• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

2real4tv

So what is the best Skolas weapon drop? I currently have the AR, HC and PR all in arc. The HC seems pretty decent, don't have it fully upgraded yet though.

Frenden

Banned
Just got a Revelator (one of the highest AA HC at ~90) with

• Sureshot
  • Final Round
  • Small Bore
  • Luck in the Chamber

Oooooh yeaaaah.

Lima

Sorry, but I disagree - the Auto Rifle and Scout Rifle are good as long as they're the elemental variants that drop from Skolas, and I've heard people say very good things about the "Six Dreg Pride" Hand Cannon in Crucible.

Lol at using a legendary hand cannon in crucible. And if I were to use one it would be the old Devil you know or the Jewel of Osiris which both have actually useful perks for PvP.

Auto rifle and good in the same sentence hmmm. Scout has way too low impact and too high fire rate so unless you like to get your trigger finger tired I don't recommend it. Also it is a scout why are you not using a hand cannon?

Plus all of them have a perk slot totally wasted with that stupid shank and drug shit. Best you can hope for is getting the small amount of bonus damage to all fallen enemies.

Yeah they are shit. Look like shit too. Shit all around.

ocean

Banned
Well it's a good thing I got four Benevolences sitting in my vault then.
Her Benevolence is freaking top tier but it's not the one I meant. That's a Queen's Wrath weapon, not a Prison of Elders one. Murky difference since QW weapons drop from PoE chests :p

PoE weapons are those either sold by Variks, obtained from Judgment's Chance or dropped by Skolas.

Shadow of Veils is the PoE sniper rifle. High impact with ludicrous AA (69, ridiculous), Shortgaze and Perfect Balance.

The rest of the PoE weapons are somewhere between garbage (Rocket Launcher) to okay but not great at all (Hand Cannon)

Ji66a-Man

Unstable finally got a BLACK HAMMER...

on Xbox.

0c4D0P1.jpg

Manp

got my third cipher last night. so, missing exotics list incoming:

- Dreg's Promise
- Bones of Eao
- Peregrine Greaves
- Celestial Nighthawk

getting there :|

Lol at using a legendary hand cannon in crucible. And if I were to use one it would be the old Devil you know or the Jewel of Osiris which both have actually useful perks for PvP.

Auto rifle and good in the same sentence hmmm. Scout has way too low impact and too high fire rate so unless you like to get your trigger finger tired I don't recommend it. Also it is a scout why are you not using a hand cannon?

Plus all of them have a perk slot totally wasted with that stupid shank and drug shit. Best you can hope for is getting the small amount of bonus damage to all fallen enemies.

Yeah they are shit. Look like shit too. Shit all around.
To be honest you can use any hands cannon in crucible and have success. I was fucking around and using a green one and still ended up on the top of my team. Could probably do it with a white.

Then I tried to play with Monte Carlo. Goddamn that was a struggle.

Frenden

Banned
I have that exact perk roll on a Red Hand. Really want a Revelator though, that impact/RoF class should be great in PvP.

Frenden, post the head shot / body shot damage numbers when you get a chance please :)

Will do. I posted to the Crucible Playbook sub to ask if there was any math reason that damage buffs wouldn't increase TTK on the lower impact tier HCs too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePla..._final_round_and_luck_in_the_chamber_good_on/

With Sureshot it has a 95 AA value. 95!

Frenden

Banned
I need Xur to bring Sunbreakers. I accidentally sharded mine (first time I've ever done that to anything).

I apologize in advance if I've cursed us all.

ocean

Banned
Will do. I posted to the Crucible Playbook sub to ask if there was any math reason that damage buffs wouldn't increase TTK on the lower impact tier HCs too.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePla..._final_round_and_luck_in_the_chamber_good_on/

With Sureshot it has a 95 AA value. 95!
If I recall correctly that impact class crits for 77. LitC lucky shot will do 103, meaning a flow up shot won't get the kill unless it just happens to be the Final Round. This means you still need 3 headshots and TTK won't change.

A Red Hand impact class HC crits for 86, meaning a lucky shot will do 115. The follow up shot will make total 2 shot damage 201, which will sometimes net you the kill (if opponent has low armor build).

Hawkmoon is special because it does 94 base damage. A lucky shot will do 125, a luckier shot will do 167, and THE LUCK will be a 223 crit one shot kill :p

The good thing is that those 168 shots let you kill with a follow up body shot. It's beautiful.

MrMuscle

Can anyone actually read the weekly updates on their iOS Destiny app? It has never worked for me, it just takes me to a white page.

Frenden

Banned
If I recall correctly that impact class crits for 77. LitC lucky shot will do 103, meaning a flow up shot won't get the kill unless it just happens to be the Final Round. This means you still need 3 headshots and TTK won't change.

A Red Hand impact class HC crits for 86, meaning a lucky shot will do 115. The follow up shot will make total 2 shot damage 201, which will sometimes net you the kill (if opponent has low armor build).

Hawkmoon is special because it does 94 base damage. A lucky shot will do 125, a luckier shot will do 167, and THE LUCK will be a 223 crit one shot kill :p

The good thing is that those 168 shots let you kill with a follow up body shot. It's beautiful.

Yup. And that's what the reddit folks are saying too. On this tier, it should provide more consistent kills if only because it essentially forgives a missed headshot that hits body. Not as amazing as first thought, but still good.

I have a LONER.REBEL with the same roll (minus Small Bore, so 8 shots in the mag instead of 6) that is the same impact tier as the Red Hands of the world.

Guys i need help, I haven't played this for around 8 months, just starting to get back into it but..

-tried to do crota soul mission on my own and keep getting insta killed by those witches guarding it.
-cant/haven't even done a raid yet because i don't know anyone else that plays on xbox which means i have shite gear.

So i don't really know what i should be doing to level up more (I'm level 28). Also i read about that prison of elders, which looks like some kind of horde mode, but i don't know how to access it. It says it starts at level 28?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom