• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Yeah, it's more of a long term investment and probably not fair to say it's just for Destiny. I also had similar feelings back when we were both playing Battlefield 4 at PS4 launch.

I tried looking for Bundle deals but no luck (try to save money). Here is a forum with people with two PS4s and sub accounts.

http://community.us.playstation.com...estiny-on-sub-account-PS4/m-p/44481020#M82459
PS Forum said:
Activate a PS4 as primary with the account that purchased Destiny to allow other users access to your download content.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5059/

Login to the non-primary PS4 with the account that purchased Destiny to download and play both copies at once.

Thanks,
U--J

ethomaz

Banned
I don't know about sub accounts so definitely read up on that first. However, one digital copy is good for two PS4s.

If you leave your current PS4 as the "primary" console of your PSN account, anyone signing in on that console will have access to your digital library.

Your new PS4 can be a "secondary" console, where your digital library is only useable if opened from your account. You son uses his PSN ID on your primary PS4 and you use your own ID on your secondary PS4.

This way you both get to play together with the purchase of a single TTK code.
Exactly.

You just needs that both account to be master (so he needs to change his son sub account to master one) and all the content be digital.

;)

Honestly guys, it's not that bad. A couple of buddies and I did the Skolas fight yesterday in about 30 mins without wiping once. A few pages back me and Ikkarus pointed out some stuff to look out for.

It was the first time I tried the fight since they patched it and I found it very fun and tense, much better than with the burns.

Yeah, I'm going to unlock the perks on that HB and check it out.

I did it last week 2x and it was really awesome.

I'm just not looking foward to getting 1 shotted by captains that appear out of nowhere and dregs that melee you while you're dismantling mines.

Also, I have 17 spare Etheric Lights and all the guns that can drops from Skolas kinda suck, so what's the point? I'll just focus on Trials.

I tried looking for Bundle deals but no luck (try to save money). Here is a forum with people with two PS4s and sub accounts.

I'm going to keep an eye out for discounts. I probably won't be able to do all of this until September anyway (our family vacation takes budget precedence over a second PS4 :)).

PuMa

Honestly guys, it's not that bad. A couple of buddies and I did the Skolas fight yesterday in about 30 mins without wiping once. A few pages back me and Ikkarus pointed out some stuff to look out for.

It was the first time I tried the fight since they patched it and I found it very fun and tense, much better than with the burns.

I disagree. I liked it much better with burn (except arc) than lightswitch.

I noticed some of you talking about certain weeks and rewards. Can you fill me in? I picked up the game last month during the Sony sale and have a titan and warlock to 32...doesn't seem like I'm going past that time soon.

Garryk

That feeling when you jump in some water and die in a respawn restricted area ;__;

Giving this game another go with hopes that TTK will be really good. Pre-ordered the DG edition but got sidetracked when Driveclub came out so I only made it to level 13 with my hunter.

Is every mission pretty much deploy Dinklebot and kill 3-4 waves of enemies?

Kyoufu

I'm just not looking foward to getting 1 shotted by captains that appear out of nowhere and dregs that melee you while you're dismantling mines.

Also, I have 17 spare Etheric Lights and all the guns that can drops from Skolas kinda suck, so what's the point? I'll just focus on Trials.

Do good weapons from PoE even exist? I've sharded them all. ALL.

Kyne

I noticed some of you talking about certain weeks and rewards. Can you fill me in? I picked up the game last month during the Sony sale and have a titan and warlock to 32...doesn't seem like I'm going past that time soon.

You mean the upcoming vip rewards in The Taken King? After level 30 you're qualified. You're good.

Shito

I'm going to keep an eye out for discounts. I probably won't be able to do all of this until September anyway (our family vacation takes budget precedence over a second PS4 :)).
As someone who has been playing Destiny since the release and enjoying it so much because I could play with my girlfriend under the same roof and in the same room (yeah, she's a Sony-fan, we both have our own PS4 ^^), I can only encourage you with this plan. :)
Playing the game with a loved one erases A LOT of its flaws.

Ikkarus

There's not too many captains with each wave but yeah I get that Lightswitch can be an annoying trait with Skolas.

The bigger problem with Skolas at the moment is the fact the rewards aren't good enough for the investment in time and frustration. Plus the drop rate in elemental primaries is too low.

Do good weapons from PoE even exist? I've sharded them all. ALL.

The sniper is top notch.
The machine gun is an upgrade over Corrective measure.
As for primaries... I like the scout rifle because it fires fucking fast, but you might get a finger cramp after a while.

The only legit "top" weapon is the sniper tho.

As someone who has been playing Destiny since the release and enjoying it so much because I could play with my girlfriend under the same roof and in the same room (yeah, she's a Sony-fan, we both have our own PS4 ^^), I can only encourage you with this plan. :)
Playing the game with a loved one erases A LOT of its flaws.
why aren't you married yet?!?!...haha

phen0m24

See I might get my offspring an Xbone so he can play Halo 5, Destiny and I can play Tomb Raider etc. They are like $250 now!

Plus he can show Unstable and Korosenai how to play MP. I kid, I kid! :)

Kyne

Welcome to the master race of destiny!

There is only one master class.
uyztnHQ.gif

phen0m24

Hey if you guys and gals are looking for a discounted DS4, buy.Com is selling one for $48.99 or $38.99 with Visa Checkout and a coupon code VISAWEEK7

Disclaimer: it's blue

I like blue

Dave_6

Morning DGAF!

Thinking about taking a break from Arkham Knight tonight and trying to run three NFs. Hopefully there's someone left on here that hasn't done them yet!

HB is the complete opposite type.

Praedyth's is low impact, really high RoF with uber-low aim assistance.
HB is slower firing but harder hitting with a ton of AA.

Note: AA is not always a good thinned. Sometimes a character walking next to another will mess up your shots. Something like Praedyth's works great in 6v6 where you're more likely to have 2 adjacent enemies you can kill in quick succession. Firefly and the fire rate will make it ideal for such a scenario.

Her Benevolence fires a lot slower, so getting a 2 body shot kill is harder. Enemies will move away before you get the second shot in. It shines with pure power. With its AA, it's a weapon for calculated headshots. It can kill through a revive shield. It's what you want for 3v3.

If you like Praedyth's style snipers, look out for Eye of Sol from ToO.

That's why I was pumped to try my LGH, I thought all that AA and TA would make it awesome. I was disappointed. HB just has to click right, but we'll see.

Yeah, if you're one of those filthy EL millionaires there's not much point to doing Skolas. :p

I disagree. I liked it much better with burn (except arc) than lightswitch.

Even with solar? Captains were one-shot, as was Skolas. I hated solar as much as arc. Burning him down at the start with Horns and BH was not fun for me.

Even with lightswitch we have a fighting chance thanks to small arms. Just pull your best "Can't touch this!" impression and 365 VoC headshots.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Do you have House of Wolves? Do a 32 Prison of Elders on each and you'll get them both to 33 from the Armor Core.

PuMa

Even with solar? Captains were one-shot, as was Skolas. I hated solar as much as arc. Burning him down at the start with Horns and BH was not fun for me.

Even with lightswitch we have a fighting chance thanks to small arms. Just pull your best "Can't touch this!" impression and 365 VoC headshots.

Yeah, even with Solar. It was actually the easiest. You could take him down way before the mines would even spawn. Less than a minute...

ocean

Banned
The Prison of Elders and the Trials of Osiris have rewards that change every week. Tuesdays are when the game "resets" the weekly activities.

Things like Nightfall, a Raid, Prison of Elders at a specific level or Trials of Osiris will only give you rewards once per character per week. So for instance, Trials of Osiris has boots on sale this week (you can see it by inspecting Brother Vance in the Reef). On Tuesday, what will change.

This week's PoE chest piece is much more attractive than the last time he sold a chest piece. It has Intellect and a buff for Fallen PoE rooms (it helps a lot during Skolas).

bitsurugi

Played 6 hours crucible today. Won most matches, did all bounties on all 3 characters, mostly was top performer... yet i got 4 coins all together, 3 of those were guaranteed drops.
Meh :/

GRIP

Morning DGAF!

Thinking about taking a break from Arkham Knight tonight and trying to run three NFs. Hopefully there's someone left on here that hasn't done them yet!

I still have two more to do so send me an invite if you're still looking later on.

The Prison of Elders and the Trials of Osiris have rewards that change every week. Tuesdays are when the game "resets" the weekly activities.

Things like Nightfall, a Raid, Prison of Elders at a specific level or Trials of Osiris will only give you rewards once per character per week. So for instance, Trials of Osiris has boots on sale this week (you can see it by inspecting Brother Vance in the Reef). On Tuesday, what will change.

This week's PoE chest piece is much more attractive than the last time he sold a chest piece. It has Intellect and a buff for Fallen PoE rooms (it helps a lot during Skolas).

ohhhh...gotcha

so now it's up to matchmaking with friends for higher level gear

Planetary Materials, Bungie pls!

Back when the game launched, you could only get your Spinmetal, Relic Iron etc from chests on their respective planets and growing wild.
Weapons and armour used a lot at a time to upgrade, 8 or 16 per bubble.
So naturally, people were left to farm these materials to fill up those bubbles, and some complained.
On the flip side, If you had an abundance of these materials, like I did, Bungie had a system in place and the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters would let you exchange them in for respective reputation, I levelled up crucible to rank 3 without even playing more than 10 matches lol.

Then they changed the trade system so you could buy materials with marks.
Fair enough for those who didn't farm for materials or patrol much, sucked for many that had plenty to spare.

Now the HoW weapons use 15 total, just 15 mats and it's done.
Yet the game can't stop giving bundles of 20 at every opportunity.
Done a public event? here have 20 spirit bloom and 20 helium
The queen is pleased with your bounty completion, have 20 relic iron and 20 spin metal.

Unless you have lots of pre HoW weapons to upgrade and are way behind on getting/upgrading exotics (old exotics do still need 56 planetary mats total), then you'll be swimming in them.

We need a trade system again, or dismantling them gives something in return like the tokens for PoE rep.

I'm sat on:

1521 Spinmetal
1457 Helium
1159 Spirit Bloom
478 Relic Iron

I'm not going to discard any if I don't have to (space reasons), because I know the day after I do, Bungie will have an announcement about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom