• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys i need help, I haven't played this for around 8 months, just starting to get back into it but..

-tried to do crota soul mission on my own and keep getting insta killed by those witches guarding it.
-cant/haven't even done a raid yet because i don't know anyone else that plays on xbox which means i have shite gear.

So i don't really know what i should be doing to level up more (I'm level 28). Also i read about that prison of elders, which looks like some kind of horde mode, but i don't know how to access it. It says it starts at level 28?

Welcome back! Have a look at the guides in the OP, especially Hawkian's guide on pre- and post-HoW levelling might be interesting for you. You can access the Prison of Elders once you finish the HoW story missions.

Unstable

My bet is that Xur is going to sell Gjallarhorn as a distraction from the week of PR disasters.

A level 28 scrub can dream right?

Unstable finally got a BLACK HAMMER...

on Xbox.

0c4D0P1.jpg

eoDXfWM.gif

My bet is that Xur is going to sell Gjallarhorn as a distraction from the week of PR disasters.

Lol, I said as much in the Gaming side thread. Makes sense to me. Do it Bungie.

I have 2. Want a 3rd of course. A 4th to display in the Vault and a 5th to rage shard.

Lol, I said as much in the Gaming side thread. Makes sense to me. Do it Bungie.

I have 2. Want a 3rd of course. A 4th to display in the Vault and a 5th to rage shard.

They'll sell the Gjallarhorn when the Taken King launches. But Xur will be on Oryx's ship. Held captive. And to buy anything you'll need to complete the Red Bull mission. Ten times.

ocean

Banned
Gjallarhorn would have been a huge deal for a lot of people some months ago, like just before TDB. Now, it'd be a super emotional "FINALLY!!!" for some people, but probably not a huge change in the community at large.

I mean for all the talk of "they can't remove the carrot that keeps people playing", most launch day players have it and play anyways. There are notable cases of launch players without one but they're fewer every day and not that many people altogether.

I'm not saying I think they'll sell it, but they should do it. It's not that big a deal and most people have it. Give those who don't a chance.

They'll sell the Gjallarhorn when the Taken King launches. But Xur will be on Oryx's ship. Held captive. And to buy anything you'll need to complete the Red Bull mission. Ten times.

That sounds strangely legit.

Seriously though, I do have a feeling Ghorn will be sold some time just before or after TTK releases.

ocean

Banned
Xur will sell Suros today. Mark my words.
"As per our Twitter responses, the most requested weapon in the game!"
- Dude that tweet is 9 months old
"Take your Suros, no need to thanks us!"
- what the fuck, nobody wants Auto Rifles Bungie!
"Hard Light you say? Coming up next week!"

You'd better hope he sells TLW, so your ass has something to use in trials soon.

Also there's a Hori wired controller for ps4 that is basically xbox designed. I know you mentioned not liking the ps4 controller, so maybe check that out.

I'd link you, but I'm lazy and on mobile.

Unstable

You'd better hope he sells TLW, so your ass has something to use in trials soon.

Also there's a Hori wired controller for ps4 that is basically xbox designed. I know you mentioned not liking the ps4 controller, so maybe check that out.

I'd link you, but I'm lazy and on mobile.

Yeah I have it on preorder

Gjallarhorn would have been a hide deal for a lot of people some months ago, like just before TDB. Now, it'd be a super emotional "FINALLY!!!" for some people, but probably not a huge change in the community at large.

I mean for all the talk of "they can't remove the carrot that keeps people playing", most launch day players have it and play anyways. There are notable cases of launch players without one but they're fewer every day and not that many people altogether.

I'm not saying I think they'll sell it, but they should do it. It's not that big a deal and most people have it. Give those who don't a chance.

You are right, as a carrot-on-a-stcik, it is losing its power. Most people either have it or have just gotten used to playing without it. Many have also given up on the game entirely.

At this point, there really is no reason to keep a small but dedicated portion of the playerbase excluded from it.

ocean

Banned
I will buy these boots and max them with bounties but never once use them. Like I've done with so many other useless Exotics...

raindoc

where is he?

EDIT: nevermind. i just remembered that a i blew all my coins and shards last week trying to get the purifier robes. blech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom