• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to buy them from titan or warlock to trick RNG into giving you hunter helmets.

I feel like this actually works more often than not....

edit: top o' the page

The real face of Oryx

XI90zMq.png

phen0m24

I'm really not too keen on The Division's "loot other people and even betray your own group" mechanisms. While it's all fine and dandy on the paper, I fear it will lead to a nasty and toxic community, at the opposite spectrum of the light-hearted and welcoming community of Destiny, shaped this way because there's no real way to troll other people in the game...
I will keep on eye on it, but I'm wary of this.

I dont know the ins and outs of the game but I agree. It could lead to hours and hours of collecting loot, only to have it all stolen by a rival player etc. Not a friendly mechanic at all.

That's why we form a DDGAF group and wreck all who oppose us. :p

Deku Tree

I'm really not too keen on The Division's "loot other people and even betray your own group" mechanisms. While it's all fine and dandy on the paper, I fear it will lead to a nasty and toxic community, at the opposite spectrum of the light-hearted and welcoming community of Destiny, shaped this way because there's no real way to troll other people in the game...
I will keep on eye on it, but I'm wary of this.

Yup. I was very interested in the division. But I was soured by the fact that (1) the best loot in this loot game is locked behind a PvP mode and (2) you can betray your team mates to try and steal the best loot.

I also feel like this can create a toxic community. Would you try to steal your friends ghorn if you didn't have one? Would you still be friends after that? What happens next?

I will also keep watching but all the delays and the above info make me wonder if it's gonna be a fun game or not.

noomi

I believe they updated this page:
https://www.destinythegame.com/

It includes cutouts... New OT graphics....

Checking it out now, looks very cool! Also... quoting you I see a new posting command called indent... what does it do?!

Have a celebratory Redbull?

I will be buying a few cans for people around here, but pouring that shit down the drain. :D

I have enough motes for 1 engram. This is what I want. RNGsus plz

Good luck, took me over 500 motes of light :eek:

high 120-130ish is the cap now iirc.

Definitely decent enough. Level that biz up and be the badass you were meant to be!

It's fine, cap is 135-140 I think.

Dang, so I'm right around the "mid-point" then.... screw it... I'm not wasting any more motes. Once I start I have a problem stopping. I'll take what I can get lol.

I lucked out and got everything from PoE in the first 2 weeks. I didn't even buy the all STR stuff that Variks sold in 3 weeks after launch. I haven't done skolas in 3 weeks. The arenas are small and cramped and barely offer any replay value due to repetitive modifiers. Weapon cores are rotting in my vault like shards used to.

I'm still after the sniper and you know.... that solar hand cannon. Now that I have a titan, I want to get armor cores and judgements chances for him to get the last pieces of armor he is missing.

Once I have those things, Skolas will be retired. I really prefer doing VoG/Crota even if it means no loot.

ocean

Banned
I dont know the ins and outs of the game but I agree. It could lead to hours and hours of collecting loot, only to have it all stolen by a rival player etc. Not a friendly mechanic at all.
There's a Vault type mechanism where you store stuff which can't be looted from you when you enter those PvP areas. Still, that game probably won't have this type of community because of its nature. LFG? Nevah. DGAF only for me on Division.

But not Nami.

EL CUCO

Not sure if this was put in here or not yet, but Datto nails it. This is the best outlook for the pricing of the cosmetic DLC stuff. Buy it if you like it, don't buy it if you don't.

We don't buy filet mignon so it'll last us all week. We buy it because it's gotdam delicious.

Datto's Take
Exactly my take on it. I personally never intended on buying the CE stuff, and still dont. The VIP stuff is cool because it shows appreciation to the regular players of the game and it looks pretty badass.

Ultimately, Bungie did fix the problem of having to re-purchase content for the CE goodies, but for some reason there are players that feel like they deserve more...

noomi

Do you guys think the new campaign will be lengthy in comparison to Crota/HoW?

I hope so.... even if that means I have to go through it 3 times. Which... I kind of wish once you unlocked the content once, it would unlock for all of your characters.

PuMa

Do you guys think the new campaign will be lengthy in comparison to Crota/HoW?

I hope so.... even if that means I have to go through it 3 times. Which... I kind of wish once you unlocked the content once, it would unlock for all of your characters.

I with they they would make it so you only have to unlock it on one character.

Pastrami Palace

That is not an exclusive T_T
Whoever came up with that was so spot on, it sounds like a brothel where you get violated from every direction.

Ah crap, forgot about that. Too bad Timekeeper is also an exclusive. That might be a good one.

Firebase Delphi is another good option.

I'm not too sad about Timekeeper, it is not my kind of map :p
Yeah I hope the two I mentioned, but I'm with ruthless, it's going to be Asylum.

Hello Destiny GAF!

I am excited to finally post here. I've been following DGAF since the game's release and only within the past month finally got my account approved. I can still remember the day Hard mode on TDB raid came out. It was really fun to watch that race unfold in the thread.

I was in deep before HoW came out, but I fell off right before it actually came out. However, the E3 trailer for TTK has brought me back.

I stopped playing with every exotic(except the 4th horseman), 3 Lvl 32 toons(one of each class), and somehow 2 gjallahorns. I'm experienced, excited, and ready to be a part of the awesome community that is DGAF. Hopefully, yah'll are still playing, right?

So if any kind soul wants to help and old man get caught up on HoW, I hope to be on tonight around 8-9pm CST. I'm on PS4 and my PSN is DirtyAquaticApe. Just a heads up, I've done NOTHING when it comes to HoW so far.

All this talk about no-one needing etheric light anymore?

Even though I've got all 3 to 34, I still want lots of light to upgrade various pieces of armour and my weapons.

Want to change my appearances and remain 34, currently is one look, just with the exotic being the difference.

And only my warlock (my main) has 365 legendaries.

But then what are they going to do with year 2, will we upgrade our stuff or will it be lost in time?

That Suros rocket launcher looks awesome.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My concern is the grind from now till TKK launch. It seems everything we have will be obsolete with the next expansion. Once you get all the loot from HoW, what can be offered to have players playing on?
I mean, all the old stuff will be pointless in the new expansion anyway, just like the VoG and Crota stuff is all mostly obsolete right now. There is really no reason to play the game other than to play it for the sake of playing it. Which would be fine if the things you could do in it were interesting to do (for a PvE player at least).

Hello Destiny GAF!

I am excited to finally post here. I've been following DGAF since the game's release and only within the past month finally got my account approved. I can still remember the day Hard mode on TDB raid came out. It was really fun to watch that race unfold in the thread.

I was in deep before HoW came out, but I fell off right before it actually came out. However, the E3 trailer for TTK has brought me back.

I stopped playing with every exotic(except the 4th horseman), 3 Lvl 32 toons(one of each class), and somehow 2 gjallahorns. I'm experienced, excited, and ready to be a part of the awesome community that is DGAF. Hopefully, yah'll are still playing, right?

So if any kind soul wants to help and old man get caught up on HoW, I hope to be on tonight around 8-9pm CST. I'm on PS4 and my PSN is DirtyAquaticApe. Just a heads up, I've done NOTHING when it comes to HoW so far.

Welcome back. You should start off by doing the story missions, lvl 28 poe and then lvl 32 poe so that you can get your toons to 33. Then attempt lvl 34 poe to get yourself some etheric light and upgrade your existing stuff and get to level 34. Plenty of players on gaf so should not be hard for you to find team mates for those activities.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But then what are they going to do with year 2, will we upgrade our stuff or will it be lost in time?
Given the strange language with the etheric light and "year 1", I assume that they'll just make all old gear obsolete by not letting you raise the damage on old weapons any more. It'd make sense, since it would be absurd if they really did have a 10 year plan and the only gun worth using a decade from now is still Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence or Gjallarhorn.

It'd also solve the vault space problem by getting people to just shard all their old raid weapons and exotics I suppose.

ocean

Banned
So far, rotation was:

Mercury (Burning Shrine)
Mars (Pantheon)
Earth (Widow's Court)
Moon (Cauldron)
Venus (Thieve's Den)

Since they're rotating locations, going to a different planet each week, there's a chance this week will be Phobos? But then again, back to back HoW maps isn't something they've done.

I'd love to see Delphi on the rotation if they can do something about the spawns. Either custom spawn locations for the map, or swapping spawn point between rounds.

Unstable

I think he'll make do with Red Death till he gets TLW.

Don't forget stabbie that the first poe chest on each character gives an exotic, so make sure you do the lvl 28 poe. Your luck today may grant you a hawkmoon or tlw.

Can't wait to be the first to get Hawkmoon on Xbone.

Considering my luck today it may be possible.

Lima

All about those 0 kills, working as intended. Also, I'm disappointed Lima needed 2 swords for the kill. Where was the 1-sword triple down?

It was a one sword my friend :) Dropped it to blink strike, then it says 2 swords used. You know how this works.

Hyun Sai

Now that I think of it, it's depressing that a FREE multiplayer mode for Mass Effect 3 had more variety and replayability than Prison of Elders.

Seriously, you could think developpers play other games and get inspired by what's done right or wrong, but no.

noomi

GJALLARHORN

Unstable pls...

Grats though :D

Hello Destiny GAF!

Well hello there! Welcome to our little slice of neogaf :D

Feel free to send me a friend request, noomi85 on PSN

You should warn us before telling such horror stories.

:p

It was scary, kept saying "just one more just one more.... cmon daddy needs a new helm!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom