• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember there's no checkpoints. If you have a full team, whoever backs out to let someone here go help would not be able to get anything.

I'll give you some pointers though. Small Arms is a tricky modifier because it boosts your Primary Weapon damage, but actually reduces the damage from your Special and Heavy Weapons. This is bad because it means your shotguns won't kill Captains quickly enough, and your rockets won't damage Skolas as much as they should.

The key to this fight is staying alive. There's no rush. The fight is broken up into 4 moments.

The very beginning has the transparent Servitors you need to kill in order to harm Skolas. This will only be required for the first 25% of his health (you'll know because it'll say Servitor Bonds are broken or something like that). Before tackling Skolas, you need to clean up ads! Entering the room run left and do your work from that platform. Then rotate to the other side of the room, clean up from that platform.

You wanna keep moving around the room to avoid being swarmed. Whenever Skolas is too close to you, it's time to run to the other side of the room. Clean up ads, kill Servitor, damage Skolas. Nice and easy.

Once you break the Servitor bonds (Skolas is now at 75%) get ready for a big wave of ads. Get safe. Forget Skolas for a while and just kill Vandals, Dregs and Captains. When you feel it's too swarmed, run to the other side.

Once things calm down, you hurt Skolas with whatever you have. Normally Snipers are the best because they stagger him, but with Small Arms there's no good way of damaging him quickly. Just damage him with whatever you have until he comes too close, then run away and repeat.

Once he's at 50%, the fight gets interesting. 2 things will happen: one person gets randomly debuffed and mines will spawn, along with a new wave of ads. This is where you will wipe most of the time. It takes 10s for one person to cap a mine (less if there's multiple people capping a mine). If you get there alone and the counter is at 8 seconds, that'll be a wipe.

What you need to balance here is getting there on time versus killing as many enemies as you can before you go. Invisible Hunters and Titan Bubbles are MVP here. It's extremely important you work on ads constantly. Once mines phase is done, clean up any remaining enemies then hammer Skolas.

Once you get him down to 25%, same thing as 50%. Mines + wave of ads. If you get through that, you basically won. After mines the second time just play it super safe and damage Skolas, running away when he's close or there's a Captain nearby who can one-shot you.

It's a fun fight that gets super tense when you need to run to get a clutch revive + the revived person picking up the debuff just in the nick of time, to then run the hell away before you get killed on the spot. It just requires your team to be working well together! It's not something that depends on specific weapons or armor at all :)

great post. we did it.

Nuszka

Thought I was on a good roll here so got another 8 engrams to get celestial nighthawk , result : all I'm left are about 100 motes :( nooooooooooooo

amar212

I still need:

- Ram
- Purifier Robes
- Bones of Eao

I will wait for Xur to Duty Free.

I am not giving a single Mote for Exotic Engram ever again.

Death, is it confirmed that Exotic gear can be obtained from LV28 PoE in later plays in the same week?

Kyoufu

Here's my helm engram haul with 230 or so Motes:

Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Knucklehead Radar
An Insurmountable Skullfort
The Ram
Achlyophage Symbiote
Eternal Warrior
Apotheosis Veil

And the final engram turned into.......

~~~~CELESTIAL NIGHTHAWK~~~~

I didn't have any of these before. It's been a good week for me.

I appreciate that :)

Sadly all the try-hards will still be using Thorn no doubt.

I'd MUCH rather deal with Thorn than Red Death. Fuck.

At least he has Alpha Lupi. Still didn't have that and i've been wanting it for trials.

Nah, RD over Thorn anyday. If someone kills me with RD and gets health back, that's fine. Fuck being sniped with Thorn from across the map and losing shields from one bullet.

Bungie saw my post and changed it obviously.

Shito

Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Knucklehead Radar
The Ram
Achlyophage Symbiote
Eternal Warrior
Apotheosis Veil

You win at RNG.

Until today I was missing 3 exotics, the new titan legs (thanks xûr), purifier robes, and nighthawk (xûr maybe thanks).

I have no motes of light thanks to blowing them all on chest and helmet engrams in the last few weeks.

I have 39 exotic shards though Lol.

Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Knucklehead Radar
The Ram
Achlyophage Symbiote
Eternal Warrior
Apotheosis Veil

Do you have helm of St. 14? If not, gamble for it. Best titan helmet.

Fuck this game

Nj3O4JS.png

I need to stop gambling T_T I JUST WANT A NIGHTHAWK

Lima

Got 11 Nighthawks in the vault now. Time to closely inspect all of them and find the one with the best roll lol.

Blew all my motes cause I'm not gonna roll any more weapons. Sweg

Got 11 Nighthawks in the vault now. Time to closely inspect all of them and find the one with the best roll lol.

Blew all my motes cause I'm not gonna roll any more weapons. Sweg

I have one with 133 int. Max would be around 135 I assume?

edit: actually the max i've seen is 142, but with split stats.

I have one with 133 int. Max would be around 135 I assume?

edit: actually the max i've seen is 142, but with split stats.

I HATE YOU. STOP TAKING ALL OF THEM.

( -̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄◞ω◟-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )

Lol my highest one is 108. Sad face

I HATE YOU. STOP TAKING ALL OF THEM.

( -̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄◞ω◟-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )

Also, this is not from an exotic helmet engram. This is from a legendary helmet engram and I got it on the day HoW came out :p

One day I will figure out why Mass Effect 3 multiplayer kept my attention for so long yet Prison of Elders is so meh in comparison.

On paper PoE has a lot going for it.
In practice I miss flying around the map blowing everything the hell up.

The rewards are shit. I haven't kept a single queen's weapon. The only good weapon from Variks is the fusion rifle. The elemental primaries are pretty weak (solar Autorifle with Captain burn? Really? ...Solar?)

If beating Skolas was worth the time and effort, it would be fun. But all you're getting are armor and weapon cores for mediocre weapons and somewhat decent armor that is trumped by what Brother Vance sells or what you can ascend from previous content (VoG armor 4 lyfe).

Just got the ram after buying like 9 engrams! All that's left is the Hunter boots and I have every exotic in the game!

I'm missing the boots as well. Don't have a hunter anymore but man those Titan Greaves....

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Guys i need help, I haven't played this for around 8 months, just starting to get back into it but..

-tried to do crota soul mission on my own and keep getting insta killed by those witches guarding it.
-cant/haven't even done a raid yet because i don't know anyone else that plays on xbox which means i have shite gear.

So i don't really know what i should be doing to level up more (I'm level 28). Also i read about that prison of elders, which looks like some kind of horde mode, but i don't know how to access it. It says it starts at level 28?
I'm level 11 but I'll play with you

Nah, RD over Thorn anyday. If someone kills me with RD and gets health back, that's fine. Fuck being sniped with Thorn from across the map and losing shields from one bullet.

Mark of the Devourer negates Red Death health regen. Both are 2 shots, but I think Thorn has a greater impact on the overall meta.

Jinjo

Lol RNGesus has heard your wishes. And mine, didn't have the Titan boots yet.

Fuuuuuuuuck yeeeesssssssssssssss!

Also, Peregrine Greaves were on my want-list too. Now only the Bones of Eao & Purifier Robes. Will gamble two engrams for The Ram.

Good Xur week. That glorious Red Death. Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in. Gotta level that for the upcoming Pulse-rifle era in PvP when HC's get nerfed.

Out of 40 or so exotic engrams in these past few weeks exactly 0 have turned into the nighthawk for me. Have a bunch of mask of the third man and Glasshouse though ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom