• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
red bull is going to make so much money. lol.

xur mocks me for missing the titan alpha lupi yet again. At least Peregrine Falcons are brethren to hawks and the boots should be fun to play around with.

4 engrams

Saint-14
Skull of Dire Ahamkara
Helm of Inmost Light
The Ram

RNGesus, why don't you love me? ;_;

Seriously, I'm switching my motes to one of my alts. Fuck me.

Knew it was fake from the moment they mentioned badass and Titan in the same sentence

681564.gif

I should probably do the same, sitting on about 45 etheric light at the moment. Nothing really worth upgrading though.

And I haven't even had 10 etheric light total :/

Picking what to upgrade is tough when the resource is so rare in my experience.
Only PoE 34/35 can guarantee it, and I haven't done that for 2 weeks.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Why does Bungie always make the latest PVE content always a level above max possible level?

How about making Skolas 34 instead and, I dunno, use more creative means to make the encounter challenging instead of lazily making the enemies OP? Being at a disadvantage is just frustrating. It's not fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If there were some form of Shard reconversion to get some fluid currency back out of them I'd be a lot less wary of engram gambling. But I don't really have the massive stacks of motes, coins and so forth that many of you do. I also really like rerolling stuff and level up lots and lots of different gear

helmet engrams are a bad bet. huge pool.

.....but I want celestial nighthawk soooooooooooo bad

I just want one... Don't even care about the stats

( -̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄◞ω◟-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )

ocean

Banned
Why does Bungie always make the latest PVE content always a level above max possible level?

How about making Skolas 34 instead and, I dunno, use more creative means to make the encounter challenging instead of lazily making the enemies OP? Being at a disadvantage is just frustrating. It's not fun.
Without the burns, surviving is pretty easy. Honestly, the higher level is a way to make enemies more powerful. Just like every game ever made, "hard mode" has enemies doing more damage and you dealing less of it. Whether they do that by making them 35 or calling them Wolfpack Vandals at 34 but with higher stats is the same thing, just a cosmetic difference.

It's a fight that requires tons of patience and coordination, but that's the whole point. It's supposed to be the most challenging activity. (Still think Templar legit is more challenging than Skolas though)

Nice! Have you guys matched up against any MLG pro mode top tryhard ToO teams so far? How much e-light do you have?

No, not really. Definitely some really good teams and a few 9th round clutches but none of the top teams. My only exposure was getting rekt by Invigorate with Rubenov and LT on Monday. Specifically this guy: 70 Kills in Crucible

I knew we were in trouble from the start:

KBlpgb.gif

But at least I'll always have this gif to remember:

vZaM08.gif

Then last night in Doubles me and Hudson matched against a top clan that I'd seen wreck Nghtly and the 13 Devils in sweaty Skirmish, beat them 4 out of 5 matches. As for how that one went, well...

I've got 26 ELight, but I've ascended so much crap. Every VoG and CE weapon (including 3 BHams), multiple armor pieces of every type for every class, random Crucible weapons like two BTRDs, an NL Shadow and an Ill Will that I barely use. I've ascended and sharded two Her Benevolences in the quest for the perfect roll. I ascend stuff just because the lack of a yellow border bugs me.

rNilla

If there were some form of Shard reconversion to get some fluid currency back out of them I'd be a lot less wary of engram gambling. But I don't really have the massive stacks of motes, coins and so forth that many of you do. I also really like rerolling stuff and level up lots and lots of different gear

Like trading them in to the Speaker for Motes? You aren't sitting on a fat stack of Newbie Raid Shards?

Lnkn52

Then last night in Doubles me and Hudson matched against a top clan that I'd seen wreck Nghtly and the 13 Devils in sweaty Skirmish, beat them 4 out of 5 matches. As for how that one went, well..

Damn, too good.

Edit: Also, having trouble looking for great PvP streamers. Not a fan of those that are constantly looking at chat.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Without the burns, surviving is pretty easy. Honestly, the higher level is a way to make enemies more powerful. Just like every game ever made, "hard mode" has enemies doing more damage and you dealing less of it. Whether they do that by making them 35 or calling them Wolfpack Vandals at 34 but with higher stats is the same thing, just a cosmetic difference.

It's a fight that requires tons of patience and coordination, but that's the whole point. It's supposed to be the most challenging activity. (Still think Templar legit is more challenging than Skolas though)

But why not emphasize the coordination and quick problem-solving instead of handicapping the player? I can think of of bosses from other games that have absolutely obliterated my ass over and over but the challenge was never tedious or exhausting because it didn't feel unfair or lazy.

Deku Tree

No, not really. Definitely some really good teams and a few 9th round clutches but none of the top teams. My only exposure was getting rekt by Invigorate with Rubenov and LT on Monday. Specifically this guy: 70 Kills in Crucible

I knew we were in trouble from the start:

KBlpgb.gif

But at least I'll always have this gif to remember:

vZaM08.gif

Then last night in Doubles me and Hudson matched against a top clan that I'd seen wreck Nghtly and the 13 Devils in sweaty Skirmish, beat them 4 out of 5 matches. As for how that one went, well...

I've got 26 ELight, but I've ascended so much crap. Every VoG and CE weapon (including 3 BHams), multiple armor pieces of every type for every class, random Crucible weapons like two BTRDs, an NL Shadow and an Ill Will that I barely use. I've ascended and sharded two Her Benevolences in the quest for the perfect roll. I ascend stuff just because the lack of a yellow border bugs me.

Nice!

I imagine that we are going to be able to trade two e-light for one mote of light or one e-light for 250 glimmer once TTK drops on 9/15/15.

I have 29 e-light and I have only ascended what I use regularly in end game PvE.

Frenden

Banned
I had four exotics drop yesterday. Two were No Land Beyond (I had one waiting at my postmaster after that community Crota run last night) for a total of three No Land Beyonds this week.

The last was Hawkmoon while grinding Dragons for Pilgrims (That's a sentence!). I've gotten eight Hawkmoon in the time it took me to get a single Gjallarhorn.

I'm convinced Monte Carlo and Fourth Horseman are a very elaborate joke played by the entire Destiny community solely on me. I'll probably only get those once Xur can sell them after exclusivity wanes. They're the only exotic guns I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom