• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
July 1st

*edit*

TAWP

tumblr_nq0pggzqzo1u4nzk9o1_500.gif

I would like to know if that hunter will survive the fall to the floor in that gif....

what perks am I looking for on a machine gun or RL. specifcally for crucible.
SInce I am not very good and I plan on getting better I need a decent heavy.
I got a dreamwalker with tripod and grenidier
I got the crucible dropped MG (dont rememeber the name)

what SHould I shoot for here?

Baliis

It outright kills the person you stick with it, and tethers surrounding targets, and I think does a small bit of damage as well?

But yeah if you miss your shot or don't follow up with a shotgun or a grenade, or don't have teammates nearby, you're not going to have a good time.

Seems very powerful... But under a particular set of circumstances.

Didn't they say it also canceled out other peoples supers if they got caught? Still situational, but it'll have its uses.

Frenden

Banned
No. I play weapons I like.

My issue with Messenger was not stability but I will try again.

Messenger has pretty low equip/handling. Both Hopscotch and Spare Change are faster. If you didn't like the feel, that may be why.

I'm about to grind strikes for a third Hopscotch if anyone wants to join on PSN FRENDEN in about ten/fifteen minutes.

GhaleonEB

The level 34 run was fun, but good lord is dismantling mines during the Hive round with freaking arc burn active was brutal. We had far and away the most wipes there. None at the boss fortunately, though we had a zillion close calls.

I think this etheric light will get my Titan to 34, which means I can run it again later this week. Woo.

JonCha

I'd like to do try and do Trials if anyone is around and try and get to the five wins, though I'm pretty average so I'm not sure if that's possible.

th3dude

I saw your post about it being available and went to order it and then saw the final total and came to the same conclusion. I'll just pay the extra $20 for the in game CE stuff.

The vanilla CE box is sitting on my shelf untouched. I don't need another dust magnet.

You and I are very similar.

I thought "I love physical CEs!" then thought about my current CE just sitting in a closed drawer.

Saved some cash and will just get the $40 DLC and maybe the extras if I feel like it.

Something I don't understand at all is why Bungie doesn't reward us equally through different modes. What I mean by this is why don't we get XP in the Raids and Prison of Elders? Why can't we use Ether Seeds and the like in these places? (For some reason the gatekeepers part works but not the first part of the VoG?)

Maybe Bungie knows these top tier events are going to get played no matter what. If we get XP and glimmer from them we won't have any reason to spend our time elsewhere to get glimmer and XP.

So instead of letting us use Ether Seeds etc in PoE, Bungie would rather us farm glimmer in Exclusion Zone to pad out the playtime.

And to top it all off, kills in PoE don't add to Grimoire kills.

Ganhyun

Question for the Mythocast folk, and those who may be able to answer this.

I want to be able to auto download and listen to the podcast via my Android phone. I tried entering the weblink in the first app I tried (podcast addict), but it just errors out.

Anyone setup this to download to their android phone for listening at work and such?

Edit: Next app in line let me do it incredibly easy.

Something I don't understand at all is why Bungie doesn't reward us equally through different modes. What I mean by this is why don't we get XP in the Raids and Prison of Elders? Why can't we use Ether Seeds and the like in these places? (For some reason the gatekeepers part works but not the first part of the VoG?)

Maybe Bungie knows these top tier events are going to get played no matter what. If we get XP and glimmer from them we won't have any reason to spend our time elsewhere to get glimmer and XP.

So instead of letting us use Ether Seeds etc in PoE, Bungie would rather us farm glimmer in Exclusion Zone to pad out the playtime.

And to top it all off, kills in PoE don't add to Grimoire kills.

I think the last part of Crota ends can counts towards killing X enemies in the moon.

Still I prefer this economy rather than trading or actionhouses that would leave us to exhorbit amounts of glimmer for one weapon or materials

Shito

The level 34 run was fun, but good lord is dismantling mines during the Hive round with freaking arc burn active was brutal. We had far and away the most wipes there. None at the boss fortunately, though we had a zillion close calls.

I think this etheric light will get my Titan to 34, which means I can run it again later this week. Woo.
Yup, hardest round in all of PoE. Depending on the team and its players' gear, it can range from pure fun to hair-pulling frustrating...
I love the boss that comes just after it, though, I actually like that jump-jump! mechanic... :)

XenoRaven

Question for the Mythocast folk, and those who may be able to answer this.

I want to be able to auto download and listen to the podcast via my Android phone. I tried entering the weblink in the first app I tried (podcast addict), but it just errors out.

Anyone setup this to download to their android phone for listening at work and such?

Edit: Next app in line let me do it incredibly easy.
I was just going to say try AntennaPod but looks like you resolved it on your own.

phen0m24

what perks am I looking for on a machine gun or RL. specifcally for crucible.
SInce I am not very good and I plan on getting better I need a decent heavy.
I got a dreamwalker with tripod and grenidier
I got the crucible dropped MG (dont rememeber the name)

what SHould I shoot for here?
Rob there is a reddit page with the perk tiers but I know the BTRD MG is top notch and the Ash Factory (RL) is also.

Ash Factory look for tripod, javelin and Grenades and horseshoes.

I can't remember the BTRD off the top of my head

FyreWulff

Knights were one-shot-kills, and often they'd rush us the same time as a wizard. Brutal.

Rob there is a reddit page with the perk tiers but I know the BTRD MG is top notch and the Ash Factory (RL) is also.

oh noes, your sending me to reddit in the heat of
coingate
redbuill gate
gategategategategate

Thanks man, ill take a look

Also, this week Brother Vance will sell the Tomorrow's Answer RL. Got lucky with this drop in the first week and it hasn't failed me yet. It has the same perks as you mentioned for the Ash Factory.

Am I missing something with these extra tokens of flight etc, I thought I read that they updated it so we can now dismantle the extra ones for reputation? All I get is the option to discard.

phen0m24

Do you have a good one you like for Scout and/or Handcannons?
Rene I gave him a reroll guide for pvp.

There may be a similar one for those just Google reddit perk tiers hand cannon

Maybe?

I use

The Messenger/The Last Word
Longbow/Matador
Ash Factory/BTRD

In pvp. Not that that means much. I'm not very good.
Even with great perk rolls lol

OkayRene

Rene I gave him a reroll guide for pvp.

There may be a similar one for those just Google reddit perk tiers hand cannon

Maybe?

I use

The Messenger/The Last Word
Longbow/Matador
Ash Factory/BTRD

In pvp. Not that that means much. I'm not very good.
Even with great perk rolls lol

Cool thanks. 👍

I feel like re-rolling perks has ruined this game to some extent.

I don't disagree. I feel like weapons should have always had static perks to them.

It's part of what makes certain legendaries special. I think part of the reason I enjoy my messenger is because it came as is.

Sure I rerolled for my matador 40ish times for my perfect roll, but I don't take pride in that. I feel like that was more a reward for my time, instead of my skill.

I'd much rather rerollable armor perks than weapons.

phen0m24

Also, this week Brother Vance will sell the Tomorrow's Answer RL. Got lucky with this drop in the first week and it hasn't failed me yet. It has the same perks as you mentioned for the Ash Factory.

True but
that requires 8 wins
I don't know if it has max velocity/blast radius though

Again, not that either helps me hahaha

Deku Tree

Do you have a good one you like for Scout and/or Handcannons?

Scouts in PvP: Use Fang or Ir Yut

Handcannons in PvP: Use Thorn, The Last Word, or Hawkmoon.

If you want to use a legendary Handcanon in PvP: Try to get a Red Hand and the PvP God Roll is as follows:

Quickdraw (or whatever IM))
Final Round
Extended Mag or Braced Frame (to spam Luck in the Chamber) (or whatever IMO)
Luck in the Chamber

(Its a baby Hawkmoon.)

EDIT:

Don't know if anyone saw this yet but Luke confirmed that FoAF and the 347 are not in HoW.
Kinda figured that, but at least it's been said now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZnbqVeWb2Y#t=9m21s

That was confirmed by Mod's on Bungie's forums weeks ago as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom