• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent over 200 motes to get the Ram. No luck.

I told myself I'd only buy 4 engrams looking for it...

9HZUtpQ.jpg

Of course I wasted another 3 engrams pushing my luck for Nighthawk. Now the question is if I can max it out in time for Trials. It's probably the only HoW exotic armor or weapon that'll get heavy use going forward.

Edit: damn page top, I wasn't prepared for this but at least it already has a pic. Now to check the archives...

ToO: Win or go home.
Apologies to rafael and Wesley :-/

CIbkzj2UwAAAzEz.jpg:large

Damn you to hell

<3

But really is Red Death as good as it looks? I prefer burst guns for pvp generally but very new to destiny.

Either one would be my first exotic.

If you only have coins for one item, prioritize armor so you can level up.

Also, you can do weekly for upto 9 coins and grind lvl 28 poe for 4-5 coins each run.

Nuszka

Bungie is advertising that the new classes are necessary to take oryx down, that currently guardians are not strong enough. If in the new raid I will se everyone running defender or sunsinger that would be pretty funny

Welcome back. You should start off by doing the story missions, lvl 28 poe and then lvl 32 poe so that you can get your toons to 33. Then attempt lvl 34 poe to get yourself some etheric light and upgrade your existing stuff and get to level 34. Plenty of players on gaf so should not be hard for you to find team mates for those activities.

Will do! Thanks!

Deku Tree

Bungie is advertising that the new classes are necessary to take oryx down, that currently guardians are not strong enough. If in the new raid I will se everyone running defender or sunsinger that would be pretty funny

It's gonna be hard to replace defensive supers with offensive supers in Raids for sure.

I call bullshit on that. They may help, but no way Bubbles and Self Res won't find a place.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't imagine a blinding bubble not being useful, unless the Saint-14 doesn't get an upgrade and using it puts you at a severe level disadvantage.

phen0m24

Damn you to hell

<3

But really is Red Death as good as it looks? I prefer burst guns for pvp generally but very new to destiny.

Either one would be my first exotic.

OK here goes.

Red Death is BEASTLY in PVP. It is THE Thorn counter. Two burst kills.

Armor is a dime a dozen. I mean, if you do your Nightfall and weeklies, and turn in some bounties, you can pick the boots you want. If you do a couple raids or POE, you might grab some boots as well - with an armor core. There are people here that have been PINING for Red Death. We may pine for an armor piece like Praxic Fire, or a specific helmet, but boots? Not even close. The Greaves increase shoulder charge - while in mid-air. When will you use that? Noooooooooooot likely. Know what I mean? Meanwhile Red Death is MADE for PvP. You get a kill it refills your health. You can use it in PvE as well as it does the same thing.

My opinion? Get the weapon and grind out some marks for gear. Jump in a raid or PoE.

:)

Edit: Look at me and DJ all going at it. COME AT ME BRO!
be gentle

Well hello there! Welcome to our little slice of neogaf :D

Feel free to send me a friend request, noomi85 on PSN

Hey! Thanks for the welcome! I'll toss you an invite when I get home tonight.

Noomi, I must admit, I actually remember reading the DGAF thread the day you got the Hawkmoon. Gosh, now I just sound like a creepy DGAF lurk-stalker...

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
If you only have coins for one item, prioritize armor so you can level up.

Also, you can do weekly for upto 9 coins and grind lvl 28 poe for 4-5 coins each run.

Thanks for the advice. Realized I had exactly 23 motes as well, and my first exotic is... Celestial nighthawk. Idk what that does but I'm a Titan so my head don't fit anyway :(

I wonder if TTK raid will be delayed 1 week like VoG was at launch.

I am expecting a fairly large overhaul of the progression system, coupled with a new subclass to level, it would make sense.

I told myself I'd only buy 4 engrams looking for it...

Of course I wasted another 3 engrams pushing my luck for Nighthawk. Now the question is if I can max it out in time for Trials. It's probably the only HoW exotic armor or weapon that'll get heavy use going forward.

Edit: damn page top, I wasn't prepared for this but at least it already has a pic. Now to check the archives...

Haha nice. Eternal warrior is pretty fun too. Had a quad kill last night in Clash when I rushed their heavy with Titan smash since they couldn't kill me. Felt good. I let them pick it up first so had 2 rockets and some mg's hit me.

noomi

Hmmm, perhaps some new mechanics we are not aware of yet? Bubbles and self rez are going to be useful though as always, good thing we can switch subclasses on the fly and adjust to fights when needed.

Can't wait :D

Hey! Thanks for the welcome! I'll toss you an invite when I get home tonight.

Noomi, I must admit, I actually remember reading the DGAF thread the day you got the Hawkmoon. Gosh, now I just sound like a creepy DGAF lurk-stalker...

Haha! I think that was back in like OT18 or something, it was a such a great day, god I was so happy :D

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptcnkwqEMbA

You can see me stop moving completely as I was just about crying on the mic. My character even does a weird twitch probably due to losing sanity :p

Noomi. Super. Fan.

NoomiSuperFan

LOL! I just spam the thread waaaaay to much :p

Definity

Think I'm going to spend the rest of my motes at a shot for the ram helmet from xur. It's really the only other exotic I want right now.

LiK

That would be annoying to force people to use the new classes for him. I'm sure people will figure out how to use the base classes.

Yesterday I was accidentally using the nighthawk in PvP and 4 kills flashed before my eyes so I used my super and after 1 shot.. I was an enemy pinata. If only they were all in a straight line haha

Ji66a-Man

I'm still in awe of Unstable's luck in this one session. His loot drops so far:
Black Hammer
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time
Praedyth's Revenge
Found Verdict
Corrective Measure
Timebreaker
VoG helm
Crota helm, chest, and HM ship
Oversoul Edict
Gjallarhorn
PoE chest
Ram (from exotic engram)
36 light helm from a legendary engram

This was just hype speak to give us a "reason" to obtain these new sub classes.

They can't just say that Guardians now have more stuff. They have to add a little story flavor to it.

Basically, you're just reading way deeper into it than you should.

Proof that RNG can be tricked.

Hunter gets both new titan and warlock helms, but no nighthawk :p

Yeah it definitely supports your theory. Of course now I can use it as an excuse to gamble a few more helmet engrams on other characters. I still have huge stashes of shards, etc. and most of my re-rolling needs are behind me, hmm...

Hmm peregrine greaves seems really worthless. But I'll have to get them anyways.

Get them, and then play the waiting game.

One day we're going to have a Nightfall that is Arc Burn, Airborne, and Brawler.

A single flying knee is going to do like 60,000 damage.

In PvP a flying knee can kill any guardian garunteed. Doesn't matter if they are in a bubble or have radiant skin.

ethomaz

Banned
Crazy facts happening to me using The Ram in Trials.

- Not getting down by the Thorn DoT.
- Not getting down by Shoulder Change.
- Not getting down by Golden Gun while using Frame Shield.

The last one was really fun... the Hunter guy was like "scared" after his shot do nothing and I go to his head... he didn't even shot again fearing The Ram (it give enemies nightmares at bed).

Crazy facts happening to me using The Ram in Trials.

- Not getting down by the Thorn DoT.
- Not getting down by Shoulder Change.
- Not getting down by Golden Gun while using Frame Shield.

The last one was really fun... the Hunter guy was like "scared" after his shot do nothing and I go to his head... he didn't even shot again fearing The Ram (it give enemies nightmares).

Can also survive any sticky grenade.

RemiLP

Dang, as a pvp'er, this sounds kind of awesome (minus the rl threats). Fights to the death!

It was awesome before. Massive clan fights with houndreds of organized people fighting against each other.. But its shit now :p

i would love if destiny had a patrol mode where u could attack other people, but i know most people would hate it.

LTWood12

The controller is just that good.

I'm still in awe of Unstable's luck in this one session. His loot drops so far:
Black Hammer
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time
Praedyth's Revenge
Found Verdict
Corrective Measure
Timebreaker
VoG helm
Crota helm, chest, and HM ship
Oversoul Edict
Gjallarhorn
PoE chest
Ram (from exotic engram)
36 light helm from a legendary engram

This is like that overly eager girl you date who seems really cool at first and is down for whatever, but in the end she turns out to be a nutjob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom