• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't you do 0 damage on anyone 32 or higher? I forgot what the spread was before you start seeing "??". I think it was 5 levels but I could be wrong

Nah, it's not that bad. I remember taking damage from a 23 when I was a 32 in Iron Banner some time ago. 5 levels is PvE.

PvP scale is something like 3% less damage for every level difference. Which means his 1HKO weapons like shotties and snipers were probably STILL 1HKO weapons.

Edit: TOTP

jZ2PRDp.png

Anyone else find themselves unable to play games other then Destiny since it released? Apart from a few month or two breaks that I've had before new DLC was coming out I find once I am playing again it is pretty much all I can play. Stupid thing is all I am really doing right now and until TTK is trying to level a bunch of weapons to 365, not exactly exciting. Yet every time I try play something else I'm back on destiny within an hour.
Meh I load destiny only 2-3 nights for a few hours. I don't load it up to play for fun. Only to help people here and there. I don't care about ToO enough and I have everything expect for the exotic hunter boots. Don't grind bounties, dailies, weeklies and I have only beaten PoE 35 maybe 4x since I got all the exotic bounties the first 3x I did it.

LordofPwn

if i can somehow get the solar jewel from trials this weekend i'll only need to pop on for tuesday and xur day if he has what i'm missing. (bones of eao). until september that is.

Wouldn't you do 0 damage on anyone 32 or higher? I forgot what the spread was before you start seeing "??". I think it was 5 levels but I could be wrong

nope i even got kills and i was using an assault rifle i was basically the ultimate ToO troll lol. I provided Unstanble's stream with some great moments :)

I know Destiny 2 is a long ways off, but I want to know would we be able to transfer anything over (weapons, armor, light level, etc.)? If not, how you do guys feel about basically starting over?

As much as I want to keep all my hard earned shit, I really hope Destiny 2 is such a massively improved game, that is to say a quite fundamentally different game, that bringing all the old content over wouldn't be realistic. I want large living worlds and strikes that feel more like raids and a loot system thats less reliant on rng, and a gear system thats more customizable, and etc etc etc.

But if its largely the same game, then yeah carry everything over and just add much more to it.

I really hate that Trials is Fri-Mon. I haven't been able to play it since week 1 and don't anticipate a time I can play in the future. I miss out on so much loot and Etheric Light. Very frustrating. Jealous of everyone getting to play.

Mercury get, thanks Tears and Blaze!
Unfortunately
not really
achieved by winning against a Dutch friend - GG to those guys (I know you read GAF).

YRQF9gvl.jpg

6th Horn, sharded it, will trade my 5th for Red Bull code XD

Mindlog

I wish Bungie would create some even higher tier of ToO that's all about bragging rights and not loot.
Close matches between talented teams are really fun to watch.

Anyone up for some Trials? I pretty seriously want to make it to 5 wins x2. I'm average-ish. Have 365 weapons and am 34. Haven't made it to lighthouse, but I've gone 9-1 x2.

PSN - rolyreyes

Ran Trials of Osiris for the first time with two friends today. First card we lost 3 games immediately. Wasn't really feeling the mode but we decided to give it another try. Won two, lost two, then we suddenly just found our groove, started racking up the wins. We always ran outside and engaged the enemy from there or tried to attack them from multiple entry points when they hunkered down inside. My friend said going inside was the recommended strategy for the map but we just kept going outside and it worked. We got win after win, climbing the ladder and jumping for joy at the rewards on each tier. We knew 9 wins wouldn't bring anything so we aimed for that golden 8.

At 7 wins we encounter a brutally smart team that knew when to hold the inside and when to flank us. It was neck and neck until we were both at 4 wins. Final round, it turns into this desperate struggle to come out on top with supers bring dropped left and right, and we managed to have the last man standing. I saved the video clip because the PS4 records the last 15 minutes of footage. Does anyone know if there's a way to edit the video and cut out the stuff that happened before and after that crazy last fight?

Frenden

Banned
How is The Conduit? Worth leveling up for when I need the exotic slot for something else and can't use red death?

ADS/equip speed and aim assist are good, but the recoil direction is a bit poor for a higher RoF, lower impact Pulse. If you like that tier of PRs, take a look at the vendor 55A Allfate.

Kurumi

Everytime...on the losing side in the crucible. What did I do to deserve this? Bungie please. If it's something I did I'm sry. Just give me good teammates for the love of god. I beg you.

Ran Trials of Osiris for the first time with two friends today. First card we lost 3 games immediately. Wasn't really feeling the mode but we decided to give it another try. Won two, lost two, then we suddenly just found our groove, started racking up the wins. We always ran outside and engaged the enemy from there or tried to attack them from multiple entry points when they hunkered down inside. My friend said going inside was the recommended strategy for the map but we just kept going outside and it worked. We got win after win, climbing the ladder and jumping for joy at the rewards on each tier. We knew 9 wins wouldn't bring anything so we aimed for that golden 8.

At 7 wins we encounter a brutally smart team that knew when to hold the inside and when to flank us. It was neck and neck until we were both at 4 wins. Final round, it turns into this desperate struggle to come out on top with supers bring dropped left and right, and we managed to have the last man standing. I saved the video clip because the PS4 records the last 15 minutes of footage. Does anyone know if there's a way to edit the video and cut out the stuff that happened before and after that crazy last fight?

Great job, sounds like some exciting games! Going inside can become a grenade and snipe fest, so outside strat is totally feasible. We had one match where we were 3-0 behind and switched it up to outside. Enemy team completely choked and we won 5-3.

In regard to your saved clip question: You can download ShareFactory on your PS4 and easily trim parts of the video, it works really simple. After that you can save the clip or upload it to Youtube.

Wait...What?

If you activate the shield relic on the central platform and begin shooting Atheon, you somehow destroy some key that would unlock the "Vault of Glass".

When fighting Atheon, once three members of the raid team are teleported to either Venus or Mars, have two of the team members open the vex warpgate for the appropriate area to allow the teleported players to rejoin you in your fight, and have the remaining player kite or lure Atheon up the stairs and towards the large doorway behind where he originally spawns.

Once he is up there and the teleported players have returned through the warpgate, have the player who holds the shield relic run all the way up and behind Atheon and shoot him in the back with the shield super, while Atheon has his back turned.

Optionally, a titan can lure Atheon underneath or closer to the doorway by using his/her bubble shield super.

While all of this is going on the other members should be killing whatever other enemies are spawning.

Rinse and repeat until "something happens"?

(Shooting Atheon apparently disallows this to be completed, so don't do it.)

Opens the Vault of Glass? WTF am i reading?

Edit: Sorry forgot the link https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/133698443/0/0

EL CUCO

Nah, it's not that bad. I remember taking damage from a 23 when I was a 32 in Iron Banner some time ago. 5 levels is PvE.

PvP scale is something like 3% less damage for every level difference. Which means his 1HKO weapons like shotties and snipers were probably STILL 1HKO weapons.

Edit: TOTP

Lol that's just for PvE.
Ahh that's right lol I played in IB as a 27 as well. Forgot about that. Loong work day
nope i even got kills and i was using an assault rifle i was basically the ultimate ToO troll lol. I provided Unstanble's stream with some great moments :)
Nice! Dying to a 27 in Trials will definitely encourage an early Destiny retirement lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom