• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys looking at the Taken King Digital Collector's Edition on Xbone for $80. It says in the description I can start playing Destiny and the 2 expansion packs immediately, and Taken King when it's out in September.

Before I take the plunge, however, a few questions I'd be grateful for if answered:

- After Taken King, is there another expansion?
- If I'm planning to solo the game, how long till I level cap (daily 1 hour play)?
- I know firestrikes (mini-missions) has auto party, but are raids still friends only?
- Is the community helpful or mostly elitist like WoW where undergeared = kick?

The idea of Destiny always seemed exciting to me, but I don't want it to be a time sink like WoW or DOTA 2, where once I start a session I'm locked in for at least 50 minutes. I understand raids will obviously require 2 or 3 hours; hopefully I don't have to spend more time finding people for raids than actually doing it.
- The expectation is that there will be at least 1 more $20 expansion before Destiny 2 hits. Probably 2 of them if year 2 is similar to year 1.
- Not too long, a week or so, you can pick up bounties, play strikes and crucible for a little variety along the way.
- Raids are premade groups only but they should definitely be on your list of things to do if you want to get into destiny. Ask here, go on reddit fireteams and destinysherpa or join an active and casual the100.io group when you get there. We don't yet know if they'll change this for TTK, like add MM or ingame LFG, probably not though.
- Most of the communities are helpful, lfg sites can be elitist.

Although they have reduced the grind since HoW, Destiny can eat up time pretty quick. have a go if there's still a free trial to see if you like it, you can get a good idea from this. Your character progress will carry over should you decide to get the full game.
Oh and be sure to check out Hawkians beginner guides in the OP.

deadduck

Massive thanks to 2good4u2 and aarosev. Great Trials run.

Lose the boons on the first match.
A hairy 1-4 clutch comeback.
A 0-3 comeback.
Lots of self res warlocks.
Mercury!!!!!

Void scholar get!

:)

X-Frame

I know the Peregrine Greaves are incredibly situational, but the 1-2 times that I do end up OHK shoulder-charging a Bladedancer or Sunsinger in a match makes it all worth it.

Not to mention that look awesome, light up when shoulder charge is primed, and blades retract from the knees when jumping! Oh, and they change color with shaders.

ich00

Been on vacation all week, so my destiny playing has been limited, logged in this morning to do some xur shopping, 3 engrams later celestial nighthawk and eternal warrior are mine! Pokedex is down to just the hunter boots and dregs promise.

giphy.gif

OkayRene

The map is definitely better than some of the previous ones, gives you lots of options. The teams who camp inside heavy get wrecked :p

Playing with the Devils was an experience in its own. They were looking at twitch comments and replying to questions while shooting the other team, they made it look so easy. Both were sniping of course, and I could barely get any kills..just assists.

There was that one match though where I had more kills than both of them combined :p

We had maybe 2 tough opponents, but the rest of the teams were steam rolled. Noticed the same with unstable and drizzay, so felt like the competition has died down a bit.

I really liked playing with nghtly and GeneralMatsumoto. Trials usually gets me really hyped, but they were so calm, which made me calm and I was able to hold my own. It was a fun ride.

I know the Peregrine Greaves are incredibly situation, but the 1-2 times that I do end up OHK shoulder-charging a Bladedancer or Sunsinger in a match makes it all worth it.

Not to mention that look awesome, light up when shoulder charge is primed, and blades retract from the knees when jumping! Oh, and they change color with shaders.

They're great, much better than Mk. 44 Stand Asides, those boots serve no purpose.

noomi

Wtf am I getting controller lag all of a sudden?

I will try and turn and my character turn is delayed by like 3 seconds.

Is my controller going to shit?

Yeah same thing happened to my new camo controller yesterday, I think it's broken.

Analog movement is delayed. No idea about interference cause my other 2 controllers are working fine.

Had some issues with my old controller as well, couldn't run especially after turning corners. Hopefully, yours doesn't break down.

noomi

Maybe interference. I get lag when I have the controller under my desk.

Yeah same thing happened to my new camo controller yesterday, I think it's broken.

Analog movement is delayed. No idea about interference cause my other 2 controllers are working fine.

Had some issues with my old controller as well, couldn't run especially after turning corners. Hopefully, yours doesn't break down.

I play at a PC desk and I sometimes I keep the controller low under the desk when playing. I think I figured it out though... it might be my phones Bluetooth messing with the frequency or something.

I also have 2 launch day controllers.... So maybe time for new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom