• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Legendary Edition dropped price on Amazon UK?
Its now 46 pounds.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZF6ZUK4/

This happens all the time with retail releases, so it's no surprise it's happening with the Legendary Edition. Games usually start out at the MSRP but then a price war, usually initiated by Amazon and Gameseek, starts and the retail price falls down to around £40 by time of release.

This is why the pricing of the digital standalone TTK add on is dumb, whoever at Bungie was in charge of setting the price most likely just assumed that games are always sold at the MSRP and set the price of the digital standalone at £40 thinking that it would be fair, when it's anything but.

Funnily enough, other publishers seem to know this and price their digital add ons accordingly, even Activision with COD, but Bungie don't seem to have gotten the memo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Now that I think of it, it's depressing that a FREE multiplayer mode for Mass Effect 3 had more variety and replayability than Prison of Elders.

Seriously, you could think developpers play other games and get inspired by what's done right or wrong, but no.
To be fair, the reward system is basically what made it replayable. People were grinding for credits to buy more stuff, which is something that just doesn't exist in PoE.

ethomaz

Banned
All about those 0 kills, working as intended. Also, I'm disappointed Lima needed 2 swords for the kill. Where was the 1-sword triple down?
lvl 34?
Normal: One sword and 2 downs with crazy combo.
Hard: Two sword and 4 downs and normal combo (the last sword/down is just needed due the Fury/oversoul time).

It is crazy how easy it is... the only think that hold you are the glitches like Crota seeing you invisible or not getting down with zillion of Ghorns lol

lvl 34?
Normal: One sword and 2 downs and crazy combo.
Hard: Two sword and 4 downs and normal combo (the last sword/down is just needed due the Fury/oversoul time).

It is crazy how easy it is... the only think that hold you are the glitches like Crota seeing you invisible lol

Nah, you can kill him easily with 1 sword, 3 downs on Hard nowadays.

A lot of people might not realize it but being Lv34 actually does 6.5% more damage with the sword than being Lv33, even though Scrota is only Lv33 himself. The sword and relic work differently for damage output than actual guns which don't increase in damage when you go above the enemy level.

Edit: but yeah the "smacked while invisible" glitch is still alive and well, it just doesn't matter anymore since the fight is so easy like you said.

So.... how useless are defender titans without any exotics in Trials :p

I need to get those titan boots.....

Totally doable, I assume you kept your good guns.
Only exotic that seems kind of handy for the Titan is the Alpha Lupi chest piece, but if the other two are wearing quick res stuff, it should be ok.

Edit - Suppressor grenades can be pretty useful as well.

Nuszka

So.... how useless are defender titans without any exotics in Trials :p

I need to get those titan boots.....

Noticed if you use a defender Titan in trials some consider it as a joke... Troll... It's downright on the bottom of all classes for pvp. Will carry your ass on Monday lol

Only exotic that seems kind of handy for the Titan is the Alpha Lupi chest piece, but if the other two are wearing quick res stuff, it should be ok.

Noticed if you use a defender Titan in trials some consider it as a joke... Troll... It's downright on the bottom of all classes for pvp

Drizzay where is your video of Fist of Panicking a Trials teams inside a defender bubble and wiping them out? :p

noomi

Gonna be a long weekend...

Should have leveled up Striker first if you wanted to go into Trials with titan. You have the weekend, grind away..

Yeah... leveling the subclass is going to take at least a week of bounties and dailies. Ah well....

I have all my weapons I can just transfer to him. With all the boons I'll only need 3 boons, I'll see if anyone is willing to try at least, but I don't want to inconvenience any teams with it.

Noticed if you use a defender Titan in trials some consider it as a joke... Troll... It's downright on the bottom of all classes for pvp. Will carry your ass on Monday lol

I'll definitely play with you on Monday, will use my hunters though :p

Drizzay where is your video of Fist of Panicking a Trials teams inside a defender bubble and wiping them out? :p

I'm not saying that I would recommend playing with a Defender Titan, super is pretty useless in Trials. But the Suppressor grenades are good and...ah who am I kidding :p

But it is certainly doable to get at least the boots.

Kyoufu

Two things I hate about the Bone controller: The bumpers. There is a special circle in Hell reserved for them. The buttons and sticks are just unbelievably loud. I could wake up the neighbours with them.

Great Xurday for me!

Had to spend like 300 motes but I got:

Celestial Nighthawk
Skull of Ahankara
That 3rd Eye Helmet (Knucklhead) for my Hunter

Upgrade on my MoTM
Upgrade on my Ram
Upgrade on my Simbiote
Upgrade on my Blinding Helmet (forgot the name!) Edit: Saint-14!

Rhaegar

Two things I hate about the Bone controller: The bumpers. There is a special circle in Hell reserved for them. The buttons and sticks are just unbelievably loud. I could wake up the neighbours with them.

I actually do wake up my infant with them. Frequently. :-/

Deku Tree

Great Xurday for me!

Had to spend like 300 motes but I got:

Celestial Nighthawk
Skull of Ahankara
That 3rd Eye Helmet for my Hunter

Upgrade on my MoTM
Upgrade on my Ram
Upgrade on my Simbiote
Upgrade on my Blinding Helmet (forgot the name!)

You forgot the name of the best exotic helmet in the whole game?

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Man I want that read death but I think I have to not be dumb and take the 20 light upgrade on the Peregrine Greaves, will take me from 26 to 28

Decided to buy Peregrine Greaves even though I already got it from NF this week due to the high Int roll that is 20 points better.

I had enough motes for 1 Helm engram. One!

*Boom* Celestial Nighthawk. Thanks Xur and Rahool! Just what I wanted.

RemiLP

I'm really not too keen on The Division's "loot other people and even betray your own group" mechanisms. While it's all fine and dandy on the paper, I fear it will lead to a nasty and toxic community, at the opposite spectrum of the light-hearted and welcoming community of Destiny, shaped this way because there's no real way to troll other people in the game...
I will keep on eye on it, but I'm wary of this.

You are probably spot on regarding the toxic community.

I used to play a different MMO, Runescape (yes, i know), and it also had an area where everyone could attack eeveryone, and if u died, u would lose all the items u had with u and the guy that killed u could pick it up.

The community there is incredible toxic. There was this whole pvp vs pve players hate going on in the game at all times.

It also created pvp clans that fought each oother with an intense rivalry. I was part of a top pvp clan for like 6-7 years. Hacking of clan forums, ddosing communication tools, rl threats, everything u can imagen was happening all the time.

And because of the rivalrys, nobody wanted to lose, so in clan fights everyone kept returning to the fight, so the the worst they would last up to 24h.

Now the clan world is pretty much dead in the game bbecause of the horrible community....

That being said, it does make for an interesting and unique experience where u will make strong connections to the people u play with. I played runescape for almost a decade because of the people and clans i were apart of. So i personally cant wait for the Division :)

PuMa

Definitely agree. I can't stand the feel of the face buttons and really don't like offset sticks either.

I'm really not too keen on The Division's "loot other people and even betray your own group" mechanisms. While it's all fine and dandy on the paper, I fear it will lead to a nasty and toxic community, at the opposite spectrum of the light-hearted and welcoming community of Destiny, shaped this way because there's no real way to troll other people in the game...
I will keep on eye on it, but I'm wary of this.

The Division is the most Destiny-like game out there. I have high hopes for it and previews are intrigueing, but I seem to like it less and less each time they show it.

The game just had its 3rd E3 and still looks like it needs more time in the oven. The polish just isn't there. It doesn't help that details on game systems and mission sttictures are just slowly creeping out.

Guess we will fins out soon enough.

Rubenov

I used to play a different MMO, Runescape (yes, i know), and it also had an area where everyone could attack eeveryone, and if u died, u would lose all the items u had with u and the guy that killed u could pick it up.

The community there is incredible toxic. There was this whole pvp vs pve players hate going on in the game at all times.

It also created pvp clans that fought each oother with an intense rivalry. I was part of a top pvp clan for like 6-7 years. Hacking of clan forums, ddosing communication tools, rl threats, everything u can imagen was happening all the time.

And because of the rivalrys, nobody wanted to lose, so in clan fights everyone kept returning to the fight, so the the worst they would last up to 24h.
Dang, as a pvp'er, this sounds kind of awesome (minus the rl threats). Fights to the death!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom