• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Nghtly has been running Her Benevolence with Hidden Hand and Unflinching and he was saying yesterday on his stream that those perks do essentially nothing for him. They have no perceptible effect. He doesn't recommend that people try really hard to toll for those perks.

Nghtly has been running Her Benevolence with Hidden Hand and Unflinching and he was saying yesterday on his stream that those perks do essentially nothing for him. They have no perceptible effect. He doesn't recommend that people try really hard to toll for those perks.

He was killing it with black hammer, skilled snipers like him and Unstable don't need aim assist.

Unflinching isn't that useful in any case.

blazeuk

I have a couple of good snipers with those perks but always go back to my LDR, ammo perks are much more valuable to me compared to some slight aim assist perks - spawning with low ammo isn't great anyway but suddenly lose a few games quickly and that slightly annoying low ammo count suddenly makes things much more difficult for you.

Ok, it's a bit early, but from now on I am available for Vault of Glass. Just let me know if we set a time, etc. I will be playing other things on Steam in the meantime as I already reached the weekly marks cap and I can't do anything

PSN ID: Figaliz. Warlock Lvl 28, complete noob. I can see messages or requests on the Vita, in any case

taimoorh

Guys looking at the Taken King Digital Collector's Edition on Xbone for $80. It says in the description I can start playing Destiny and the 2 expansion packs immediately, and Taken King when it's out in September.

Before I take the plunge, however, a few questions I'd be grateful for if answered:

- After Taken King, is there another expansion?
- If I'm planning to solo the game, how long till I level cap (daily 1 hour play)?
- I know firestrikes (mini-missions) has auto party, but are raids still friends only?
- Is the community helpful or mostly elitist like WoW where undergeared = kick?

The idea of Destiny always seemed exciting to me, but I don't want it to be a time sink like WoW or DOTA 2, where once I start a session I'm locked in for at least 50 minutes. I understand raids will obviously require 2 or 3 hours; hopefully I don't have to spend more time finding people for raids than actually doing it.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Ok, it's a bit early, but from now on I am available for Vault of Glass. Just let me know if we set a time, etc. I will be playing other things on Steam in the meantime as I already reached the weekly marks cap and I can't do anything

PSN ID: Figaliz. Warlock Lvl 28, complete noob. I can see messages or requests on the Vita, in any case

I'm going to add you on PSN and would love to go. Level 29 Titan, also a complete noob lol!

Guys looking at the Taken King Digital Collector's Edition on Xbone for $80. It says in the description I can start playing Destiny and the 2 expansion packs immediately, and Taken King when it's out in September.

Before I take the plunge, however, a few questions I'd be grateful for if answered:

- If I'm planning to solo the game, how long till I level cap (daily 1 hour play)?
- I know firestrikes (mini-missions) has auto party, but are raids still friends only?

The idea of Destiny always seemed exciting to me, but I don't want it to be a time sink like WoW or DOTA 2, where once I start a session I'm locked in for at least 50 minutes. I understand raids will obviously require 2 or 3 hours; hopefully I don't have to spend more time finding people for raids than actually doing it.

Community is very helpful, at least here on DGAF. Lots of elitists and assholes on LFG sites. Just post here and find partners for any activity. You will want to be within 2 levels of the recommended level for an activity to be playable. It is very challenging 2 levels down, but possible. People can and will carry you for fun.

Main campaign is about 6 hours to solo. Add a couple more to hit max XP level 20.

After that is Light Levels, from your armor.

You will need to get Vanguard to rank 2 and grind for Vanguard Marks to purchase Light gear. You can earn up to 100 per week. Gear is currently 75 marks for arms, chest and legs. 120 for helm.

You could be doing endgame content in a week with 1 hour per day.

Max level in 2 to 3 weeks with help doing raids and PoE.

- After Taken King, is there another expansion? I believe that's the plan.
- If I'm planning to solo the game, how long till I level cap (daily 1 hour play)? ~10-12 for the soft cap, ~20-30 for the hard cap. All guesses on those numbers.
- I know firestrikes (mini-missions) has auto party, but are raids still friends only? Yes.
- Is the community helpful or mostly elitist like WoW where undergeared = kick? This community is plenty helpful, but it all depends on what you're grouped with. Sometimes you just simply can't do the thing, if you don't have the appropriate itemization to get you through it.

Destiny may not be the game for you, since it has properties from both WoW and Dota plus other stuff that's designed to keep you in a feedback loop to keep coming back. I love it and it's a great game, but it certainly can be a time sink. Especially since the game encourages your time commitment by rewarding you with 3x the stuff if you have 3x characters doing the end game content on a weekly basis.

taimoorh

Community is very helpful, at least here on DGAF. Lots of elitists and asshiles on LFG aitrs. Just post here and find partners for any activity.

Main campaign is about 6 hours to solo. Add a couple more to hit max XP level.

You will need to get Vanguard to rank 2 and grind for Vanguard Marks to purchase Light gear. You can earn up to 100 per week. Gear is currently 75 marks for arms, chest and legs. 120 for helm.

You could be doing endgame content in a week with 1 hour per day.

Max level in 2 to 3 weeks with help doing raids and PoE.

Holy crap! No idea it was that quick! I am a sucker for good story quests in MMOs, though. Thanks for the quick update.

Holy crap! No idea it was that quick! I am a sucker for good story quests in MMOs, though. Thanks for the quick update.

There is still a grind to that. Endgame content for lvl20-26 is kinda meh, but stick to it and purchase your gear, hopefully get a lucky rng drop and the real fun starts at 27+.

It really depends on what you do, but one "thing" (be it a strike, a PvP match, Patrol bounty, or a mission) normally only takes 12-15 minutes a pop. Strikes will be a little more you first time and Nightfall versions will take double that, but I can normally jump on for only 20 minutes and still get something done^^

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Speaking of getting carried for fun, I would love to get an armor core out of 32 PoE at some point today if anyone is down to drag my ass through it.

Can shower you with red bull codes <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom