• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's seems like a good list to me. Could probably just add Fang of Ir Yut to it.
It's worth noting that VoG has a shittier drop rate than CE, though.

Also, made me realize that Abyss Defiant is probably a good idea for this week's PoE 34 / next week's PoE 32 boss... ^^

The Fang is awesome, but for most arc burns I just use Fatebringer, and when it's Hive Arc Burn I go oversoul edict (to penetrate the shields). So I never use the Fang.

Top of the page! This is totally gonna happen today:

tumblr_mhlopyJWZE1qdqlkxo1_500.gif

Rubenov

It did? When?

it got a range nerf when Bungie eliminated the best middle perk, then the overall hand cannon accuracy and range nerf hit it pretty hard. Thorn only got 1 nerf(overall hand cannon), but then it got buffed twice and now outshines almost everything else.

Shito

The Fang is awesome, but for most arc burns I just use Fatebringer, and when it's Hive Arc Burn I go oversoul edict (to penetrate the shields). So I never use the Fang.
I'm still missing FB and the Fang, so I wouldn't know, but I would probably play it this way as well, yeah. ^^
Still, if all he wants is elemental primaries, I'd say doing hard CE is a best investment time-wise, as the drop rate is better. And switching to hard VoG after he has a few of them already, to get the "better versions"...

noomi

It got a range nerf that all hand cannons got, but they also removed Send It on it and just left Hammer Forged. It got a double range nerf. :/

I never knew the awesome range of the hawkmoon sadly, I got mine a few weeks after the HC range nerf *tear*

I heard it was like a sniper

ethomaz

Banned
Guys I need a good Legendary Rocket Launcher to use in PVP... proximity tracking is essential.

Hunger of Crota is terrible for that.

Top of the page! This is totally gonna happen today:

tumblr_mhlopyJWZE1qdqlkxo1_500.gif

Fang is awesome for PvP.

I used mine for Trials with the marking perk exclusively until I got my 2HKO Messenger.

ocean

Banned
Yeah I definitely need to run Crota this week if it has better drop rates than VoG. Not getting Fatebringer wounds me.
Heroic Crota will drop a primary roughly 1/2 times you kill him. 1/3 at the very worst.

Word of Crota was often shat on but it's pretty good. Lower impact than Fatebringer, but faster firing. Pop explosive rounds for a 50% boost to body shots. The Fang is excellent too, but shares an element with the Primary to Rule them All: the bringer of fate.

phen0m24

Guys I need a good Legendary Rocket Launcher to use in PVP... proximity tracking is essential.

Any can be re rolled.

I vote for Ash Factory (max blast radius), but Dreamwaker is great too.

PvP roll of:
Tripod
Javelin
Grenades and Horseshoes

For the Win!
Except when I die before shooting all my rockets lol

MrMuscle

Ok... best ones:

1) Fatebringer - The best (Templar, Hard, VoG)
2) Vision of Confluence - The second best (Atheon, VoG)
3) Vex Mythoclast - For crucible mostly (Atheon, Hard, VoG)
4) Oversoul Edict - For hive arc burn (Abyss, Hard, CE)
5) Abyss Defiant - For wizards (Bridge, Hard, CE)
6) Word of Crota - For void burn (Crota, Hard, CE)

Edit: I'm probably forgetting some.

I really like Fang of ir yût as well.

http://planetdestiny.com/fang-of-ir-yut-review/

rNilla

I think I only need one more win to get the Titan helmet if I can get two people to join. I have a 3-2 card but I'm pretty sure I have the two win boon.

I'm still missing FB and the Fang, so I wouldn't know, but I would probably play it this way as well, yeah. ^^
Still, if all he wants is elemental primaries, I'd say doing hard CE is a best investment time-wise, as the drop rate is better. And switching to hard VoG after he has a few of them already, to get the "better versions"...

You should totally get to work on that fang, hm crota is pretty easy from the look of it

ich00

I used the Dead Orbit vendor one for a while before I picked up a Tomorrow's Answer from trials. That one has all the good PvP perks out of the box.

Just wanted to say that I ran into someone on the Xbox side who said they and others really appreciate Zoba's work for the Destiny community and wanted me to relay that. <3

Shito

You should totally get to work on that fang, hm crota is pretty easy from the look of it
Yeah, as I'm also missing Word of Crota as well.
It's just that these past weeks I've been prioritizing HoW content (I don't have that many hours in the week to play all the content on 3 characters anymore ^^), but I intend on doing some work on the VoG and CE weapons I'm missing once I'm satisfied with my ascended gear / find the occasion to.
I haven't played a lot of raids still, but so far I was blessed with swordbreaker, black hammer, oversoul edict, abyss defiant, vision of confluence, found verdict and praedith's revenge in something like 6 runs total for both raids. Hoping that luck will prove useful once I start farming 3xHM templar each week... :D

ocean

Banned

You want something with good base Velocity and Blast Radius. At the top of the pack you have the Iron Banner launcher and the random Crucible drop Ash Factory. The Queen's rocket and the Trials of Osiris one are great alternatives but also randomly dropped.

Close behind, with thee benefit of being sold by vendors, you have The Fear (FWC) and Exodus Plan (DO). Admonisher from New Monarchy has max blast radius but its velocity is so low that Javelin goes from being a nice perk to being a necessary one. Admonisher has potential to be the best of the vendor ones but it'll cost so many motes to get there that it probably isn't worth it. It's got one rocket and low velocity so making the most of it requires a perfect roll.

Next, the perks: ideally you want Tripod and Grenades & Horseshoes (proximity detonation). Tracking is unimportant and way worse. Proximity is by far the most important perk here.

If you get Javelin for added velocity or Verniers and Warheads for a boosted Blast Radius, even better. Don't even look at reload speed or stability. Tripod is less essential on rocket launchers with 2-rocket magazines like The Fear. Stuff like Radegast's Fury and Ash Factory with only 1 rocket in the mag really need Tripod.

If you want a standard, the gold bar of PvP rockets is Truth. It has Tripod, Proximity Detonation, extremely high blast radius and Velocity, and aggressive tracking to boot. Gjallarhorn is also great because it, too, has proximity and good blast/velocity and tracks (also has Wolfpacks that track as well).

If you still don't have a good PvP rocket remember that heavy ammo round in Trials is at a fixed moment. You can swap your exotic between rounds when heavy round is coming and equip Truth or the Horn without losing any time. Once you get a good legendary you can skip this step.

I tried this week but no luck. Hopefully it drops next week. My friend got it on his first kill AND a Gjallarhorn + Vex Mythoclast in the same run. I hate my life.

It happens. My first hard atheon kill got me Vex + Thunderlord. Fatebringer took a long time tho. Now I have 3 of that. :)

ethomaz

Banned
You want something with good base Velocity and Blast Radius. At the top of the pack you have the Iron Banner launcher and the random Crucible drop Ash Factory. The Queen's rocket and the Trials of Osiris one are great alternatives but also randomly dropped.

Close behind, with thee benefit of being sold by vendors, you have The Fear (FWC) and Exodus Plan (DO). Admonisher from New Monarchy has max blast radius but its velocity is so low that Javelin goes from being a nice perk to being a necessary one. Admonisher has potential to be the best of the vendor ones but it'll cost so many motes to get there that it probably isn't worth it. It's got one rocket and low velocity so making the most of it requires a perfect roll.

Next, the perks: ideally you want Tripod and Grenades & Horseshoes (proximity detonation). Tracking is unimportant and way worse. Proximity is by far the most important perk here.

If you get Javelin for added velocity or Verniers and Warheads for a boosted Blast Radius, even better. Don't even look at reload speed or stability. Tripod is less essential on rocket launchers with 2-rocket magazines like The Fear. Stuff like Radegast's Fury and Ash Factory with only 1 rocket in the mag really need Tripod.

If you want a standard, the gold bar of PvP rockets is Truth. It has Tripod, Proximity Detonation, extremely high blast radius and Velocity, and aggressive tracking to boot. Gjallarhorn is also great because it, too, has proximity and good blast/velocity and tracks (also has Wolfpacks that track as well).

If you still don't have a good PvP rocket remember that heavy ammo round in Trials is at a fixed moment. You can swap your exotic between rounds when heavy round is coming and equip Truth or the Horn without losing any time. Once you get a good legendary you can skip this step.
It is a good advice... thanks.

I will wait IB to reroll my Radegast's Fury while that I will try to reroll the queen's launcher.

Shift RL at the round is just not may way to do that :( and I need primaries exotics in PVP.

@Ruthless: I'm gonna peace out for a little while but just shoot me a message if you can't find a 3rd to run PoE 35, I don't imagine that'll be a problem.

Fun PoE runs Nami, Capt Science and Ruthless! I like PoE for what it is but I think they missed the "replayability boat" pretty badly. I mean Lv35 is identical except for Skolas, even if the tweaks this coming week are significant it still gets dull running the same 5 rounds up to him.

The real question is how much activity levels here will die down before Taken King. It happened before TDB and it reeeally happened before HoW, fingers crossed this dry spell will be better but I'm worried it might be as bad or worse.

It is a good advice... thanks.

I will wait IB to reroll my Radegast's Fury while that I will try to reroll the queen's launcher.

Shift RL at the round is just not may way to do that :( and I need primaries exotics in PVP.

You can reroll Radegast's Fury right now with the Gunsmith. Just to add in case ppl forgot, Field Scout on an old RFury will give it 2 in the mag instead of 1.

Yeah either will do...

Need one more for Skolas.

Probably bringing my Hunter since he got glitched out of a cipher last week.

Shito

;__;

He needs to back.
I guess he's seeing Destiny and GAF as a distraction holding him back in whatever journey he has to go through. I'm sad as well to see him leave like that, but if he's feeling like it's a step he has to make to eventually get better, I can only support this choice and hope it will work for him in the end.

Sony's conference is at 2am for me... :(

I guess I'll play catch up with that one.
3am for me.
Will sleep and look at it on the morning, hoping to see some good Destiny info in it. ^^

@Ruthless: I'm gonna peace out for a little while but just shoot me a message if you can't find a 3rd to run PoE 35, I don't imagine that'll be a problem.

Fun PoE runs Nami, Capt Science and Ruthless! I like PoE for what it is but I think they missed the "replayability boat" pretty badly. I mean Lv35 is identical except for Skolas, even if the tweaks this coming week are significant it still gets dull running the same 5 rounds up to him.

The real question is how much activity levels here will die down before Taken King. It happened before TDB and it reeeally happened before HoW, fingers crossed this dry spell will be better but I'm worried it might be as bad or worse.

Will do, thanks drizzay.

Yeah I probably won't do a lot of prison stuff next week onward. Just don't see the point in it. Maybe when Variks sells some armor with decent stat rolls.

I'm doing the earth queen bounties if you want to join me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom