• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is too good:

hype-gif3kopp.gif

Top of the page again! I'm on a roll!

Deku Tree

The real question is how much activity levels here will die down before Taken King. It happened before TDB and it reeeally happened before HoW, fingers crossed this dry spell will be better but I'm worried it might be as bad or worse.

I think July and August are gonna be a very slow period for DGAF. Not that much left to grind for... for most folks.

I'll stick around and keep doing my NF&Weeklies and PoE and maybe some random "for fun" Crucible.

But I'm not really into the "hardcore" PvP of ToO.

Trakan

Make Thorn a three shot headshot.

Remove the 111 damage from TLW.

Boom hand cannons are balanced for PvP. Hawkmoon relies on RNG to 2 or 1 shot someone so just leave it alone.

Slow down Thorn's ROF to Hawkmoon's. Remove 111 damage bug from TLW. Give a slight range nerf to all 3 exotic handcannons. Hawkmoon can stay as is otherwise. I think that'd make the game a lot better.

Shotguns are fine. They still require "some" skill. Not everyone can be a beast with them.

What? Shotguns don't require skill in the slightest.

I think July and August are gonna be a very slow period for DGAF. Not that much left to grind for... for most folks.

I'll stick around and keep doing my NF&Weeklies and PoE and maybe some random "for fun" Crucible.

I'll admit, I'm not sure what I'm going to do in about a week after I have my Grimoire maxed.

It's kind of been a bit of a guide of what to do when I don't have anything specific on my mind.

What? Shotguns don't require skill in the slightest.

A bad shotgun user is still pretty good. A Great Shotgun user is a fucking beast. Same as Thorn really.

Rubenov

I'll admit, I'm not sure what I'm going to do in about a week after I have my Grimoire maxed.

It's kind of been a bit of a guide of what to do when I don't have anything specific on my mind.

You can always improve your PvP stats at destinytracker. Gives you an idea of your weakest points as well.

Anyone been doing ToO today?

I really need to run it again and try for the helm. Just curious if the tryhards are still making it hard for us regular folks.

Dave_6

So I finally got Revenant today. It looks super sleek on the Titan ToO set + mark. I feel like Thorn is the only appropriate weapon to match with it as well...

Looks awesome! I've got the shader and the helmet, just need the rest of the armor lol.

Hyun Sai

After a while I honestly prefer using the Fang of Ir Ut to the Fatebringer in PVE. The great range, RoF, impact, stability on top of that radar when ADS. I pretty much only bring the Fatebringer for the first part of Crota End.

In fact, outside of some specific encounters, my general PVE setup is Scout rifle (Vision of Confluence / Fang or Ir Ut), Shotgun, Rocket Launcher.

You can always improve your PvP stats at destinytracker. Gives you an idea of your weakest points as well.

My weakest PvP stats on Destiny Tracker are my Assists, and Orbs picked up.

Not really something I can easily set out to work on. I mean, I'm not saying I don't have room for improvement. I'm ALWAYS trying to better myself, but if I spend time actively trying to do that, I burn out.

Shito

Heh, never cared to take a look at this: I'm like top ~80% everywhere, except for...

Code:
K/D     Top 29%     #152928     1.26
K+A/D	Top 24%     #125181     1.70
... the stat everybody likes to brag about.

noomi

So I finally got Revenant today. It looks super sleek on the Titan ToO set + mark. I feel like Thorn is the only appropriate weapon to match with it as well...

Congrats Drizz! Looks great, there seems to be a lot more of the faction shaders dropping lately, good stuff ;)

I'm hoping that ToO participation will die, so that I can run it without getting throttled every match... lol. :D

LTWood12

Planet Destiny posted an informative video regarding aim assist & the hidden hand perk. What aim assist actually does, what it looks like, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WIVLXxfPFM

Personally learned quite a bit. I'm way to cautious on the trigger, especially w/ sniper rifles. I didn't realize your reticle could be completely off of the target's head by that much but it still register a hit.

ich00

The real question is how much activity levels here will die down before Taken King. It happened before TDB and it reeeally happened before HoW, fingers crossed this dry spell will be better but I'm worried it might be as bad or worse.

I've been playing Destiny since launch and I'm really now at the point where it's losing its luster. I've gathered up most exotics and need one more ToO helmet and 2 set of boots. Other than working on improving my PvP game, there's not a whole lot left to do. I can totally see my play time decreasing significantly over the next few months in a lead up to the Taken King.

Rubenov

My weakest PvP stats on Destiny Tracker are my Assists, and Orbs picked up.

Not really something I can easily set out to work on. I mean, I'm not saying I don't have room for improvement. I'm ALWAYS trying to better myself, but if I spend time actively trying to do that, I burn out.

I've been checking my ToO stats. That's where it's at. Carries have hurt me a bit... with my usual crew we just steam roll / go unbroken.

Has anything re: Destiny@E3 leaked?
feed me some rumors!

This goes from most likely to most suprising/wtf-worthy.

Easy Mode:
We're getting new subclasses

Normal Mode:
Gravity Bow (Hunter), Arc Storm (Warlock), Flaming Hammer (Titan)

Heroic Mode:
3 new Weapon types. 1 New Primary, Sidearms fully realized, Heavy "Ripple Laser" weapon.

Nightfall Mode:
Reach Space Battles are coming to Destiny

All text based rumors. No media to really confirm anything.

This goes from most likely to most suprising/wtf-worthy.

Easy Mode:
We're getting new subclasses

Normal Mode:
Gravity Bow (Hunter), Arc Storm (Warlock), Flaming Hammer (Titan)

Heroic Mode:
3 new Weapon types. 1 New Primary, Sidearms fully realized, Heavy "Ripple Laser" weapon.

Nightfall Mode:
Reach Space Battles are coming to Destiny

All text based rumors. No media to really confirm anything.

yes, yes, yes, YES!

2 out of the 4 will probably happen

I've only completed Crota for the first time last week. Since that HM run, I've done it twice more on normal (for the weapons).

I'm still having a bit of trouble with the lingo, which may have been unique to my group, but I just followed along not asking any questions.

Does everyone do the bridge by dying?

Who are the Boomers?

What is left-strat?

I also heard mention of Ogres, but I never saw any.

I'm only asking because I plan on running Crota regularly. I tried being the swordbearer once, but I wasn't able to get out of Crota's way fast enough (my timing was terrible and I should've bolted after the second swing).

I've only completed Crota for the first time last week. Since that HM run, I've done it twice more on normal (for the weapons).

I'm still having a bit of trouble with the lingo, which may have been unique to my group, but I just followed along not asking any questions.

Who are the Boomers?

What is left-strat?

1) it's a cheese method, I skipped TDB so I never done it the cheese way. Just follow them?

2) the two knights that spawn on the top left and right corners of the crota fight that shoots booming shots that kill you.

3) during deathsinger, you're supposed to run in and kill that purple explodey thing and a wizard. This needs to be done on both sides so people call which side they're going to in order to take down the deathsinger once the barrier goes down.

4) Ogres spawn during the crota fight if the swordbearer isn't that great and pushing the crota fight to the 3rd round where you have to kill two ogres to continue.

Who are the Boomers?

What is left-strat?

No, not everyone does the bridge by dying. It's a cheese tactic that takes longer, but has a more garunteed chance of success.

Boomers are a Hive weapon that fires a large Blue Arc mortar. In Crota's End these are usually Knights with ranges weapons. Other knights might have swords. Typically, when talking about Boomers for Crota, you are referring to the 2 very specific Boomers that hang out in the far left and far right towers adjacent to Crota himself.

Left-strat is the original Crota-Normal strat where everyone stay just outside that door, kills the boomers as need be, and generally hang out in that vicinity. As opposed to mid-strat/window-strat where everyone stand outside the window in the middle (this strat lets most people avoid boomers and is recommended for Hard Mode)

Ogres spawn after 2 Sword Bearers have been killed. Because of the current level advantage, it is likely you will not see them spawn.

Edit: Dammit

Who are the Boomers?

What is left-strat?

I'm only asking because I plan on running Crota regularly. I tried being the swordbearer once, but I wasn't able to get out of Crota's way fast enough (my timing was terrible and I should've bolted after the second swing).

1) Dying on the bridge and reviving after enemies de-spawn is a cheese. The right way to do it is fun tho. You really should get a group that wants to do it right so you can learn. There's ppl out there that only know how to cheese that part.

2) Boomers are the Knights that have a huge cannon weapon. Name is a Gears of War reference I believe.

3) When facing crota ppl have come up with 2 strats. Middle one (either window on hard or safe room below on normal) and left strat, where you stay on the stairs to the left during the whole fight.

4) After the first 2 swords, if Crota isnt dead, 2 ogres will appear.

Hyun Sai

3) during deathsinger, you're supposed to run in and kill that purple explodey thing and a wizard. This needs to be done on both sides so people call which side they're going to in order to take down the deathsinger once the barrier goes down.

The Left Strat is used on the Crota encounter, not the deathsinger, like Kor said.

noomi

The other day was the first time I had run Hard Crota in a few weeks. I was running the sword and was a level 34.

I had done it so many times before, and was not expecting to do so much extra damage to Crota. Probably could have gotten him down in the first sword if I timed it correctly, but I stopped because was afraid of enrage coming.

Never even saw the Ogres.... bastards never even had a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom