• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
If you say jif, you're a git.

I haven't played on a big map in a while lol. I got rekt by some guy using it on Firebase Delphi once. Felt like I was being no-scoped constantly.
I played a lot of Combined Arms this weekend. So refreshing to escape the Hand Cannon / shotgun tyranny for a while.

phen0m24

I always wonder how some people do so well with it. I've never tried it in PvP myself though.

You would likely end up 26-2 regardless

The "GAL-ERR-HORN"

Like Gal pal.

None of this Yallerhorn nonsense.

Edit: I realize you were making a jab at them. I just wanted to share that information.

Yeah!
Oh oops I say Yallerhorn

It's not a bad option for large maps like First Light where Ambush and Shortgaze aren't enough. The agility boost, ammo regen, infinite range, high aim assistance and impact make it a great PvP option, provided you're in a map large enough to use that scope.

See I would guess a map like First Light that Patience and Time would be a better selection. The cloaking, similar impact and fire rate but being able to fire a second round quickly just in case or at a second target - I mean that thing doesn't move. Ice Breaker kicks like a mule.

Chris Hardwick said it best...

su6iDFe.jpg

While I like this argument, there are plenty of other acronyms that don't follow this rule either.

Language is a fickle mistress, and she does whatever she god damn pleases.

Gammacide

I wish the CE would include the OST for TDB, How, and TTK. I'd gladly pay an extra $20 for that.
Agreed. How hard would it be to put those few tunes up on iTunes? I would buy immediately. For now I just recorded a few vids of me sitting on the Reef and then ripped just the audio. Pretty ambient with all of the talk and noises and such. Still not quite what I was hoping.

ocean

Banned
You would likely end up 26-2 regardless

Yeah!
Oh oops I say Yallerhorn

See I would guess a map like First Light that Patience and Time would be a better selection. The cloaking, similar impact and fire rate but being able to fire a second round quickly just in case or at a second target - I mean that thing doesn't move. Ice Breaker kicks like a mule.
P&T is also a great option! I like Ice Breaker on First Light because it's so damn big that running out to get Special Ammo can be a pain sometimes. It can be pretty far :p
But yeah sniping with custom optics while invisible with great stability/RoF and nice ammo reserve? So good.

Dunlop

I'm looking to do level 34 PoE with my 34 Hunter. Need two.

Or anyone need one?

Is PoE already dead?
On 3 characters I've done one level 32 and that's all

Can't seem to find groups, but I haven't tried lfg.net so maybe that is better.

I just want the light to level gear. I have Shadow of Veils, it's there anything else that I should be striving for from PoE?

Homeboyd

Admittedly, once you get a Gjallarhorn the Icebreaker becomes useless. But you're now able to cheese most of the strikes that require you to hide in a spot as you basically have unlimited special ammo now. lol

Fully agree. The Icebreaker was basically just a crutch for many people during times when you aren't over-leveled for a strike of NF. It's great setting up camp in a safe spot with unlimited sniper ammo.

It is great and still has it's moments. It's just not the mandatory crutch is used to be back in the day.

I haven't used it since my return to the game and the latest NF has given me reason to ascend it.

The only thing I dislike about it is the recoil, otherwise great weapon.

It lost a lot of his glory ever since Black Hammer happened.
Taking the Valus strike as an example, Ice Breaker is the better choice for killing the 3 lieutenants, but then Black Hammer is way more useful for sniping the tank. And if you have a steady arm, BH is also the best choice for the boss.

I still love my 3 IBs, but ever since I got myself a BH (stay strong unstable, this will happen to you one day! ^^) I don't use them much anymore, really...
How dare you all! Who do you think you are? Please show some respect for the greatest gun ever made every anywhere EVER. IB da GAWD.

But it's Jiraffe and not Giraffe!
And you. YOU. You made the list twice. That's 2 strikes.

ocean

Banned

I just want the light to level gear. I have Shadow of Veils, it's there anything else that I should be striving for?
I need PoE 32 in about an hour. X2-3 preferably but at least once at any rate.

Deku Tree

I still love it. I have a meeting in less than an hour, so I can't join now, but after it's over I'll be looking for a group to run level 34.

Invite me to your 34 if I'm on... But I'm not sure whether I will be or not.

Well, I'm not doing skolas this week. Fuck lightswitch.

I just want the light to level gear. I have Shadow of Veils, it's there anything else that I should be striving for from PoE?

Alright I'm just gonna do a quick 28 and then hop off. Want 100 rep to get to rank 3.

I always wonder how some people do so well with it. I've never tried it in PvP myself though.

Saw someone using it in Clash a couple of days ago, was surprised by that. With that recoil I never considered it. But forgot to check how they did so I have no idea if they were effective or not.

Think of it this way. Hidden Hand didn't even exist two months ago and we still sniped stuff just fine :p a good scope, high stability are the main elements. High base aim assist is icing on the cake. Followed by either impact for 3v3 (gotta kill through revive shields) or RoF for 6v6. Hidden Hand and Unflinching are good perks to have but they won't make a bad sniper good, and missing them won't make a good sniper bad.

Her Benevolence with a stability perk and good scopes? Winner.

That's the thing, Praedith's Revenge still feels like the best PvP sniper for me. Haven't found another that feels as good. And LGH was underwhelming. Maybe this HB does the trick.

That's the thing, Praedith's Revenge still feels like the best PvP sniper for me. Haven't found another that feels as good. And LGH was underwhelming. Maybe this HB does the trick.

HB is definitely my go-to in ToO, sniping through that revive shield is just so helpful.
In normal crucible I usually use an Eye of Sol, which is ridiculously good as well. Wish I had a Shadow of Veils to test that one out though.

RemiLP

When is ttk comming?

HoW kinda killed my intrest in destiny some how. Havnt done any raiding since the release, and dont really feel like doing nf ans weekly anymore.

Poe got boring after i levled up voc, woc, fang and some armour.
ToO is pretty much the only thing of intrest anymore.

HoW wasnt as good as i first thought. Hope ttks raid will be better.

Deku Tree

When is ttk comming?

HoW kinda killed my intrest in destiny some how. Havnt done any raiding since the release, and dont really feel like doing nf ans weekly anymore.

9/15/15

ocean

Banned
Saw someone using it in Clash a couple of days ago, was surprised by that. With that recoil I never considered it. But forgot to check how they did so I have no idea if they were effective or not.

HB is the complete opposite type.

Praedyth's is low impact, really high RoF with uber-low aim assistance.
HB is slower firing but harder hitting with a ton of AA.

Note: AA is not always a good thinned. Sometimes a character walking next to another will mess up your shots. Something like Praedyth's works great in 6v6 where you're more likely to have 2 adjacent enemies you can kill in quick succession. Firefly and the fire rate will make it ideal for such a scenario.

Her Benevolence fires a lot slower, so getting a 2 body shot kill is harder. Enemies will move away before you get the second shot in. It shines with pure power. With its AA, it's a weapon for calculated headshots. It can kill through a revive shield. It's what you want for 3v3.

If you like Praedyth's style snipers, look out for Eye of Sol from ToO.

noomi

Morning DGaf.

Good morning :)

When is ttk comming?

Sept 15th so we have a while to go yet. From what they've shown it should be pretty damn good.

Kyne

When is ttk comming?

TtK raid should be good. It's being done by the guys who did Vault of Glass. I think this dude named Luke Smith is leading the team.

So, I might be a little crazy, but here is my current situation.

My son and I both play Destiny, but we can't play together. His PSN account is a sub-account under mine.

This is what I'm planning to do at some point this fall:

1. Upgrade his account to a normal account (which I believe is available to do now).
2. Purchase a new PS4, giving my old one to my son.
3. Migrate my acccount to the new PS4.
4. Buy the new Destiny Digital Collectors Edition for myself on that account.
5. Purchase the upgrade to TKK for my son's account, or maybe get him the same upgraded edition.
6. ??????? Realize I am crazy.
7. We can play Destiny together.

$400 + $40(PSN) + $80 + $40(TKK)

$560 is the cost this fall if I want to play TKK with my son. I sure do miss the Halo splitscreen days.

Now to the reason why I'm posting this: Is there any worry about losing character progress with all this migration? I'm particularly worried that my son might lose something in upgrading his PSN from a sub to a master account.

My son and I both play Destiny, but we can't play together. His PSN account is a sub-account under mine.

1. Upgrade his account to a normal account (which I believe is available to do now).
5. Purchase the upgrade to TKK for my son's account, or maybe get him the same upgraded edition.

$560 is the cost this fall if I want to play TKK with my son. I sure do miss the Halo splitscreen days.

Now to the reason why I'm posting this: Is there any worry about losing character progress with all this migration? I'm particularly worried that my son might lose something in upgrading his PSN from a sub to a master account.

Damn. Get your son to play something else. lol

His sub account... Does that mean he has three of his own characters and you have three of your own as well? Or do you share the same pool of 3.

D_psipher

Nami wake up.

The Dressarosa Arc is finished! @_@

This made me laugh more than it should.

On topic: I did PoE 35 with 2 Hunters while I was running my Titan. That was a horrible experience. It took me a minute to figure out why every enemy in the Skolas fight was shooting at me 75% of the time. I was the only visible target in the fight.

ocean

Banned

I don't know about sub accounts so definitely read up on that first. However, one digital copy is good for two PS4s.

If you leave your current PS4 as the "primary" console of your PSN account, anyone signing in on that console will have access to your digital library.

Your new PS4 can be a "secondary" console, where your digital library is only useable if opened from your account. You son uses his PSN ID on your primary PS4 and you use your own ID on your secondary PS4.

This way you both get to play together with the purchase of a single TTK code.

Damn. Get your son to play something else. lol

Yeah, it's more of a long term investment and probably not fair to say it's just for Destiny. I also had similar feelings back when we were both playing Battlefield 4 at PS4 launch.

His sub account... Does that mean he has three of his own characters and you have three of your own as well? Or do you share the same pool of 3.

We are completely separate. PSN allows you to create sub-accounts with their own PSN handle.

...snip...

This way you both get to play together with the purchase of a single TTK code.

I'm definitely going to look into doing that... I didn't know you could use a digital copy on two PS4s. That's awesome.

Well, I'm not doing skolas this week. Fuck lightswitch.

It's terrible.

Honestly guys, it's not that bad. A couple of buddies and I did the Skolas fight yesterday in about 30 mins without wiping once. A few pages back me and Ikkarus pointed out some stuff to look out for.

It was the first time I tried the fight since they patched it and I found it very fun and tense, much better than with the burns.

HB is definitely my go-to in ToO, sniping through that revive shield is just so helpful.
In normal crucible I usually use an Eye of Sol, which is ridiculously good as well. Wish I had a Shadow of Veils to test that one out though.

Yeah, I'm going to unlock the perks on that HB and check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom