• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

I have to grind bosses for my first cypher. Has a consensus been reached as to which exotic is the best, or is it just preference?
Lord of Wolves is okay-ish for PVE, Queensbreaker Bow is okay-ish for PVP.
That's what I've heard, at least...

[EDIT]
Oh hey, top of the page...

SazbYJp.gif

I have to grind bosses for my first cypher. Has a consensus been reached as to which exotic is the best, or is it just preference?

Lord of Wolves probably because it looks cool and carries an insane amount of ammo.

Queen's Bow is weird but can be deadly in pvp in the right hands.

Dreg's Promise is...an exotic shard.

ajlian

Neo Member
So I beat every mission in the game but never saw the ending or got strangers rifle? Any ideas?

This happened to me on my first play through.
If you exit the final mission on mars before the countdown finishes you go straight to orbit and skip the ending. Try playing The Black Garden again and let the timer run out and this time you should get the ending followed by the cut scene where the stranger hands over her rifle.

ocean

Banned
After reading about Thorn being a a weapon corrupted by the Darkness I keep thinking how cool it'd be to get the original. It was called Rose.

Imagine a beautiful Hand Cannon with the inverse perk: instead of several ticks doing 7 damage to your enemy, you get several ticks doing 7 recovery when you land hits with it. Same stats, same feel. Just a different design making it look noble and that inverse perk.

Hedera

Well, this was a weekend of firsts. Beat Skolas for the first time last friday (and didn't get the ship or any elemental primaries), proceeded to play ToO for the first time since trying a couple of matches on the first weekend and managed to get 5 wins and snag the helmet on the first passage, and took a second passage to 4-0. Which is going to waste since I doubt I'll manage to play today...
I'm so jealous of everyone that got the helmets, they look so so good (except the Hunter one imo).

Doesn't seem like Skolas was worth the trouble though. Honestly if Bungie doesn't increase the rewards on that fight I'm still not sure if I'll ever bother with it.

Trial anyone?
I'm down to give it a shot if we can get a third. Something to do before I go to bed.
I'm so jealous of everyone that got the helmets, they look so so good (except the Hunter one imo).

Doesn't seem like Skolas was worth the trouble though. Honestly if Bungie doesn't increase the rewards on that fight I'm still not sure if I'll ever bother with it.
Yeah I'll probably do skolas one more time just for my last elder cipher and I doubt I'll fight him again anytime soon.

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Had a really fun time with some of you during Bethesda Conference last night, was chatting it up with you guys and also in unstables party chat at the same time and it was hilariously awesome.

Can't wait to do it again tonight :D

Good morning DGAF!

Had a really fun time with some of you during Bethesda Conference last night, was chatting it up with you guys and also in unstables party chat at the same time and it was hilariously awesome.

Can't wait to do it again tonight :D

What conference is on tonight?

Hedera

Yeah I'll probably do skolas one more time just for my last elder cipher and I doubt I'll fight him again anytime soon.
Haven't been able to get any Cypher yet despite doing level 34 pretty consistently (the Qodron week I only did it one time though). Don't really care about the weapons that much but I really want them for the collection. But yeah, Skolas seems to be a guaranteed way to get one.

ocean

Banned
Holy shit GAF is really losing it. Been here for a while (lurked for a few years) and even by our crazy standards, this E3 seems like particularly insane.

There's The Last Guardian confirmations, Shenmue rumors and even a junior "insider" claiming FFVII gets announced. We usually get a little of this of course but damn, the hype dreams of impossible announcements seem extra loud this time.

But more importantly:

Comet hype!

Holy shit GAF is really losing it. Been here for a while (lurked for a few years) and even by our crazy standards, this E3 seems like particularly insane.

There's The Last Guardian confirmations, Shenmue rumors and even a junior "insider" claiming FFVII gets announced. We usually get a little of this of course but damn, the hype dreams of impossible announcements seem extra loud this time.

But more importantly:

Comet hype!

The fact that nothing has leaked from the sony conference is insane. Lol

noomi

Spamming an old post again :)

In preparation for E3, we have started a custom group chat on twitch.

NeoGAF will most likely go down during E3 conferences, and this will allow us to chat with each other while we watch the conferences and also allow us to LFG while GAF is down.

The channel name is DGAF@E3, you can give me your twitch name and I will send you an invite to the chat. Once invited, you can also invite other users, so if I'm not around please feel free to invite anyone who would like to join.

Crude Guide on how to get into the channel (on the right side of the screen, first hit chat, then open the menu):

* only works on desktop/browser version of twitch
* to see the menu option you already need to be in someones channel/chat.

What conference is on tonight?

Schedule Here (there are a few today/tonight):

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/13/8771031/the-complete-e3-2015-livestream-schedule

But more importantly:

Comet hype!

Seems like a really good e3 so far, I just wish they would come to NYC just once, I would be all over that. Can't wait to hear what they have in store for us tonight :D

Spamming an old post again :)

In preparation for E3, we have started a custom group chat on twitch.

NeoGAF will most likely go down during E3 conferences, and this will allow us to chat with each other while we watch the conferences and also allow us to LFG while GAF is down.

The channel name is DGAF@E3, you can give me your twitch name and I will send you an invite to the chat. Once invited, you can also invite other users, so if I'm not around please feel free to invite anyone who would like to join.

Crude Guide on how to get into the channel (on the right side of the screen, first hit chat, then open the menu):

* only works on desktop/browser version of twitch
* to see the menu option you already need to be in someones channel/chat.

Schedule Here (there are a few today/tonight):

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/13/8771031/the-complete-e3-2015-livestream-schedule

Seems like a really good e3 so far, I just wish they would come to NYC just once, I would be all over that. Can't wait to hear what they have in store for us tonight :D

Thanks noomi. Oh wow all the big boys are on tonight. Couldn't sleep last night after seeing Fallout 4. TLG will give me insomnia if it happens.

Namikaze1

Happy E3 Day everyone! :)

Hope y'all are ready for games, the salt, the tears, the surprises.

It's raining over here where I live so I'll be inside watching everything.

Remember to use the DGAF twitch chat room if GAF goes down.

How about that Bethesda Conference last night? Fallout looks great.

noomi

Happy E3 Day everyone! :)

Hope y'all are ready for games, the salt, the tears, the surprises.

It's raining over here where I live so I'll be inside watching everything.

Remember to use the DGAF twitch chat room if GAF goes down.

How about that Bethesda Conference last night? Fallout looks great.

Yesterday was a great moment in gaming, everyone was so happy with the Fallout 4 announcement. I fully expect for the next few days to be just as good.

I am ready for the Destiny announcement tonight, I cannot wait!

I died from multiple kreygasms last night, Noomi. Dinklebot revived me but I'm not ready for today. Not ready at all.

Hahaha, so many awesome moments. All the people in the chat/unstables party chat made it that much better.

ocean

Banned
Best thing about E3 are the gifs

There's one where they take the tank scene from The Interview, add a Microsoft logo to the helicopter and blow it up with a tank round labeled "The Last Guardian".

Get either of the 3, they will end up rotting in the vault after a couple of days in any case.

That's my fear as well. Aside from the Horn, I rarely use any exotics that aren't primaries. I was leaning toward LoW, seems like the most interesting one. Though I do love using the Queen's pea shooter.

No matter what you pick I can tell you that you should grind the PoE 34 before reset because it's easy as hell.

I wish I had the time, but I'm stuck at work most of the day. And even if I wasn't, I'd probably focus on trying to get some PvP gods to help me complete the ToO passage I currently have at 4-0. :p

I didn't even get the ship after beating that asshole! And no elemental primary either! Did get the emblem and the shader (which looks cool on my main), and the exotic bounty, but yeah, disappointing after about 3 hours...

We were thinking of trying to coax you into trying a run if we could manage a time, but we don't want to pressure you. I know exactly how you feel about that fight...

ToO was interesting. I could only play yesterday and Gav was also online but not Dec. So Gav got a friend, Brunadas, to join us. We were actually getting some good matches and managing to win, which was surprising. Then Gamarra's team showed up... Still won 2 matches against them, but then they crushed us.

The helmet is kinda cool, but I just don't see myself using it... Obsidian Mind is kinda glued onto my character's head. :p I would've prefered the boots cause they look cool. Maybe next time.

Namikaze1

I'll try to join the party chat today. I'll be on watching nothing but E3 conferences all day. Microsoft's doesn't start for another five hours so I'll be playing Witcher.

Sigh im mad but mostly sad i cant play much and i finally had the night off and was finalky gonna do my first 35 PoE.Fast forward 2 hours at the Skolas fight we were doing good then all 3 of us got disconnected at the same time.Lost fireteam,lost skolas checkpoint and lost all hope of ever getting skolas done.:(

Dont know why it booted all 3 of us there really shou,d be a checkpoint for this sort of crap after wasting precious gaming hours dealing with an ungodly amount of adds in PoE.

Hedera

That's my fear as well. Aside from the Horn, I rarely use any exotics that aren't primaries. I was leaning toward LoW, seems like the most interesting one. Though I do love using the Queen's pea shooter.

I wish I had the time, but I'm stuck at work most of the day. And even if I wasn't, I'd probably focus on trying to get some PvP gods to help me complete the ToO passage I currently have at 4-0. :p

I didn't even get the ship after beating that asshole! And no elemental primary either! Did get the emblem and the shader (which looks cool on my main), and the exotic bounty, but yeah, disappointing after about 3 hours...

We were thinking of trying to coax you into trying a run if we could manage a time, but we don't want to pressure you. I know exactly how you feel about that fight...

ToO was interesting. I could only play yesterday and Gav was also online but not Dec. So Gav got a friend, Brunadas, to join us. We were actually getting some good matches and managing to win, which was surprising. Then Gamarra's team showed up... Still won 2 matches against them, but then they crushed us.

The helmet is kinda cool, but I just don't see myself using it... Obsidian Mind is kinda glued onto my character's head. :p I would've prefered the boots cause they look cool. Maybe next time.
Ah, yeah Brunadas is also very good at pvp I believe and good on you guys for beating Gamarra's team on a few rounds at least ;p

Did you buy Light Beyond Nemesis from Xur? It's a good alternative to Obsidian when your running Sunsinger.

As for Skolas I just can't spend the hours right now due to having exams. When that's over maybe I'll give it a go. The same goes for Trials because I really want those helmets!

noomi

Hmmm, so I hope that Bungie actually release some more info on this patch that will be changing Skolas tomorrow.

I imagine since most of them are at E3, we probably won't get anything until tomorrow morning-ish....

Deku Tree

Hmmm, so I hope that Bungie actually release some more info on this patch that will be changing Skolas tomorrow.

I imagine since most of them are at E3, we probably won't get anything until tomorrow morning-ish....

Patch would have to be today in order to affect Skolas at reset.

Any interest in doing 1-3 Lv34s sometime this fine EST morning?

It was unstable, myself, fig, colonelocorn, vaalbar and uh.... I forget who else. I think you can only have 8 people in the party chat though :(

I made a cameo appearance for like 2 minutes before going back to trying to help folks with Trials, lol.

Hopefully I can be around some today/tonight, especially for the Sony conference tonight for Destiny news. Can't wait for that.

Actually, let me do PoE 32.

Anyone interested in doing PoE 32 in say 40 minutes?

I'd be down for that. Let me know when you're ready to go!

I could do that first, then a 34 after with whoever should finish off my 2nd cipher... unless it's glitched... like my 3rd cipher... o_O

noomi

Completely off topic but the amazon pre-order for fallout 4 pip boy edition is available through amazon, I would get on it if you are serious about getting it.... who knows how long it will last.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YQ2KCWO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Pre-Ordered PC version myself :)

I made a cameo appearance for like 2 minutes before going back to trying to help folks with Trials, lol.

That's right, you said that unstable kept spamming you with invites while you were in ToO lol

Jinjo

Thinking about restarting my Titan. Don't like her look anymore. Should I do it GAF? I can obviously keep all the armor and guns but I'd lose my rep-levels obviously (the crucible, New Monarchy & Dead Orbit ones most importantly) But I can get that sweet Khostov and the starter class items again (will restart a Hunter first for the scarf). Not looking forward to struggling through the story again and levelling my subclasses but it should be easier with all the new bounties.

What you say GAF?

Lnkn52

Thinking about restarting my Titan. Don't like her look anymore. Should I do it GAF? I can obviously keep all the armor and guns but I'd lose my rep-levels obviously (the crucible, New Monarchy & Dead Orbit ones most importantly) But I can get that sweet Khostov and the starter class items again (will restart a Hunter first for the scarf). Not looking forward to struggling through the story again and levelling my subclasses but it should be easier with all the new bounties.

What you say GAF?

I think this says it all...
Not looking forward to struggling through the story again and levelling my subclasses but it should be easier with all the new bounties.

Think of ALL the Eris and HoW stories you have to do again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom