• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for scrubbing it up tonight Drizz. Thanks for getting me to 7 wins though!

Thanks Ken and Tokems for helping me get #8!

No worries buddy, still had a lot of fun matches and nice wins! I think my non-Gaf friend was falling asleep because he was playing a lot better earlier in the evening when we ran his newb friend to Mercury. I had some IRL stuff start breathing down my neck at the end there which never helps, glad you still got everything but the M-trip. I'll be around tomorrow night if you want to at least get the helmet on your Warlock, and hopefully as much past that as we can manage. :)

Edit: I was not prepared for this. But can't leave a page top barren, hmm....

Edit2: Re-post but who cares. We miss you already Zoba.

taJaJGJ.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What sniper? Great kills btw.

The Queen with a perfect roll.

Fallout IV is probably going to end up being my Game of the year. Don't see anything else I'm really going to get into except maybe Xenoblade X but import impressions haven't been nearly as good as the first game.

It's really weird, I started using Suros again in PvP and I'm doing a lot better than when I use Thorn. I tried for about 3 weeks to use Thorn and just never really did any better than average with it. But now that I've changed back to Suros I have 10-0 games in trials. I think a lot of people try too hard to use the "best" gun and get caught up in the meta, when really you should just use what you're good at. Thorn is still a beast though, but only in the right hands.

GhaleonEB

No worries buddy, still had a lot of fun matches and nice wins! I think my non-Gaf friend was falling asleep because he was playing a lot better earlier in the evening when we ran his newb friend to Mercury. I had some IRL stuff start breathing down my neck at the end there which never helps, glad you still got everything but the M-trip. I'll be around tomorrow night if you want to at least get the helmet on your Warlock, and hopefully as much past that as we can manage. :)

Edit: I was not prepared for this. But can't leave a page top barren, hmm....

Edit2: Re-post but who cares. We miss you already Zoba.

taJaJGJ.jpg

what happened with Zoba?

Ah, I see. Hope everything is okay.

I don't know any details and wouldn't want to "bump" the full conversation again anyway, but people can go back through the thread and read the posts already there if they want to know more (starting at 935).

He'd just been on my mind so I wanted to give a page top tribute in true DGAF fashion.

TBLFordy

Banned
Looking for some advice if that's ok, so far I've got the following exotics for my characters:

Warlock - Voidfang, Purifier and Praxic Fire
Titan - Saint14 and Ruin Wings
Hunter - Symbiote and Third Man

Now, I was wondering 1. Can I ditch one of my Warlock exotics as I think Praxic and Purifier are both Sun Bro items and similar-ish and 2. Am I missing something mind blowing and awesome for my guardians?

Ken

Looking for some advice if that's ok, so far I've got the following exotics for my characters:

Now, I was wondering 1. Can I ditch one of my Warlock exotics as I think Praxic and Purifier are both Sun Bro items and similar-ish and 2. Am I missing something mind blowing and awesome for my guardians?

Why would you need to ditch anything?

Most folks try to collect every Exotic, even if they are useless.

All the ones you have are good to great, so I would keep them.

Keep one copy of every exotic armor and weapon in the game. Sometimes they have excellent situational uses, or they perfectly complement some other legendary armor pieces you get, or a previously bland weapon gets a big buff in a patch, etc.

That said, all of the armors you listed are excellent, some of the best for each class. Other top ones you're missing:

Warlock: new Ram helmet gives ~20 bonus HP in Cruicble, pretty OP. Obsidian Mind is great for Voidwalkers in PvP and PvE, Light Beyond Nemesis is excellent for fast revives in 3v3 PvP modes like Trials of Osiris (both helms). A lot of nice Warlock armors honestly.

Titan: you have the two best PvE exotics but are missing the two best PvP ones- Armamentarium chest for double grenades and Crest of Alpha Lupi for fast revives with Intellect stat. Nothing else really stands out imo.

Hunter: you have two of the best utility pieces, for Gunslinger and Bladedancer respectively. Both chests (Lucky Rasberry and Crest of Alpha Lupi) are great in PvP. The arms Don't Touch Me are very nice in PvE, while the new arms Kherpi Sting are good for both modes. New helm Celestial Nighthawk is really nice for PvE only.

Hope that helps!

TBLFordy

Banned
Keep one copy of every exotic armor and weapon in the game. Sometimes they have excellent situational uses, or they perfectly complement some other legendary armor pieces you get, or a previously bland weapon gets a big buff in a patch, etc.

That said, all of the armors you listed are excellent, some of the best for each class. Other top ones you're missing:

Warlock: new Ram helmet gives ~20 bonus HP in Cruicble, pretty OP. Obsidian Mind is great for Voidwalkers in PvP and PvE, Light Beyond Nemesis is excellent for fast revives in 3v3 PvP modes like Trials of Osiris (both helms). A lot of nice Warlock armors honestly.

Titan: you have the two best PvE exotics but are missing the two best PvP ones- Armamentarium chest for double grenades and Crest of Alpha Lupi for fast revives with Intellect stat. Nothing else really stands out imo.

Hunter: you have two of the best utility pieces, for Gunslinger and Bladedancer respectively. Both chests (Lucky Rasberry and Crest of Alpha Lupi) are great in PvP. The arms Don't Touch Me are very nice in PvE, while the new arms Kherpi Sting are good for both modes. New helm Celestial Nighthawk is really nice for PvE only.

Hope that helps!

Awesome thank you! So essentially stop being weird and OCD and go down the pokemon route. Annoyingly I had Crest of Alpha Lupi for both Titan and Hunter but sharded as I never used them (despite playing a lot of PvP).

Waldini

Good God this Couldron map is crap.

Someone open the do... holy shit look at all those Grenades! Wait ... wait ... is that a Hunter Scatter-Grenade!?

O FUCK! GOLDEN GUN.

That. Times 10.

We played the same team three times in a row. Won all three times. After that, I received a Canary (bye bye 2x Win Boon and Loss Boon) several Baboons ... god. I really want that Warlock helmet. But 5 wins on this map is just too much

Good God this Couldron map is crap.

Someone open the do... holy shit look at all those Grenades! Wait ... wait ... is that a Hunter Scatter-Grenade!?

O FUCK! GOLDEN GUN.

That. Times 10.

We played the same team three times in a row. Won all three times. After that, I received a Canary (bye bye 2x Win Boon and Loss Boon) several Baboons ... god. I really want that Warlock helmet. But 5 wins on this map is just too much
I bought the Crucible helmet for my Titan with Quintessence Transfer (the Titan equivalent to Ashes to Assets) and when you hit a deployed swarm cluster with your flash bang, your Super fills in the same way.

Waldini

I bought the Crucible helmet for my Titan with Quintessence Transfer (the Titan equivalent to Ashes to Assets) and when you hit a deployed swarm cluster with your flash bang, your Super fills in the same way.

I know it's fun to glitch and have your Super fill up almost as fast as I can unzip my pants ... but ... come on? This is glitching. Play with fire and you are gonna get burned.

Don't know. Have a feeling Activision is gonna show the Taken King tommorow. Could pop up on the Sony conference though. Not sure.
Since Activision has no show again this year, Sony's conference is the most likely place. Microsoft would not give it a very nice place given how important Halo 5 is to them at this year's show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom