2 I gotta go HB. Hidden Hand is awesome but HB already ahs a huge AA.

For the record I logged in to do PoE and was invited to the group where I explained my noobness with raids (I had quit destiny fur months)

After last night's marathon I could do each mechanic in my sleep now :)

As a former hard core raider in mmo's a lifetime ago, I had a blast

Yeah. I meant because the group was like me, noomi, a 10yo Kid, an Older guy that liked to "solo" the venus portal, a chinese guy with a wierd accent and a guys that kept dying everytime. All talking in volume 11. It was kind of a mess.

We did 2 GK and 2 Atheons on first try tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom