• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3dude

Planetary Materials, Bungie pls!

We need a trade system again, or dismantling them gives something in return like the tokens for PoE rep.

I'm sat on:

1521 Spinmetal
1457 Helium
1159 Spirit Bloom
478 Relic Iron

I'm not going to discard any if I don't have to (space reasons), because I know the day after I do, Bungie will have an announcement about them.

I'd like to see a trade for weapon parts or something.

EDIT: TOP OF PAGE BALLERHORN

http://i.imgur.com/Awdfiml.gifv

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAKvSzl_rxs

There's not too many captains with each wave but yeah I get that Lightswitch can be an annoying trait with Skolas.

The bigger problem with Skolas at the moment is the fact the rewards aren't good enough for the investment in time and frustration. Plus the drop rate in elemental primaries is too low.

Yep, the rewards suck. They really need to address that, or it'll be dead soon.

Yeah, even with Solar. It was actually the easiest. You could take him down way before the mines would even spawn. Less than a minute...

I know, that's how I killed him the first time. But I hated doing that, it was the opposite of fun for me.

Now it demands constant coordination between fireteam members. It's tense and fun for me. But the suck ass rewards ruin it.

ocean

Banned
Found Verdict > Lightswitch
Small Arms > Found Verdict

one-tiny-hand-kim-jong-il.jpg

Back when the game launched, you could only get your Spinmetal, Relic Iron etc from chests on their respective planets and growing wild.
Weapons and armour used a lot at a time to upgrade, 8 or 16 per bubble.
So naturally, people were left to farm these materials to fill up those bubbles, and some complained.
On the flip side, If you had an abundance of these materials, like I did, Bungie had a system in place and the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters would let you exchange them in for respective reputation, I levelled up crucible to rank 3 without even playing more than 10 matches lol.

Then they changed the trade system so you could buy materials with marks.
Fair enough for those who didn't farm for materials or patrol much, sucked for many that had plenty to spare.

Now the HoW weapons use 15 total, just 15 mats and it's done.
Yet the game can't stop giving bundles of 20 at every opportunity.
Done a public event? here have 20 spirit bloom and 20 helium
The queen is pleased with your bounty completion, have 20 relic iron and 20 spin metal.

Unless you have lots of pre HoW weapons to upgrade and are way behind on getting/upgrading exotics (old exotics do still need 56 planetary mats total), then you'll be swimming in them.

We need a trade system again, or dismantling them gives something in return like the tokens for PoE rep.

I'm sat on:

1521 Spinmetal
1457 Helium
1159 Spirit Bloom
478 Relic Iron

I'm not going to discard any if I don't have to (space reasons), because I know the day after I do, Bungie will have an announcement about them.

I agree the planetary materials system is currently fubar. Instead of keeping 1 giant stack in the bank, I now have 1 stack of 200 of each material in each of my character's inventories. I'd rather have the vault space.

Of course, I don't spend any of it, and instead delete the little side stacks that pop up every other day or so.

I really want a reason to go back out into the wild for patrols besides the 1 bounty for the day to do 6 beacons.

Make the out in the world chests more rare but with better rewards or something. Kill two birds with one stone and start including weapon parts as chest rewards.

JonCha

Bought the HoW chest piece purely to get to 34. I don't think I can be bothered to grind a new vendor rep out to get armour which I'll then need to level and ascend, because it's not going to make that much of a difference anyway.

GhaleonEB

Back when the game launched, you could only get your Spinmetal, Relic Iron etc from chests on their respective planets and growing wild.
So naturally, people were left to farm these materials to fill up those bubbles, and some complained.
On the flip side, If you had an abundance of these materials, like I did, Bungie had a system in place and the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters would let you exchange them in for respective reputation, I levelled up crucible to rank 3 without even playing more than 10 matches lol.

Fair enough for those who didn't farm for materials or patrol much, sucked for many that had plenty to spare.

The queen is pleased with your bounty completion, have 20 relic iron and 20 spin metal.

Unless you have lots of pre HoW weapons to upgrade and are way behind on getting/upgrading exotics (old exotics do still need 56 planetary mats total), then you'll be swimming in them.

I'm sat on:

1521 Spinmetal
1457 Helium
1159 Spirit Bloom
478 Relic Iron

Yeah it's flipped in the opposite direction. I keep a stack of each on each character, and actually delete my overflow. I'm surprised they reduced the requirements given the abundance of mat sources.

Level 34 PoE anyone? I need dat etheric light.

I can't speak and thus would not be able to coordinate well enough for Skolas.

FyreWulff

Yeah it's flipped in the opposite direction. I keep a stack of each on each character, and actually delete my overflow. I'm surprised they reduced the requirements given the abundance of mat sources.

I have to give someone a ride right now. If you still have room when i get back i'll join up. will take a few mins

Their economy team really needs to be reviewed.

Almost every new economy/currency that gets introduced into destiny ends up having a horrible supply/demand situation after about 3 weeks. And then finally fixed after like 3 months.

Ascendant/Radiant materials are finally where they should be (though they almost really shouldn't exist at all at this point).

Commendations were a total flop.

Trials coins are being flooded to better players (even the Mercury treasure fix won't change this).

Token's of Flight/Identity/Judgement are going to be in abundence soon (but at least they have the dismantle for rep built in from the beginning).

Etheric light is starting to gather in stacks now that people have gotten settled into their level 34 gear and weapons. Which tells me that Bungie is going to have to scrap the item for TTK and replace it with a new upgrade component. Which also means Etheric light will probably go the route of commendations.

Spades

Sooo whilst you guys are talking about which class trumps which, I've only ever played as a Titan and want to start fresh with a Hunter or Warlock. Which?!

I'm sat on:

1521 Spinmetal
1457 Helium
1159 Spirit Bloom
478 Relic Iron

this reminds me of a very funny post many months ago about ones plight to farm planetary mats. something about "its a good thing this game doesnt have voice chat whiole on patrol because all youll hear are the moans and screams of hopeless guardians" or something like that. Does anyone remember this.

My god, I do not miss farming planet mats AT ALL

Interesting. I did Skolas for the second time yesterday (first time was with solar burn before the patch) and our team found it much more doable and far more enjoyable. Took us about 30 mins just for the Skolas fight but we didn't wipe once (which actually surprised us). We found this version really tense and fun. We just had to keep communicating.

Things to keep in mind from our experience:
- small arms does pretty good damage and takes down any unshielded add (basically non-captains) with 1 headhot, 365 VoC does wonders
- if a captain gets too close just run, unless you have 365 FV or another fast firing arc shotgun (and even then you might get killed before you drop him)
- keep moving around the arena, first go to the top left platform, once the adds are converging there go through the outside to the right platform and keep dropping adds until they converge there then go through the inside to the top left platform again (basically a circle around the arena)
- after breaking the bonds focus on dropping adds before focusing on Skolas, whenever adds spawn just forget Skolas
- when the mines show up just focus on surviving and dismantling them
- once Skolas starts poisoning try to keep together as much as possible and keep communicating position and timing, know in advance who is supposed to pick it up next and once it hits 10 seconds start preparing to pick it up
- after the second round of mines, just clean up the adds and Horn him to death (don't wast horn shots before, not worth it)
- take your time, don't rush

Even lightswitch (which is a pain) isn't as bad as solar or arc burn. And small arms is better than people give it credit for. Just make sure you have something like VoC or Fang at 365 and you'll do a ton of damage.

Thanks for this.

Kyoufu

Sooo whilst you guys are talking about which class trumps which, I've only ever played as a Titan and want to start fresh with a Hunter or Warlock. Which?!

Another Titan

Hunter for PVP, Warlock for PVE, I suppose? I mean, they're all good anyway.

this reminds me of a very funny post many months ago about ones plight to farm planetary mats. something about "its a good thing this game doesnt have voice chat whiole on patrol because all youll hear are the moans and screams of hopeless guardians" or something like that. Does anyone remember this.

My god, I do not miss farming planet mats AT ALL

I miss aspects of farming. Doing them in groups was fun back in the day, and then the random public even would be a nice surprise. There are just things about it that needs to be changed.

Chests should be less frequent and more valuable (put weapon parts in them).

Materials and chests should not respawn for like 30 minutes. This encourages players to explore into different zones They should also be client side so you don't have to worry about getting to a zone that is already picked clean.

amar212

So, few questions.

WHY:

- the yellow-bar enemies in some Strikes do not count towards Glimmer and/or Vanguard Bounties?

- the yellow-bar enemies in Prison of Elders do not count towards Glimmer and/or Vanguard Bounties?

- can't we have separate Shader Bunker or something? Like "Shader Shop" or whatever. Once you acquire particular shader, it is there forever for you to purchase whenever you like. Or something like that.

- the three spaces in Vault can't be unified and used as one wants?

- are we forever locked-out of previous weapons/gear we bought/acquired during pre-HoW times and then dismantled because there was no single clue they will be upgradeable ever?

- there is no option to dim HUD?

- are Trials of Osiris running only during the long weekend and not during the whole week (as Prison of Elders does)?

- is Destiny using that STUPID, STUPID, STUPID Demonware matchmaking system, that connects players in PvP primarily based on the particular BLES version of the game (as Call of Duty does since forever) and then based on ping? BLES-based matchmaking is utterly NONSENSE for 90% of PAL players, simply because there is enormous amount of PAL players that are having UK (English) version of the game - and PAL players are everywhere - from Northern to Southern Europe, Turkey, Middle East, Africa, all the way to Australia. And enormous percentage of them is using UK (BLES) version of the game - resulting with unplayable PvP in 80% of situations (pulling percentages out of my kidney). My country neighbours with Italy, Slovenia and Hungary. Austria, Germany, France and such are wiithing normal ping-reach, but we are NEVER connected to those players because all retailers and PSN is selling UK-BLES version of the game - resulting with Demonware matchmaking us with other UK-BLES owners. And that is HELL FOR EVERYONE. Why? Because actual UK residents and other that are using UK version of the game get match made from people in the other damn hemisphere. In the meantime, game normally puts regional players in the Tower. Who is crazy there?

Deku Tree

I'm sat on:

1521 Spinmetal
1457 Helium
1159 Spirit Bloom
478 Relic Iron

I'm swimming in planetary mats too because I used to do the daily 3x every day.

I'm sure Bungie doesn't want to implement a trade system because it would interfere with the "economies" in the game because you can essentially farm planetary mats forever if you want although it's booring as anything.

I would settle for an elimination of the 200 stacking cap. Make planetary mats not stack at all or stack to 1000 at least plz.

KyleP29

How is it that LFG people don't know the difference between "LFG" and "LFM" ?

Baffling.

Why worry about such details like that when you should be making sure they have maxed gjallerhorn, maxed weapons, must be 34, must be a titan/hunter/warlock hybrid capable of using all supers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How dare you all! Who do you think you are? Please show some respect for the greatest gun ever made every anywhere EVER. IB da GAWD.

And you. YOU. You made the list twice. That's 2 strikes.
Hey, I had 3 Icebreakers months before I got my first Horn. They were made for killing Oracles. lol

Also, Gah-yah-lar-horn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom