• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to download the demo right now, can I get that exlusove beta nameplate thingy?

The light blue one with the yellow spaceship.

Back on PS3 that was my favourite, but now I'm on Xbone so obviously nothing got transferred over

If you got that on Xbox it's tied to your Bungie profile so it'll show up on Playstation. (edit: or vice versa :p)

I know because I play on both systems.

ocean

Banned
If you think HC are OP, use a non exotic. They're good but nowhere near broken. They're perfect.

HCs are 3 shots and fire slow. Bring down accuracy at long range since HCs eat Scout territory.
High impact scouts also 3 headshots, also fire slow. Low impact take 4 shots but fire more quickly. TTK is good, but HCs have a tiny bit too much range and accuracy to let scouts shine. Overall I think scouts are fine tho.
Low impact pulse rifles are ok. High impact ones killing in 2 shots seems like a problem to me though. If left as is, nothing will change except it'll be Hopscotch/Messenger instead of Thorn/TLW everywhere.
ARs should be somewhere between low and high impact pulse rifles in TTK, with less range but with the fire and forget benefit.

Remove 1 tick of DoT from Thorn so it doesn't kill in 2 shots, just nearly. Fix TLW glitch giving 111 damage while ADS.

Shotgun range nerf. Sidearm range buff.

Done. Everything is viable.

LordofPwn

Just never had a good chance to use it I think. The one time I wanted to was chasing the Titan around 3:40. I was going to use it there if he was around the corner but he was too far, so I slid into a shotgun instead.

All I know is that I used to get pretty upset when I would die to HC the full distance of Pantheon's middle section while i was using a Scout Rifle. There really needs to be an earlier drop off for damage. I'm not saying a 100% drop off. But something around 15% drop off after 60m or something.

the way they should fix hand cannons is accuracy over range.

I think Hawkmoon is fine how it is. Thorns DoT needs a slight nerf either the amount of ticks or the damage on the ticks.
The last word needs to have the range of which it's stats say and they need to fix the 111 glitch. All legendary hand cannons are fine how they are.

Pulse rifles should only be able to 2 burst if it has a slow rate of fire. like red death.

I think scouts need a buff, same with autos but only slightly.

Shotguns i think just need an impact reduction in crucible. either have the range of the Halo shotgun for 1 shots, or be able to quickly 2 shot someone up close and therefore there will be a trade off.

I think snipers are fine how they are. its a very skill based weapon.

Sidearms as mentioned earlier need a range buff and maybe a faster travel time.

Heavy weapons are fine.

Bring back ARs. HCs might need small nerf but nothing too huge. Pulse Rifles seem fine. Scouts... small buff perhaps.
I am all for buffing AR's and Scouts in pvp while not nerfing HC's. Give everyone options and vary up the pvp.

My Suros waits to be unleashed on the masses! I only got the just after the AR nerf :(

I have a Crota HM checkpoint if anyone wants to do that. I don't have my mic handy, but I'm running Titan and can do distraction bubble if anyone is capable of swordbearing.

POSTPONED WILL REPOST

Jinjo

Hand Cannons will be hard to balance because they have such a relatively low RoF (TLW notwithstanding). They can't touch damage otherwise they would be useless. Range could probably stand to have a nerf again. The HC should stay where they are for the most part and all other Primary weapon types need their respective damage/range/stability buffed to be on an even plane to HC as they are now. That is how you fix HC's, buff everything else.

Exactly. No more nerfs, only buffs now. If you want to tackle the time to kill issue, just up the HP/armor across the board. Make it 250 hp instead of 200. Or lower the damage output of all the weapons across the board by a couple percent (PvP ONLY THOUGH!). Bungie desperately needs to seperate PvE & PvP stats in this game. They've done with shotguns, now do it again. Because honestly they keep ruining a lot of the PvE fun in this game with their PvP-guided nerfs.

ultrazilla

I am at last checkpoint for PoE Skolas. Both my teammates had to go. We got this far, I don't want to give up.

There is an exploit where there is a 5 second window to join my game when I die.

PSN/PS4 Kaijuseijin

EDIT FULL

I am at last checkpoint for PoE Skolas. Both my teammates had to go. We got this far, I don't want to give up.

There is an exploit where there is a 5 second window to join my game when I die.

PSN/PS4 Kaijuseijin

I'll join, will still be up for Crota HM cp after this. I'll post again.

I think Hawkmoon is fine how it is. Thorns DoT needs a slight nerf either the amount of ticks or the damage on the ticks.
The last word needs to have the range of which it's stats say and they need to fix the 111 glitch. All legendary hand cannons are fine how they are.

I wish I could have used my Hawkmoon before it was nerfed. I love it for normal Crucible, but it just can't compete in Trials with Thorn, TLW, or the Messenger (except in some isolated situations where you need more range I guess).

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Also anyone who's a low level sucker like me (26) and wants to do some low level sucker stuff just add me

Psn: crophonso

Also down to crucible but I'm p bad.

Frenden

Banned
I wish I could have used my Hawkmoon before it was nerfed. I love it for normal Crucible, but it just can't compete in Trials with Thorn, TLW, or the Messenger (except in some isolated situations where you need more range I guess).
Hawkmoon had a range upgrade changed before the HC nerf too. It was ungodly before the former and is still good after the latter. I wish everyone had a chance to use it in its original glory. Handheld sniper.

Agent

Anyone need to do Elder Cipher boss farming? Variks just returned mine so time to get it done. It wouldn't take long at all on PoE34.

Vashetti

Banned
Hi there Destiny folk.

Has there been any confirmation yet on whether the physical edition of The Taken King has everything on disc, or whether the expansions are digital codes?

Rtas

So yet again I've managed to get three exotics today and each one of them a RL, but still no Gjalla. Whats the deal RNGesus how am I still not able to catch a break I've got over 1100 hours in this game so far.

EL CUCO

PSN/PS4 Kaijuseijin

EDIT FULL
Not sure that it would be considered an "exploit"...

LordofPwn

There are some maps where i prefer hawkmoon over thorn and the last word.

I did really well in trials on the cauldron with hawkmoon over thorn.

I'm still not used to the last word.

I usually only use thorn in trials so i can keep tabs on locations.

If you got that on Xbox it's tied to your Bungie profile so it'll show up on Playstation. (edit: or vice versa :p)

I know because I play on both systems.

So I linked my PS3 account and my Xbone account on my Bungie profile.

Is there a way for me to get my PS3's BETA emblem onto my Xbone character?

Unfortunately not. I think it's pretty transparent that it isn't a limitation put in place by Bungie, either. More likely just contracts and shit.

This is a Microsoft specific thing. PSN has allowed cross platform play in the past and Bungie specifically has expressed interest in this.

Microsoft, for whatever reason, doesn't care for the idea.

Can they put Send It back on Hawkmoon instead of Hammer Forged before they nerf it again? :(

I've definitely gotten a few two shot kills with TLW while ADS. I've also definitely been killed by two shots as well. You win some, you lose some.

This is a Microsoft specific thing. PSN has allowed cross platform play in the past and Bungie specifically has expressed interest in this.

Microsoft, for whatever reason, doesn't care for the idea.

You think it's Microsoft driven?

I've always perceived it as PS driven, because it could stand to negate some of their exclusivity. Granted they could easily disable use of exclusive stuff when on the Xbox (they do something similar going cross gen). But idk, I always smelled the Sony contract behind this one.

Thanks for these, still hadn't done this yet, although i'm unsure as to how much use they will be for me!

Says i need to verify them on my profile codes page but when i go there it's just a list of the items ? :I

That page was always super unfriendly. I can't remember what to do at that point, but I feel like there was a verify or redeem button somewhere on that list page. But it was super hidden or something?

I'm not sure, and I can't check the page myself since I have everything unlocked already.

I've always perceived it as PS driven, because it could stand to negate some of their exclusivity. Granted they could easily disable use of exclusive stuff when on the Xbox (they do something similar going cross gen). But idk, I always smelled the Sony contract behind this one.

Someone here said something about the Ghost shell, and how it automatically un-equips itself when they switch from PS4 to PS3, so Bungie has the tech built into the game already.

Or are you talking about competitively?

Edit: Alright, 4th double post for the day... Fuck it. I'm going home.

GutZ31

Thanks for these, still hadn't done this yet, although i'm unsure as to how much use they will be for me!

Says i need to verify them on my profile codes page but when i go there it's just a list of the items ? :I

Are you going to the right place?
jYplfez.png

zarnold56

Debating whether to finish leveling my hunter or just level another warlock to make doing end game stuff easier. I don't feel like the rep grind to get armor. Does armor drop from PVP or just weapons?

Frenden

Banned
Can they put Send It back on Hawkmoon instead of Hammer Forged before they nerf it again? :(

I've definitely gotten a few two shot kills with TLW while ADS. I've also definitely been killed by two shots as well. You win some, you lose some.
Yeah the change from Send It to Hammer Forged hurt Hawkmoon more than the HC nerf, I think. That reduced critical hitbox matters. Especially given that the Hawkmoon has relatively low AA for a HC.

Pretty sure Microsoft have been against cross-platform play on all games. I doubt it's a Sony issue.
Ca$h-4-$kola$

KxRHHuE.jpg

Who is paying for this?! Good grief.

deadduck

The issue is having 2 Hand Cannons with the potential to get guaranteed 2 headshot kills. Worse even is that they're fast firing hand cannons, it's crazy. Thorn will kill in 2 headshots every time;

Thorns does 147 with final round (last 2) and DoT.

Ridiculous.

the way they should fix hand cannons is accuracy over range.

Pulse rifles should only be able to 2 burst if it has a slow rate of fire. like red death.

I think scouts need a buff, same with autos but only slightly.

Shotguns i think just need an impact reduction in crucible. either have the range of the Halo shotgun for 1 shots, or be able to quickly 2 shot someone up close and therefore there will be a trade off.

I think snipers are fine how they are. its a very skill based weapon.

Sidearms as mentioned earlier need a range buff and maybe a faster travel time.

Heavy weapons are fine.
Why not just lower the impact on Thorn so it won't kill in two headshots?

The DoT should stay exactly how it is in my opinion. It's what makes Thorn special. Reduce the impact and get rid of Send It and I think it's a much more balanced gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom