• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Narmer:
484062.jpg

I'm so sorry, bro.
Is School of Hawk worth dropping my Space Magicians tag for? I suppose it is. Hail Hawkmoon.

I see you already know our catchphrase.

484079.jpg

Shito

Yeah. Raids are a lot more fun when not taken too seriously.
Yeah, we keep saying that but DGAF is such an awesome bunch of competent yet fun and laid-back people.
Without all you guys this game would be such a shell of what it is now.

Now that the sentimental stuff is done with, let's get to levelling up that shiny new Fatebringer, and never look back... <3

I hope rumours are true of new legendary HCs with Firefly in TTK. They may not be GOAT like Fatebringer with Outlaw and Field Scout too, but Firefly itself is enough to watrant a looksie.

OK, I'm feeling lost. Is there anything I can do to improve my equipment until I can do VoG? I can't farm more marks until the cap is reset and over 22 the daily gets too hard to play alone. Strike playlists for the base game also feel useless right now.
The basic goal is to get 4 pieces of armor from the vendors (vanguard, crucible, and the 3 factions) or get 3 and an exotic. You first need to get to rep level 2; definitely do vanguard, but you can substitute crucible for the faction of your choice. Buy the armor with vanguard and crucible marks. You may already know most of this, this aspect of the game has not changed much. However, what has changed is that in acquiring 4 pieces of armor, you will be level 32.

Also, before end of the day, it would be helpful you get 13 strange coins to buy a piece of exotic armor from Xur. Play the weekly heroic strike if you can (requires HoW) or otherwise run the 28 prison of elders (also HoW). I believe the OP has new character leveling guides that are still relevant, and I'm sure your questions have been answered at least 5 times before I was able to post this. Good luck!

ocean

Banned
OK, I'm feeling lost. Is there anything I can do to improve my equipment until I can do VoG? I can't farm more marks until the cap is reset and over 22 the daily gets too hard to play alone. Strike playlists for the base game also feel useless right now.
I peeked at your character and see you're level 28 with 232 attack blue weapons. Your best bets right now are:

1. Xûr. If you have the coins, he's selling an absolutely top tier Warlock chest now, which you shouldn't skip if you can afford it.

2. Prison of Elders 28. It drops engrams and weapon rewards like Dragon strikes and are less tedious. Sometimes it'll give you a treasure key which could net you great Queen's weaponry or even exotics.

3. Crucible! PvP has great chances of dropping legendary weapons. Plus, you get to work on your rep with Crucibke or some other faction. Goes a lot faster if you can do some bounties.

In any case, you're ready for VoG as is. 28 is not a bad level and it's easier nowadays with an experienced group.

Namikaze1

What the hell was Operation gorGONE, Todd?

I just saw the message. Would have joined if I had seen the message last night. I have notifications off and was busy with finishing Arkham Knight.

Magik

Have you farmed crucible marks yet? Aren't Legs and Arms 75 crucible marks each?

I would think you would buy 1 leg and arm from a Vanguard Vendor and a Crucible Vendor and than buy an exotic from Xur. That should increase your level quite a bit I think.

Hyun Sai

I hope rumours are true of new legendary HCs with Firefly in TTK. They may not be GOAT like Gatebringer with Outlaw and Field Scout too, but Firefly itself is enough to watrant a looksie.

Yeah, a friend of mine said that to me, he tried to "recreate" Vision of Confluence with current scout rifles, but no way, even with the full auto perk now available. There is always something off, rate of fire, stability, number of bullets, damage...

ocean

Banned
Tried to kill all gorgons.
Think you need to leave someone at Templar area to not wipe. He goes down to revive and repeat 2-3 times. Hyper tedious. Nothing happens when you kill then all :p

Could be totally confused saw this long long ago in raid secrets.

Ok... so I had this fellwinter:

Accu B/Shot Pack/SmallBore/Grenadier.

It was good. But the distance was not "bullshit level" yet.

So I re-roll and get this on first try:

Agress B/Shot Pack/Reinforced B/Rodeo.

I think it's already better than my first one. And it will cap distance. But rodeo... Urgh... not sure.

What do you guys think? Re-roll?

ocean

Banned
Ok... so I had this fellwinter:

Accu B/Shot Pack/SmallBore/Grenadier.

It was good. But the distance was not "bullshit level" yet.

So I re-roll and get this on first try:

Agress B/Shot Pack/Reinforced B/Rodeo.

I think it's already better than my first one. And it will cap distance. But rodeo... Urgh... not sure.

What do you guys think? Re-roll?
Bullshit range is more important than final perk. I say keep it.

Agent

Well, I just risked rerolling my Matador that had Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Luck in the Chamber but no Aggressive Ballistics since the impact wouldn't be as high.

After 7 rerolls I got Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Kneepads.

It rounds out my PvP collection of shotguns well. My other shotguns:

Felwinters: Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Reinforced Barrel/Final Round

Party Crasher: Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Smallbore/Luck in the Chamber

Time for the shotgun nerf to happen now that I got them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom