• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syril

I was looking into the different ways that they're selling The Taken King and was interested in pre-purchasing the $60 Legendary Edition package so I would get the best price and have both the existing expansions while I wait for The Taken King to come out. Weirdly, the PSN store only seems to have the $40 standalone TTK for people who have everything already and the $80 collector's edition. Is there an issue with the store listing? Have they talked about this at all?

To be honest, the only thing that makes Fatebringer special is Firefly.

Hand Cannons are the hardest-hitting class in the game. Since Firefly damage is proportional to the crit that caused it, Firefly on a Hand Cannon does way, way more damage than Firefly on a Scout Rifle. Since a headshot on Tier-1 mobs is overkill with a HC, the residual Firefly damage is enough to kill any other adjacent Tier-1s.

You can kill 10 Thralls with 1 Fatebringer bullet. There is no other gun in the game which can do this. But we already saw some of the E3 weapons and Firefly was in one of the Hand Cannons. Just like HoW added Auto Fire to Scout Rifle perk pool where it was previously a Vision of Confluence exclusive.

Really, outside of Firefly on a Hand Cannon and White Nail on Black Hammer, there are zero old legendaries truly worth trying to keep. Everything else from past expansions can be re-made (and often improved) by re rolling identical archetypes in HoW.

We might wax nostalgic about Fatebringer, but if other Hand Cannons get Firefly it'll kind of stop being special. Still good, like how Vision of Confluence is still good, but nothing special.

For sure. That's why I hope they keep letting us Ascend in some fashion or another. I don't want to be bitter that they sunk the old gear, I want to be excited that I found something better. Let us Ascend, let us be nostalgic, let us find out for ourselves that we are just hanging on for no good reason.

I know Destiny 2 is a long ways off, but I want to know would we be able to transfer anything over (weapons, armor, light level, etc.)? If not, how you do guys feel about basically starting over?

zewone

Taking a cue from Borderlands there?

Even E3 Destiny had a bunch of loot fly out of enemies when you killed them. This is good news.

I mean, I've been to Mercury a number of times. And it wouldn't be such a problem if the Mercury weapons weren't, without a doubt, vastly superior PvE weapons that the Prison of Elders ones. I think it's fine having certain gear locked that you can only get from playing certain modes. But at least make all of it worth while.

Superior to PoE sure. Superior to VoG or even Crota's End? Not really.

Fatebringer is still king of Arc burn.
Visions if my preferred Solar burn.

The void choices before were severely disappointing so that's the only element people should really care about. But even then, it's hardly ever void burn and there's only one enemy in the game with a void shield.

So how 'bout dem Lightnin' nades

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWwfW1Bz1Ro

m86eG9.gif

I know Destiny 2 is a long ways off, but I want to know would we be able to transfer anything over (weapons, armor, light level, etc.)? If not, how you do guys feel about basically starting over?

I know the goal is for us to have the same "characters" but we don't know if that means same gear or just the same face or anything in between.

Personally, I'm going to have a hard time giving up:
  • 4 Raids
  • 2 Arenas
  • 28 PvP Maps
  • etc...

Especially if Destiny 2 vanilla is only going to offer less than half of all of that. I really hope that Destiny 2 just acts like a bigger version of Taken King. Give us more stuff without taking away the old. There's really no reason to throw all the old stuff out when it will still function perfectly well.

The only major change needed to to drop last gen support so there aren't as many restriction.

Shito

Superior to PoE sure. Superior to VoG or even Crota's End? Not really.

Fatebringer is still king of Arc burn.
Visions if my preferred Solar burn.

The void choices before were severely disappointing so that's the only element people should really care about. But even then, it's hardly ever void burn and there's only one enemy in the game with a void shield.
Oversoul Edict is a better choice for arc burns against hives.

I know the goal is for us to have the same "characters" but we don't know if that means same gear or just the same face or anything in between.

Personally, I'm going to have a hard time giving up:
  • 4 Raids
  • 2 Arenas
  • 28 PvP Maps
  • etc...

Especially if Destiny 2 vanilla is only going to offer less than half of all of that. I really hope that Destiny 2 just acts like a bigger version of Taken King. Give us more stuff without taking away the old. There's really no reason to throw all the old stuff out when it will still function perfectly well.

The only major change needed to to drop last gen support so there aren't as many restriction.

I agree. I hope it's just a big extension to where we are now.

bitsurugi

So those of you guys playing trials, whats the most common startup strategy? Do people just charge for the main building, or do people play the sneaky snake game outside?

Ahh, sorry. Destiny has been at E3 for 4 years running, wasn't sure which time you meant.

Did 2 whole cards and a half. Like 99% of matches were sniping and granadering from one side to the other. This map is worse then Pantheon for camping.

At least now Mercury is not needed at all. Got zip from the chest, and from losses i got 3 passages per loss, not sure if its farmable or there is a set ammount per character per week (9 as from the chest before patch).

Got a Thunderlord from the 6 pack, lol ><

ethomaz

Banned
Started a new card after another 2 matches...went 8-0.
Cool... we got on Mercury ;) now win that last one please.

should i use a TLW or Thorn for this map?
Me and Xo used TLW.

What I can say is that map is not focused on shotguns like the last one... you can kill before the shotgun-gun reach you.... there is snipers points too but you can avoid or use them.

I liked the map.

Anyone else find themselves unable to play games other then Destiny since it released? Apart from a few month or two breaks that I've had before new DLC was coming out I find once I am playing again it is pretty much all I can play. Stupid thing is all I am really doing right now and until TTK is trying to level a bunch of weapons to 365, not exactly exciting. Yet every time I try play something else I'm back on destiny within an hour.

Anyone else find themselves unable to play games other then Destiny since it released? Apart from a few month or two breaks that I've had before new DLC was coming out I find once I am playing again it is pretty much all I can play. Stupid thing is all I am really doing right now and until TTK is trying to level a bunch of weapons to 365, not exactly exciting. Yet every time I try play something else I'm back on destiny within an hour.
Pretty much only Street Fighter can pull me away from Destiny. And only Destiny can pull me away from Street Fighter. Kinda shitty since I've bought other games and have barely touched them.

ethomaz

Banned
Both have their uses, and it's really situational or dependent on what the other team is doing. If they're sitting back, use thorn. Rushing hard, use last word.
Bladedancer grenade + Warlock grenade (or two Bladencers/Warlocks works too) is a killed machine... the unstoppable combo for these sitting back.

BTW Hawkmoon is a better choice than Thorn in my opinion.

Shito

Pretty much only Street Fighter can pull me away from Destiny. And only Destiny can pull me away from Street Fighter. Kinda shitty since I've bought other games and have barely touched them.
This is me, with the only exception to this rule being Bloodborne for a sole run.
Starting to get really bored and frustrated by SF4, though: SF5 can't come soon enough!

Good choice of game.

That's the thing. I've got witcher 3 and wolfenstein:tob sitting there barely touched. I want to play them but when I try I just end up back on destiny grinding away lol. I think it might be that destiny doesn't require a lot of thought or concentration, I can just chill back and shoot things without worrying about following a story. Which for 30min sessions all the time is perfect.

This is me, with the only exception to this rule being Bloodborne for a sole run.
Starting to get really bored and frustrated by SF4, though: SF5 can't come soon enough!
Yeah I've put a good 25 hours into bloodborne, but that's nowhere near the amount of time I put into all the other Souls games. I really need to get back on that.

And Witcher 3

And Dragon Age

And a ton of other shit.

I find other shooters harder to play. They're just not nearly as satisfying.

Bloodborne and DA:I pulled me away for long enough though.

ethomaz

Banned
Coins on lose is the best thing happened to Trials.

Ok I'm up for some trials again :D I will use the worst class Titan * hate the grenades *

EL CUCO

dunno if i wanna do trials this week as getting mercury wont mean as much as it did last week when i was only level 27 :(
Wouldn't you do 0 damage on anyone 32 or higher? I forgot what the spread was before you start seeing "??". I think it was 5 levels but I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom