• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Red bull gives you ruin wings. When does this start? My friends pound red bull, I'll see if I can get some codes for people who don't have 7/11s

July 1st

*edit*

TAWP

tumblr_nq0pggzqzo1u4nzk9o1_500.gif

Lnkn52

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Guys. I plan to buy the Collector's edition of The Taken King. Will you hate me or do I have your blessing ? I really like all the extra physical stuff that comes with it.
lol. For the moment, that's my plan as well. So you have my blessing at least. Seem like some really clever goodies and I always, always prefer to have physical products for console games unless it's some enormous savings or something.

It's the digital CE that seems to be complete nonsense to me.
Right. He's got 2 girls. I've got 2 boys. Our oldest and his oldest are both close in age. Our 2nds will be the same age. And our wives are really good friends. It works out pretty well.
Great so begin the reverse psychology as early as possible I say. Tell them they are not to see each other and they'll simply never have your approval even if they say they're in love.

Xbone player here... I used to suck pretty badly... But Trials has made me a hell of a lot better of a player overall haha. Forced to play smarter. It's been a boon.

jfmBOjr.jpg

Been wondering how this power in particular is going to play out in PVP.

Does it actually trap other players? Groups of players?

From the Rift gameplay I've seen, it seems like only direct impact will kill someone and then it strings together nearby players, who will be moving really slow.
So, it seems to be more of a support super, as it also negates enemy supers.

Edit - Double beaten ^

Yup, it traps groups of players in the area of the shot. no jumping, nades or supers

Direct hit kills. nearby players (and the hunter himself) can be chained down from it.
Oh man, I can hear the gnashing of teeth already. Nobody likes to be restrained like that so you don't see these kinds of abilities much in PvP. I'd rather be insta-killed personally (the usual result of enemy supers pointed my way ;p).

This move'll be the armor lock of Destiny. Looks bad-ass tho.

Oh I see. Yeah not only I despise them also but that comes out too expensive with today's exchange rates. I haven't bought anything from the UK in very long time because of it. Our stores are usually slow with pre orders anyway. I'll be sure to drop you a PM if I see it anywhere up for pre order.

PS: Deck already tried to convince me yesterday with no avail ;p
No but seriously, in a couple of weeks when I won't feel guilty for playing videogames for hours at a time I'll eventually do it.

If I see it anywhere else I'll let you know too.

As for Skolas, no pressure. We'd just like to get through 1 with you too.

GAME would need to put many beautiful women in my bed first before I would even consider buying anything from them. POS retail company.

If game ever sent me a woman I'd be really wary, couldn't help but think she would probably maim or murder me. That would be the equivalent of their customer service.

Oh man, I can hear the gnashing of teeth already. Nobody likes to be restrained like that so you don't see these kinds of abilities much in PvP. I'd rather be insta-killed personally (the usual result of enemy supers pointed my way ;p).

Between that and the smoke bomb that turns your screen solid black... expect a lot of hate. The movement debuff seems to be just like Gulrot in that you can barely move forward/sideways but you can still jump normally (base jump, not special jump).

Keep in mind the people trapped can still shoot you. Iv already watched a vid where players killed a void Hunter while trapped.

Between that and the smoke bomb that turns your screen solid black... expect a lot of hate. The movement debuff seems to be just like Gulrot in that you can barely move forward/sideways but you can still jump normally (base jump, not special jump).
Seems like the Titan flashbang would already do that - just white instead of black. Love them flashbangs.

And again on that new Hunter super - I think that one tiny moment in the trailer of the Hunter soaring 30 feet in the air winding up her void bow shot must have sold a ton of pre-orders for TKK alone.

Keep in mind the people trapped can still shoot you. Iv already watched a vid where players killed a void Hunter while trapped.
That's a little better. Can you turn in place?

Seems like the Titan flashbang would already do that - just white instead of black. Love them flashbangs.

And again on that new Hunter super - I think that one tiny moment in the trailer of the Hunter soaring 30 feet in the air winding up her void bow shot must have sold a ton of pre-orders for TKK alone.

Yeah they were just moving slowly.

EL CUCO

I moved from 360 to PS3 and didn't notice MP any easier. Playing Cod/BF, competition felt the same.

I would imagine the same could be said for PS4/X1. Shame we'll never know for sure.

As a titan who has tried to use the flashbang in PvP. They don't do shit.

Smoke bombs can be stuck to walls for proxy detonation.

Eh, screw it. With tax and shipping the physical CE was almost $100. Can't justify that.

I saw your post about it being available and went to order it and then saw the final total and came to the same conclusion. I'll just pay the extra $20 for the in game CE stuff.

The vanilla CE box is sitting on my shelf untouched. I don't need another dust magnet.

Kyne

As a titan who has tried to use the flashbang in PvP. They don't do shit.

Smoke bombs can be stuck to walls for proxy detonation.

Flashbang is super useful in Trials while in tight corridors.

I'm more interested in seeing the result of using the new Hunter super on your own team.

ethomaz

Banned
If you didn't level it up, why even bother giving it a chance? The perks are what make up like 50% of the weapon.
If it doesn't fell good on my hand why I will level it up lol

BTW I don't remember losing an one-to-one to a messenger in Trials... or any other Pulse.

Seems to me that the new Hunter subclass is going to be almost useless in PvP. You're relying on your teammates to DPS, meanwhile the people are are slowed can still kill you. Unless I am missing something. Does it deal damage in addition to slowing you?

Seems to me that the new Hunter subclass is going to be almost useless in PvP. You're relying on your teammates to DPS, meanwhile the people are are slowed can still kill you. Unless I am missing something. Does it deal damage in addition to slowing you?

It outright kills the person you stick with it, and tethers surrounding targets, and I think does a small bit of damage as well?

But yeah if you miss your shot or don't follow up with a shotgun or a grenade, or don't have teammates nearby, you're not going to have a good time.

Seems very powerful... But under a particular set of circumstances.

JonCha

I'm not sure but I know there is the tether ability where the damage you deal to one opponent is inflicted on other's that you have latched on to.

LiK

Flashbang is super useful in Trials while in tight corridors.

I'm more interested in seeing the result of using the new Hunter super on your own team.

Some dude tried flashbangs on my team and still lost. Didn't really rush us after flashing us. Guess they weren't confident of his nade abilities. The flash also wears off pretty quickly so not useful at all.

If it doesn't fell good on my hand why I will level it up lol

BTW I don't remember losing an one-to-one to a messenger in Trials... or any other Pulse.

1) It needs the perfect stability upgrade for it to "feel" right.

2) So what? You only play with weapons that every else is using?

Some dude tried flashbangs on my team and still lost. Didn't really rush us after flashing us. Guess they weren't confident of his nade abilities. The flash also wears off pretty quickly so not useful at all.

The flash duration lasts depeding on the proximity to the detonation. It can last for 2 seconds max. usually less than a second

Axoman

It does equate to the odds of better players being on a system.

If one system has 100 players and another has 1000, there is more likely to be better players in the pool of 1000.

I think it comes from Xbox having the "shooter box" reputation. The COD/HALO crowd was more on 360 and while many migrated to PS4, I still think the pool of players on XB1 have greater FPS experience compared to PS4 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom