• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

Hand Cannons are going to get nerfed, no question. Just a matter of when.

Auto rifles wil reign supreme once more....

It feels like most of the new weapons and exotics are shot compared to the base game. If they want people to move on then make better weapons. VoG weapons > both CE and PoE

Yeah the PoE weapons are garbage wasting a whole perk on shank burn and whatnot when that should be an added bonus like oracle disruptor. Everyone still uses fatebringer and VoC because they're great. It's almost like they're afraid to make a good weapon again for fear of having to nerf it.

th3dude

Whats the fastest way to level up a new character, in stuck because im only level 9 but have beaten the moon already

I leveled up my Titan almost exclusively in Crucible, because I prefer PvP.

Make sure to grab all of the bounties every day.

I also picked off a few of the tolerable Vanguard bounties every day too.

Yeah the PoE weapons are garbage wasting a whole perk on shank burn and whatnot when that should be an added bonus like oracle disruptor. Everyone still uses fatebringer and VoC because they're great. It's almost like they're afraid to make a good weapon again for fear of having to nerf it.
DING DING we have a winner

How does that affect TTK compared to non-glitch? Isn't the regular something like 86, so three head shots is well over the 200 or so needed for a kill. Does that 111 let you get one body and two head shots when it shouldn't?

IF so, is that any different than Thorn being a two head shot kill?

The 111 makes it a two shot kill, similar to Thorn (which is also too strong). Another thing they could do is just remove Aggressive Ballistics from it. This would make it so you need an additional shot to kill.

The only thing Bungie need to do for PVP is fix auto rifles.

Thorn and Last Word are both beatable. The TTK isn't the only stat to look at.

Red Death, Spare Change and Stranger's Rifle are amazing weapons for the Crucible because of the range, stability and damage they offer. I have been having a decent amount of success with the MIDA, although scout rifles have a disadvantage on many maps.

I am not saying that exotic handcannon shouldn't have a slight range nerf but they really aren't the dominant force (in terms of viability) that everyone makes them out to be.

Just because everyone uses the weapon shouldn't automatically make nerfing a necessity.

Luke Smith says The Last Word TTK is too fast at around 4:35 on that video.

It's interesting that when asked about weapon balance, Luke's answer is that balance across all weapon types isn't their goal. It seems that they want different types to shine at different times.

Not sure I like this.

Deku Tree

So far only the Trials weapons are comparable to some of the better weapons in the base game.

I like Scout Rifles in PvE the most.

For Scout Rifles Fang of Ir Yut has the exact same stats as VoC and Fang has much better perks IMO. One is Arc and the other is Solar so I use both depending upon the burn.

Also the ToO scout rifle is high impact low rate of fire, and the PoE scout rifle is lower impact and faster rate of fire. I personally like both of them, they are both extremely good in PvE. But neither is quite at the same level as Fang or VoC.

IMO the only people who prefer VoC over Fang are people who would rather be using an Auto Rifle.

Daemul

It's interesting that when asked about weapon balance, Luke's answer is that balance across all weapon types isn't their goal. It seems that they want different types to shine at different times.

Not sure I like this.

Yeah I heard that, it's a terrible idea. Dafuq are Bungie thinking.

I was using an arc rocket launcher that had tracking and three in the tube, so I could clear a full pack of wizards and knights with two shots. The problem was I often didn't live long enough to fire that second shot. They turn around and that be that. I wised up and shifted position for the second rocket in the last couple tries, which saved a wipe later on.

It walked that frustrating / fun line very closely. The sheer absurdity of it kept it fun, though.

There should not be a burn on mine dismantling rounds. For destroying mines, sure. Go for it, we still have to put ourselves out there a bit. But forcing players to be near stationary while one-hit kills rain down is not good design.
Were you wearing the PoE armor? Most of it seems to have perks that directly increase your longevity for the Hive rounds. Arc burn may completely nullify it though; I've yet to play a 34 this week.

LTWood12

For Scout Rifles Fang of Ir Yut has the exact same stats as VoC and Fang has much better perks IMO. One is Arc and the other is Solar so I use both depending upon the burn.

Also the ToO scout rifle is high impact low rate of fire, and the PoE scout rifle is lower impact and faster rate of fire. I personally like both of them, they are both extremely good in PvE. But neither is quite at the same level as Fang or VoC.

IMO the only people who prefer VoC over Fang are people who would rather be using an Auto Rifle.

I am firmly in the Fang of Ir Yut Camp.

OkayRene

The light ring on the Plate of the Exile is so cool. Makes me even more sad I wasn't able to get it last week.

Image%202015-06-25%20at%203.38.31%20PM.png

Were you wearing the PoE armor? Most of it seems to have perks that directly increase your longevity for the Hive rounds. Arc burn may completely nullify it though; I've yet to play a 34 this week.
Arc burn + wizards + standing around dismantling mines = instant death

Use stealth or bubble.

PuMa

I like Gheleon's better than both of em. If only it had an element...

The game needs to change though. Gjallarhorn and all these hand cannons can't rule forever.

I pretty much just use the following now.
FB, VOC, BH, FV, and Horn never leaves the heavy slot. Ive experimented with other ones but this is pretty much all I use now. Its boring

and this is my main gripe with HoW. nothing is exciting anymore, nothing that makes me hunt for gorgan CP or that sweet HM crota kill every week. everything odl is new again and there is no incentive to hunt for the gear. people were 34 on day freakin one!
here is a list of things we asked for
- give me updated versions of my VOG weopons.
- let me re-roll all my guns like in iron banner
- ascendant and radiant materials suck, get rid of them
- make RNG stop being so RNG
- make the crucible rewards better

they fixed all these "issues" and here are the results

- New loot isnt exciting becuase I can just make more powerful versions of my old ones. Boring. I should, have grinded to kill Skolas a million times by now. But I cant be bothered becuase I dont care for the rewards. No vex, no crux. Just some burn guns that are weaker than the ones I just ascended.
- every legendary you get now can be OP, so the hunt for that sweet roll is out the window. Also no need to buy any vendor weopons really. becuase its raining legendaies everywhere you go. I got max marks and nadda to spend them on.
- I havnt cashed in a single ass or rad mat yet becuase I havnt run out of glimmer (even after spending 17k glimmer on that queen ship. I also have a healthy stock pile of motes becuase theya re also being handed out like candy. Also makes leveling up your legendies trivial. do a few bounties and done
- having a STORE where I buy my max level gear is also boring. RNG is more generous then ever and I never feel like what I get is special. I run a PoE and get an armor core and then buy a predertined armor peice with it. where is the excitment of seeing the drop show up on your screen. I even miss the frustration of not getting taht peice I need. I cant FEEL anything anymore. Im numb
- Crucible rewards share the same problem with other actvites now. spitting out legendaries like its going out of style.

Deku Tree

I like Gheleon's better than both of em. If only it had an element...

If you can get to Mercury and you get lucky, then the ToO Scout Rifle "The Scholar" is basically "Gheleon's with an element" in terms of base stats. The perks are pretty good too. It has a small mag but the fast reload perks mean that you usually don't notice it. I felt pretty lucky to get a Void Scholar.

PuMa

If you can get to Mercury and you get lucky, then the ToO Scout Rifle "The Scholar" is basically "Gheleon's with an element" in terms of base stats. The perks are pretty good too. It has a small mag but the fast reload perks mean that you usually don't notice it. I felt pretty lucky to get a Void Scholar.

Yeah, I got a Solar one. It feels very similar. Smaller clip size though. And no firefly... :-(

I got a scout rifle, think it was Symbonese or something, with a 14 round mag or so.

But...

It has explosive rounds, Auto fire and super fast reload on empty mag. Sure it has Firefly too although i may be mistaken.

SO.
MUCH.
FUN.

Plus i kinda deleted my Gheleons Demise by accident :(

I was using the Fang last night when we did Skolas and it worked pretty good. Good alternative if you're like me and have no Fatebringer.

You know how the Vex control time? Wouldn't be cool to have a mission where your sent back in time using vex tech or something. And you're able to witness the Battle of Twilight Gap, the Moon invasion battle, and see the collapse.

PuMa

You know how the Vex control time? Wouldn't be cool to have a mission where your sent back in time using vex tech or something. And you're able to witness the Battle of Twilight Gap, the Moon invasion battle, and see the collapse.

And the Mythoclast is the key that gets you there!

"...a causal loop within the weapon's mechanism, suggesting that the firing process somehow binds space and time into..."

SonComet

Luke Smith says The Last Word TTK is too fast at around 4:35 on that video.
It's for sure going to get nerfed into the ground since it's my favorite primary in PVP now. I used to love the Suros and that was destroyed. The Vex was re-nerfed in 1.2.0.1 when they reapplied that fusion rifle spread change. And now my last resort is on their radar. Sigh. I need to grind out that thorn bounty, but I prefer to have fun when I play.

ocean

Banned
So far only the Trials weapons are comparable to some of the better weapons in the base game.
Nah, HoW in general has the best PvP weapons in the game.

Hopscotch Pilgrim can be re rolled into the best pulse rifle in the game.
Her Benevolence can be rolled into the best 3v3 sniper in the game.
6v6 sniper is a toss up between Eye of Sol and LGH (better stability)
BTRD is the best machine gun
Ash Factory, with the right roll, is the best Rocket Launcher
We can now roll auto fire on scouts, meaning we can get VoC replacements without the element. Not that they'll be better, but VoC is no longer really special
Auto rifles suck in general but The Summoner and Wolfslayer's Claw have amazing stats and perks. If we were in the AR heyday they'd be monsters.
Hand Cannons are a weapon type where nothing has changed. I mean a lucky Devil You Know drop with good rolls back in the day is no better or worse than a well rolled Red Hand IX today, except you can actually aim for it now instead of waiting on a lucky faction level up.
Shotguns: Matador 64 is the impact/range God tier, and can be rolled for perfection

Fatebringer remains the only HC with Firefly, allowing it to kill large mobs with one bullet. Black Hammer is one of only 2 snipers in the game at 37 impact (Iron Banner one is the second), and that White Nail perk makes it truly special. Found Verdict keeps an amazing and unbeatable balance for PvE across all stats - impact, RoF, stability, range and reload.

Honestly, other than these...there is no weapon in vanilla better than the current alternatives.

Exotics are another subject but to be fair the game launched with 20 Exotic weapons and we've only had 7 since then. The overwhelming majority of the Exotics are vanilla so it's easy to just think they're better but there's a lot of trash there too.

Like really, Super Good Advice is Dreg's Promise tier. Hard Light and Monte Carlo are no better than Lord of Wolves. And so on.

Whats the fastest way to level up a new character, in stuck because im only level 9 but have beaten the moon already
Pick up and do as many bounties as possible. Also you can try crucible PvP but it will be rough in the beginning with only blue weapons, you still earn XP even with a loss though and I think every kill is 60XP[?].

Meh. I never cared for the Cavern of Time stuff in WoW. Can't imagine it done in a way that would actually feel right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom