• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitsurugi

Man, i am so hyped for trials today, not sure why, don't really need anything, altho those hunter boots will sure polish my new hun-tard.

Maybe it's because trials is the only ''cool'' stuff left to do till TTK, let's be honest, PoE is a failure (meaning: on the long run - gets too boring too soon). Sorry to say that, but they could easily polish it in a few steps:

- random modifiers in rounds
- random rounds (like poe 28 now)
- random enemies in random locations - arenas (can do without this one tbh)
- fix weapon drops and PoE weapons in general (easy solution: make the ''fallen'' perk as a bonus perk, put a 2nd perk like every other weapon)
- waaaaaay less HP to the servitor in round 5

Funny is that also now poe 34 is useless:
- who needs etheric light?
- even more, WHO needs weapon cores? (see above plus the primary weapons variks sells are with kinetic dmg, thus even worse then town vendor ones, which can be reforged - makes kinda no sense).

JonCha

Yeah, they seriously need to re-think POE.

Or make trials more accessible / easier for non pvp players.

Having a 'social' version where there's no impact on the win/loss record for sessions would be a good start imo. Dip your feet and, if you don't like it, hey ho.

noomi

PoE.... is boring for me as well. I'm still doing it though, want a few weapons and judgements chance still for those last pieces.

Trials is a lot of fun, even when not going to Mercury.

th3dude

Looks like I'll pick up the Red Death and one helmet engram.

I'm Coin and Mote poor so that will clean me out, but I need any extra chances I can get for a Saint-14 for my newly leveled Titan.

Dunlop

Wait.... wat?

if your asking if they were sold before... yes. Todd made a thread about it as well since he was waiting for them for quite a bit hehe.
Sorry no caffeine and auto correct are a bad combination..

I remember that post, but I had quit destiny back then lol

phen0m24

They need a raid sooner rather than later.

PoE is boring. These little cramped rooms with defuse mines as a goal make no sense.

We ran the raid last night. Nilla, Narmer, Fig, Frenden and I - and we picked up another but not sure if he's on GAF.

We had fun. We goofed off. I tried punching all the thralls. I died. But it was hilarious. We did the "no man left behind" at the bridge. We waited for Nilla, who came back for me, and then we got lost. kinda

The bridge. With 4 of us at the beginning only Fig and Narmer got across. A thrall jumped in front of Fig's rocket.
We won't speak of what happened to Narmer.

The bridge was fun.
The deathsinger was fun. SHOTGUN TO THA FACE!!!
Crota was Nilla saying "Sword School!" to Fig, who was trying to say rockets but everyone sounded like

rockets...........rockets....
Ok here they come............Ok here they come......
I'm all echo-y...........I'm all echo-y

:p

It was fun. We did DS and Crota 3 times, we all got crap for the most part (Nilla got his 17th I think NLB), but we were having fun. Maybe it was a little laggy. Maybe that thrall jumping in front of Fig was unfortunate. albeit funny Maybe Nilla getting outside the glass and breaking the game was not as intended. But it was fun.

We went into PvP to play
trash I mean
Clash and it was just weird what do we do - there's no point to this - no objective - this is laggy - Minecraft.
Minecraft makes me crazy as there is no objective to it either

I wonder what the Division will be like. If we can roam the world in groups to get loot, take on other teams and such - that will be interesting. See if it has a significant draw.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, they seriously need to re-think POE.

Or make trials more accessible / easier for non pvp players.
I went from doing Skolas every week to not bothering, especially since the drop is not guaranteed. The cores and the light are worthless now, and fighting him without burns, while fun, is kind of pointless if I'm literally doing it for nothing.

This DLC favours the PVP players completely, which is making it easier for me to basically quit playing the game. Besides the nightfall, today was the first time I logged on and that was only to get The Ram and the new boots.

phen0m24

I went from doing Skolas every week to not bothering, especially since the drop is not guaranteed.

This DLC favours the PVP players completely, which is making it easier for me to basically quit playing the game. Besides the nightfall, today was the first time I logged on and that was only to get The Ram and the new boots.

Honestly why I was sold on OT♦whatever|A House Divided and still am. While I want to get better at PvP, if the PvE grind wasn't already a job, playing PvP is like another job.

Fun? Please? Would love more game modes that put a smile on my face. figuring out raid puzzles, teamwork stuff, etc. :)

RemiLP

I wonder what the Division will be like. If we can roam the world in groups to get loot, take on other teams and such - that will be interesting. See if it has a significant draw.

The division looks like it could be an amazing game. Patrol like game mode where u can fight other players for their loot, now that will be intense.

Is Red Death worth trying to grind out six strange coins for? I've already done the weekly, and my other characters aren't nearly high-level to even try it. I guess I could try PoE?

noomi

Is Red Death worth trying to grind out six strange coins for? I've already done the weekly, and my other characters aren't nearly high-level to even try it. I guess I could try PoE?

Yes! It's a fantastic weapon for PvP and a must have for Crota Hard mode.

Get it, you won't regret it :)

Oh! There is a free strange coin from doing the golden chests, I forget the details though since it was so long ago that I did this.

From the Halo OT thread:

We cannot be stopped. 25 is soon!

Nothing stops this train!

We should do something special when OT 30 rolls around.

I've followed the OT's since the first one, but wasn't really posting that much back then.

Yes. Do some 28s and open the small chests. You'll get enough coins after two or three PoE runs.

They need a raid sooner rather than later.

We went into PvP to play
trash I mean
Clash and it was just weird what do we do - there's no point to this - no objective - this is laggy].

Haha nice write up Colonel, sounds like fun. I was doing a little PvP with Hudson and Val when Hudson says "ooh looks like all the cool kids are raiding" when he saw your group. More than anything they need meaningful 6-person activities.

I can't stand laggy 6v6 PvP anymore after playing so much Trials, it just doesn't work in this game. And I only do PoE when friends want to run it or ask for Skolas help, it got old fast. The cramped rooms and no variety kill it compared to hugely replayable stuff like Mass Effect 3's horde mode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly why I was sold on OT♦whatever|A House Divided and still am. While I want to get better at PvP, if the PvE grind wasn't already a job, playing PvP is like another job.

Fun? Please? Would love more game modes that put a smile on my face. figuring out raid puzzles, teamwork stuff, etc. :)
I get why they went with smaller horde modes, since it's theoretically easier to get groups together. But they are missing the complexity of even Crota and the rewards are essentially absent. It doesn't help that they've basically rotated through all the new bosses now, so there isn't even a new mechanic to discover anymore.

I don't know what they could do to make the PvE stuff more interesting. The Queen's bounties require lots of waiting and sitting around or going through areas that you've already been to countless times and PoE has basically been bled dry by people who were day 1 players. Maybe they need to add a new mode which is just a pure boss rush, or finally give up and just start mixing up the enemy types so that you have to deal with Minotaurs while fighting the Fallen or something like that.

Meanwhile ToO is interesting if only because, although everyone uses the same weapons, at least you're not fighting against a DPS battle against a high health over-levelled sponge boss with adds that always act the exact same way every time. That and you always get a reward at the end of it.

Agent

This game absolutely refuses to give me HoW exotics from engrams. I've gone through 50+ engrams and I've received 2, The Ram and Eternal Warrior. All I want is Celestial Nighthawk and Purifier Robes. I need those two and Bones of Eao to finish out all exotics.

Lnkn52

I believe they updated this page:
https://www.destinythegame.com/

It includes cutouts... New OT graphics....

legend-warlock.png
legend-titan.png
legend-hunter.png

phen0m24

Haha nice write up Colonel, sounds like fun. I was doing a little PvP with Hudson and Val when Hudson says "ooh looks like all the cool kids are raiding" when he saw your group. More than anything they need meaningful 6-person activities.

I can't stand laggy 6v6 PvP anymore after playing so much Trials, it just doesn't work in this game. And I only do PoE when friends want to run it or ask for Skolas help, it got old fast. The cramped rooms and no variety kill it compared to hugely replayable stuff like Mass Effect 3's horde mode.

Initially Fig and I were going to do some 32 PoE for armor cores. Then the dynamic duo™ joined up with us, and we would have done PoE together if we could.. But then we just said heck we can 4 man this sucker.

I don't mind Control. At least there's a point. Skirmish and Salvage - same thing. It felt very aimless to run around Shores of Time in Clash waiting to get sniped again.

I never played ME3. Good? :)

waves

And I didn't mean to derail with the Division talk, I just wonder based on the dynamics if it will have any pull. The thought of roaming like Remi mentioned - that might be really neat. And so help me if you people come by and steal my loot..
It won't be difficult.

Having a 'social' version where there's no impact on the win/loss record for sessions would be a good start imo. Dip your feet and, if you don't like it, hey ho.

Elimination is exactly that, why is it not a permanent crucible activity is beyond logic.

I think with the last patch, they want to encourage losing if you want to get passage coins for boons.

I don't think it is to encourage losing, rather have the losing players keep on grinding for coins.

PoE.... is boring for me as well. I'm still doing it though, want a few weapons and judgements chance still for those last pieces.

Trials is a lot of fun, even when not going to Mercury.

I lucked out and got everything from PoE in the first 2 weeks. I didn't even buy the all STR stuff that Variks sold in 3 weeks after launch. I haven't done skolas in 3 weeks. The arenas are small and cramped and barely offer any replay value due to repetitive modifiers. Weapon cores are rotting in my vault like shards used to.

Maybe make the ToO weapon for sale buyable for 10 weapon cores? Seriously, no need for weapon cores or the 3 tokens from the chests. They just pile up.

5 wins (2 with buff) for ToO armor seem fair to me, since you can get the watchers set from just playing Trials. They could have the special and heavy weapons drop from playing, that would encourage a lot more players.

Nothing new, another set of currency that will become obsolete once again.

Already obsolete. Judgement's chance should be rollable for 2x cores of any type.

I went from doing Skolas every week to not bothering, especially since the drop is not guaranteed. The cores and the light are worthless now, and fighting him without burns, while fun, is kind of pointless if I'm literally doing it for nothing.

Yeah, elemental weapon drops from Skolas should be guaranteed. Totally unfair that one member of the team gets a drop and the other don't.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Already obsolete. Judgement's chance should be rollable for 2x cores of any type.
I know they will never "give away" elemental primaries, which means there's literally nothing to get. You could theoretically try for the full set of PoE armor for some reason (1 set for each enemy type) but there's no room to store all that armor anyway, so what's the point?
Well, that and it's not like you need any of the armor buffs to complete PoE in the first place. lol
So yeah, I'm sure they'll just be used for rep when TTK comes out. Because that's what they seem to do with obsolete currencies now.

Shito

The division looks like it could be an amazing game. Patrol like game mode where u can fight other players for their loot, now that will be intense.
I'm really not too keen on The Division's "loot other people and even betray your own group" mechanisms. While it's all fine and dandy on the paper, I fear it will lead to a nasty and toxic community, at the opposite spectrum of the light-hearted and welcoming community of Destiny, shaped this way because there's no real way to troll other people in the game...
I will keep on eye on it, but I'm wary of this.

I know they will never "give away" elemental primaries, which means there's literally nothing to get. You could theoretically try for the full set of PoE armor for some reason (1 set for each enemy type) but there's no room to store all that armor anyway, so what's the point?
Well, that and it's not like you need any of the armor buffs to complete PoE in the first place. lol
So yeah, I'm sure they'll just be used for rep when TTK comes out. Because that's what they seem to do with obsolete currencies now.

My concern is the grind from now till TKK launch. It seems everything we have will be obsolete with the next expansion. Once you get all the loot from HoW, what can be offered to have players playing on?

For Fatebringer, Explosive Rounds or Single Point Sling?

Neither. Field scout.

I'm really not too keen on The Division's "loot other people and even betray your own group" mechanisms. While it's all fine and dandy on the paper, I fear it will lead to a nasty and toxic community, at the opposite spectrum of the light-hearted and welcoming community of Destiny, shaped this way because there's no real way to troll other people in the game...
I will keep on eye on it, but I'm wary of this.

I dont know the ins and outs of the game but I agree. It could lead to hours and hours of collecting loot, only to have it all stolen by a rival player etc. Not a friendly mechanic at all.

I dont know the ins and outs of the game but I agree. It could lead to hours and hours of collecting loot, only to have it all stolen by a rival player etc. Not a friendly mechanic at all.

I think that can only happen in specific zones, in which you have full awareness of entering if you so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom