• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I feel like I need to pop Far Cry in and hunt some Tapir. Glad we had servers down the past couple days for maintenance.

EDIT: top of the page
vMn3g5.gif

I doubt they'd even do that. I see them doing a slight rate of fire decrease on the gun. For Thorn, coming from a Thorn user myself, that thing needs a range decrease mainly. Hawkmoon, who cares, half the user base can't use the thing, so whatever.

Like I said. Worst case.

They haven't tackled exotic balancing since the patch right before Dark Below, I think.

Ever since then it's been general weapon class balancing. So odds are whatever they do to Thorn, they're doing the same thing to TLW and Hawkmoon.

Fuck, that's like my 3rd double post today. Sorry.

had a really weird experience last night.
I was running the devils lair for a quick "complete a strike without dying" bounty. I also had the 30 mele kills without dying as well
right at the end of the 1st part my screen goes black and says trying to connect to destiny. after about 60 seconds I load back in the same spot.
I checked my bounties and the mele kills bouty still says "22 out of 30"/ I guess that didnt count as a death so I truck along and make it to the devil walker.
I grab by black hammer, take my perch for a quick kill. My screen goes black again and I lose connection.
just to be reloaded into the same spot as before. I truck it back to the devil walker. My fireteam is still here, still fireing at the devil walker. So I take out hammer again and start fireing. Only this time every hit on the legs say IMMUNE like the neck is out. but its not. I get up closer and start firing. still says immune. I ended up just doing HC shots to the head for like 75 points of damage each shot becuase it was only place you could hit him. It took about 15 minutes before he fell.

In retrospect, it would have been eqasier and faster just to bounce out and reload into the strike. but my random fireteam was still there, And I couldnt let them down!

I'm thinking of doing Skolas for the first time this weekend.

My main is a Warlock, and I've been thinking for awhile that being a sunsinger is a bit of a crutch. Is there any opinion about being a voidwalker in 35 POE? My thought is that it might be more beneficial to my team to be creating orbs throughout the whole thing instead of holding onto that revive for cases where we'd probably just wipe anyway. Also, I want to start playing more aggressively.

My main is a Warlock, and I've been thinking for awhile that being a sunsinger is a bit of a crutch. Is there any opinion about being a voidwalker in 35 POE? My thought is that it might be more beneficial to my team to be creating orbs throughout the whole thing instead of holding onto that revive for cases where we'd probably just wipe anyway. Also, I want to start playing more aggressively.

I don't like pigeon-holing a specific class type, but a Sunsinger is super useful for Skolas.

Mainly because if they get the debuff during mines, they can just eat it (let themselves die by it), and then self rez. Which means no worrying about passing around the debuff for another 50 seconds. Sometimes that's what is needed during a mine phase. Sometimes it isn't.

I'm not saying it can't be done without. I wouldn't even ask a warlock to switch. I'm just saying it would certainly be easier in specific aspects.

Most bosses can be melted with gjally if you have one, but at 28 they aren't bad. I actually prefer boss rounds to the 3 waves sometimes because they can go much quicker.

Unfortunately you don't get shit from doing 28s. 32s will net you an armor core, 34 will get you etheric light and a weapon core and 35 all 3. Even still, most won't disagree with you on whether they are "worth it" or not. Some find them useful for etheric but I have like 40 now so there's not much point. 34s and 35s can drop elder ciphers (exotic bounties - the only place you can get HoW exotic weapons) but they aren't great either. 35 can drop elemental primaries but raid weapons outclass them all.

So yeah. u rite.

holy shit I did not know that. Bungie is SO BAD at communication.

edit: Is Bungie being DDoS'd right now?

PuMa

Don't worry about Hand Cannons guys, WishYouLuck is going to influence PvP players to switch over to Pulse Rifles (just said it on stream): Weapon of choice, the Red Death.

That would be awesome. I can beat a pulse rifle head-to-head every time.

ocean

Banned
had a really weird experience last night.
I was running the devils lair for a quick "complete a strike without dying" bounty. I also had the 30 mele kills without dying as well
right at the end of the 1st part my screen goes black and says trying to connect to destiny. after about 60 seconds I load back in the same spot.
I checked my bounties and the mele kills bouty still says "22 out of 30"/ I guess that didnt count as a death so I truck along and make it to the devil walker.
I grab by black hammer, take my perch for a quick kill. My screen goes black again and I lose connection.
just to be reloaded into the same spot as before. I truck it back to the devil walker. My fireteam is still here, still fireing at the devil walker. So I take out hammer again and start fireing. Only this time every hit on the legs say IMMUNE like the neck is out. but its not. I get up closer and start firing. still says immune. I ended up just doing HC shots to the head for like 75 points of damage each shot becuase it was only place you could hit him. It took about 15 minutes before he fell.

In retrospect, it would have been eqasier and faster just to bounce out and reload into the strike. but my random fireteam was still there, And I couldnt let them down!
When randoms don't stand back and snipe but rather rush off to their deaths to fight the spider head on is when I MOST wish this game had proximity chat by default. I'm all

dont-go.gif

Dunlop

Was hoping for a quick CE HM run as I was supposed to have the boss checkpoint, went on my character that ran last night and it reset ; (

LiK

Yeah my Hawkmoon/Thorn can only be outgunned by other Hawkmoons/Thorns and of course, the best weapon class in the game: Shotguns.

My Messenger can outgun Thorns all day long in normal PVP and Trials now. I don't even fear them anymore. Hawkmoons still outgun me in 1v1.

ocean

Banned

If you wanna make orbs, Sunsinger is the best class. While Radiance is active, everything's you kill is an orb, no matter how you kill it. Radiance + Gjally shot at a mob = orb shower. As for saving it? No need really. PoE 35 is pretty easy. The only encounter where you wanna hold on to self rez is Skolas himself. It can get you out of tricky debuff situations.

Wait what? How do you mean?
It doesn't work properly on the ps4 either

9/10 times you have to use the ps4 party chat
I have never seen it not work on Xbox 360, PS3, or PS4 the way it doesn't work on Xbox One. It literally just stops working. I can toggle to game chat or leave my party altogether and no icon appears when I speak and no options for toggling between fireteam and strike or team chat are available. It's like game voice chat abilities vanish on Xbox One.

ocean

Banned
My Messenger can outgun Thorns all day long in normal PVP and Trials now. I don't even fear them anymore. Hawkmoons still outgun me in 1v1.
But a Thorn is a guaranteed 2 headshot kill, whereas Hawkmoon only sometimes is. Thorn also fires more quickly to boot. I do a lot better with Hawkmoon because of the sights and more predictable recoil but Thorn, used right, is just broken.

LiK

Messenger can't outgun my TLW.

5V83c4OVqmi5O.gif

Custom match with me whenever that's available!

But a Thorn is a guaranteed 2 headshot kill, whereas Hawkmoon only sometimes is. Thorn also fires more quickly to boot. I do a lot better with Hawkmoon because of the sights and more predictable recoil but Thorn, used right, is just broken.

Only if they hit my head. My strafe abilities are too stronk ;D

LordofPwn

got a double 111 while ads in skirmish last night with the last word. really hope they fix this and also make it so the range stat is correct. As in nerf the range on this bad boy.

they need to buff the range of sidearms a little bit as well.

ocean

Banned
Bungie:

Take away Exotics from Crucible and nerf Pulse Rifles so they can't kill in 2 shots (Hand Cannons, and even slow High Impact Scouts take 3).

Then seek shelter from the mob of angry needs. But flee knowing that you did the right thing.

If you wanna make orbs, Sunsinger is the best class. While Radiance is active, everything's you kill is an orb, no matter how you kill it. Radiance + Gjally shot at a mob = orb shower. As for saving it? No need really. PoE 35 is pretty easy. The only encounter where you wanna hold on to self rez is Skolas himself. It can get you out of tricky debuff situations.

Yeah, maybe I just need to get over the 'hold onto it' mindset during the easier parts. I've become a slave to 'I'm going to save the whole team', when I could have charged it 7-8 times inbetween the moments where I actually 'need' it.

got a double 111 while ads in skirmish last night with the last word. really hope they fix this and also make it so the range stat is correct. As in nerf the range on this bad boy.

they need to buff the range of sidearms a little bit as well.

Sidearms are a joke.

Every other special weapon has the potential to 1HKO.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, maybe I just need to get over the 'hold onto it' mindset during the easier parts. I've become a slave to 'I'm going to save the whole team', when I could have charged it 7-8 times inbetween the moments where I actually 'need' it.
Warlocks are great for making orbs. Take advantage of that whenever you can. Obviously if you've wiped twice on a round you need to reconsider your strategies and perhaps hold the res but otherwise? Do some damage. Grenade spam or even rocket spam if what you want is orbs quick.

Here was a fun Doubles match that really shows of how awesome Rusted Lands works with Lightning Grenades.

Remember beginner Titan. Lightning Grenades always go on walls. Rarely on floors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrBpfFSlspA

That was epic. LOLed when you got that double postmortem.

One question: Why did you hold on to your super? I think you could have had another by match's end with all those kills, not that you needed it.

Just turn off the self rez perk and turn on the crazy armor perk. That'll force you to use it better.

Nerfing the entire HC class wouldn't solve anything, because legendary HCs aren't a problem in PVP. I'm just tired of Bungie going into weapon rebalancing with this mindset that nerfing an entire subset of weapons fixes things. It doesn't, we've seen that with ARs. All it did was make them completely irrelevant. Thorn is really the only hand cannon that needs rebalancing. TLW and Hawkmoon both have drawbacks, while Thorn doesn't.

Hand Cannons will be hard to balance because they have such a relatively low RoF (TLW notwithstanding). They can't touch damage otherwise they would be useless. Range could probably stand to have a nerf again. The HC should stay where they are for the most part and all other Primary weapon types need their respective damage/range/stability buffed to be on an even plane to HC as they are now. That is how you fix HC's, buff everything else.

That was epic. LOLed when you got that double postmortem.

One question: Why did you hold on to your super? I think you could have had another by match's end with all those kills, not that you needed it.

Just never had a good chance to use it I think. The one time I wanted to was chasing the Titan around 3:40. I was going to use it there if he was around the corner but he was too far, so I slid into a shotgun instead.

Hand Cannons will be hard to balance because they have such a relatively low RoF (TLW notwithstanding). They can't touch damage otherwise they would be useless. Range could probably stand to have a nerf again. The HC should stay where they are for the most part and all other Primary weapon types need their respective damage/range/stability buffed to be on an even plane to HC as they are now. That is how you fix HC's, buff everything else.
All I know is that I used to get pretty upset when I would die to HC the full distance of Pantheon's middle section while i was using a Scout Rifle. There really needs to be an earlier drop off for damage. I'm not saying a 100% drop off. But something around 15% drop off after 60m or something.

ocean

Banned
Legendary Hand Cannons are not a problem at all. They kill in 3 headshots. Like high impact scouts. Their time to kill is just peachy.

The issue is having 2 Hand Cannons with the potential to get guaranteed 2 headshot kills. Worse even is that they're fast firing hand cannons, it's crazy. Thorn will kill in 2 headshots every time; Hawkmoon has higher impact and can't do that 100% of the time.

Hand Cannons as a weapon class are in a great spot. Just a hair below high impact pulse rifles which can kill in 2 bursts.

Take care of these 3 Exotic HCs without touching the legendaries and tone down the Pulse Rifle buff so they aren't killing in 2 bursts and you're done. Maybe bring back the AR crit modifier to what it used to be.

Every weapon class is now viable.

If I were to download the demo right now, can I get that exlusove beta nameplate thingy?

The light blue one with the yellow spaceship.

Back on PS3 that was my favourite, but now I'm on Xbone so obviously nothing got transferred over

Bring back ARs. HCs might need small nerf but nothing too huge. Pulse Rifles seem fine. Scouts... small buff perhaps.

I think scouts need access to better scopes. There isn't really anything else you can do for them that won't be too much. The highest end Scout Rifles can 3 shot, other can 4 shot, You don't really want to drop that number.

So give Scout rifles the status of baby sniper like they should be and leave it at that.
If I were to download the demo right now, can I get that exlusove beta nameplate thingy?

The light blue one with the yellow spaceship.

Back on PS3 that was my favourite, but now I'm on Xbone so obviously nothing got transferred over

Did you enter in those 20 something redemption codes from launch?
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/wiki/redeemablecodes

Legendary Hand Cannons are not a problem at all. They kill in 3 headshots. Like high impact scouts. Their time to kill is just peachy.

The issue is having 2 Hand Cannons with the potential to get guaranteed 2 headshot kills. Worse even is that they're fast firing hand cannons, it's crazy. Thorn will kill in 2 headshots every time; Hawkmoon has higher impact and can't do that 100% of the time.

Hand Cannons as a weapon class are in a great spot. Just a hair below high impact pulse rifles which can kill in 2 bursts.

Take care of these 3 Exotic HCs without touching the legendaries and tone down the Pulse Rifle buff so they aren't killing in 2 bursts and you're done. Maybe bring back the AR crit modifier to what it used to be.

Every weapon class is now viable.
If they nerf pulse rifles, I'll be so disappointed. They finally are in a good place. And this is coming from a guy that uses mostly hand cannons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom