• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude... hunters are OP in PvP... ranged melee with an insta-refill perk? Come on.

KEMyFQ6.gif

Meanwhile my titan is just punching air ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ocean

Banned
It does equate to the odds of better players being on a system.

If one system has 100 players and another has 1000, there is more likely to be better players in the pool of 1000.
You're assuming perfectly random pools of different sizes with equal skill distribution. Don't see why.

The Dominican Republic has 10 million people. Germany has 80 million. I can guarantee there are far more professional baseball players in the DR than in Germany, just like Germany has more football players (which is a sport we don't play at all in the DR).

I don't know that this is the case but it's perfectly possible that the Xbox player base is more skilled at competitive FPS. Mind you, I'm not saying that it actually is, just that it's not statistically suggested that a bigger player base is any better or worse.

Deku Tree

Just because among the top 100 players in terms of DEstiny Tracker true skill rankings that 70 or 80 of them play on Xbox (or whatever the exact numbers are) that says absolutely nothing about how stiff the completion may or may not be for the average player going into random matchmaking on either system.

Discarding them will give you rep.
I agree the wording is not ideal... ^^

Oh right. Thanks. Yeah not exactly clear.

So many weapons to level up, so little weapon parts and etheric light. Wish I was better at pvp, sucks only getting 1 light per week. 2 if the nightfall gives me one.

EL CUCO

Just because among the top 100 players in terms of DEstiny Tracker true skill rankings that 70 or 80 of them play on Xbox (or whatever the exact numbers are) that says absolutely nothing about how stiff the completion may or may not be for the average player going into random matchmaking on either system.
Truth.

PuMa

Making some sense right there...

zewone

I feel like re-rolling perks has ruined this game to some extent.

It has.

It's made the meta-game very homogenized.

Everything is shotgun with shot package, rockets with grenades and horseshoes.

Nothing is special anymore.

Also decreases the amount of time you will grind because once you get one drop you'll just re-roll it rather than continue looking for that weapon with the perks you want.

Don't know if anyone saw this yet but Luke confirmed that FoAF and the 347 are not in HoW.
Kinda figured that, but at least it's been said now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZnbqVeWb2Y#t=9m21s

well I can stop looking now. so really just the 3 POE ones?
the last expansion had 2 as well, but I figured with the new activities there would be more
Guess there are no weapons that xur will sell that I will want.
Still need, manacles, ram, stupid looking titan helm, c nighthawk, and both boots. sheesh, there are alot of HoW exoitcs I still need.

Luke Smith says The Last Word TTK is too fast at around 4:35 on that video.

yet nothing about thorn. I dont mind TLW, becuase If i get killed by it in crucible I know the person who used it is good. Thorn on the other hand. Well if you cant beat em, join em. Thats what I am doing now. If bungie sees someone as bad as I am getting a positive k/d ratio they no its time for a nerf.

Your welcome everyone

well I can stop looking now. so really just the 3 POE ones?
the last expansion had 2 as well, but I figured with the new activities there would be more
Guess there are no weapons that xur will sell that I will want.
Still need, manacles, ram, stupid looking titan helm, c nighthawk, and both boots. sheesh, there are alot of HoW exoitcs I still need.

Dark Below had 4 exotic weapons (3 on Xbox)

No Land Beyond
Dragon's Breath
Fourth Horsemen
Nechrochasm

It has.

It's made the meta-game very homogenized.

Everything is shotgun with shot package, rockets with grenades and horseshoes.

Nothing is special anymore.

Also decreases the amount of time you will grind because once you get one drop you'll just re-roll it rather than continue looking for that weapon with the perks you want.
Put I want I was thinking into words.

Guess you could say PvP kinda is balanced somewhat now? Everyone running around with the same thing.

But it ruined what made Destiny, Destiny.

GhaleonEB

Knights were one-shot-kills, and often they'd rush us the same time as a wizard. Brutal.

I was using an arc rocket launcher that had tracking and three in the tube, so I could clear a full pack of wizards and knights with two shots. The problem was I often didn't live long enough to fire that second shot. They turn around and that be that. I wised up and shifted position for the second rocket in the last couple tries, which saved a wipe later on.

It walked that frustrating / fun line very closely. The sheer absurdity of it kept it fun, though.

There should not be a burn on mine dismantling rounds. For destroying mines, sure. Go for it, we still have to put ourselves out there a bit. But forcing players to be near stationary while one-hit kills rain down is not good design.

Totally fucking agree.

Every time someone asks me if something is good or not, I don't even know how to respond because everything is so same-y with the right rolls.

I wish Bungie would focus on giving less, but more unique loot, rather than the heaps of interchangeable guns I can currently collect.

Luke Smith says The Last Word TTK is too fast at around 4:35 on that video.
That gun single-handedly changed my fortunes in PvP. A true night and day difference.

Where before I had to get the jump on somebody and have a strong advantage to exploit to get even a single kill, now just about anything I point at dies regardless, even if I'm the one caught at a disadvantage. Perked out for stability you can plug enough shots to drop somebody super super quick.

This game's PvP has never felt anywhere near balanced to me though.

Its made a friend of mine a bit annoying - he examines my gear and always, always tells me I should re-roll my new stuff. Every time.

Deku Tree

yet nothing about thorn. I dont mind TLW, becuase If i get killed by it in crucible I know the person who used it is good. Thorn on the other hand. Well if you cant beat em, join em. Thats what I am doing now. If bungie sees someone as bad as I am getting a positive k/d ratio they no its time for a nerf.

Your welcome everyone

Actually Luke was commenting on the whole "rise of the exotic hand canon in PvP" thing and the basic premise of the discussion was "we are continuing to update destiny but no comment at this time".

Just remove the 111 from TLW and it would be fine.

How does that affect TTK compared to non-glitch? Isn't the regular something like 86, so three head shots is well over the 200 or so needed for a kill. Does that 111 let you get one body and two head shots when it shouldn't?

IF so, is that any different than Thorn being a two head shot kill?

Now that I think about it, considering they said they don't want you married to a weapon the whole time, they sure haven't given us any useful exotics since vanilla. TDB weapons flat out suck, and How exotics are fun but not great.

LiK

Now that I think about it, considering they said they don't want you married to a weapon the whole time, they sure haven't given us any useful exotics since vanilla. TDB weapons flat out suck, and How exotics are fun but not great.

It feels like most of the new weapons and exotics are shot compared to the base game. If they want people to move on then make better weapons. VoG weapons > both CE and PoE

Ganhyun

So, based on the Destiny Facebook and some other things here and reddit, looks like the you can buy those emotes and emblems for $20 is blowing up in Bungie's face as well.

My stance hasn't really changed on it. I don't plan to buy the next expansion until after its out and reviewed and I can see if its worth $40 to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom