• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy E3 week DGAF! I hope everyone has a great week.

Also, can't wait to get off of work in about 5 hours for some last minute Trials.

Shito

Probably going to get beaten by other answers while I'm typing this, but hey... ^^

Does everyone do the bridge by dying?
A lot of people are doing it this way, now. It's the "cheesy" strat to do it, the legit way is to get everyone (or mostly everyone) to cross the bridge and fight the enemies there.
You should definitively try and find a group to do it legit with you at least once, it's a fun fight.

Who are the Boomers?
The knights shooting arc bullets at you, on the towers each side of Crota.

What is left-strat?
It's when everybody stays on the left side of the arena (when getting out of the crystal room), with one or two people sniping the knights, while the others are killing the swordbearer.
The alternative strat to this one is getting on the ledge in the middle, just in front of the crystal's room windows.
I find the "left-strat" to be more fun and easier to start with and understand the encounter...

I also heard mention of Ogres, but I never saw any.
The ogres will spawn every two swordbearers you kill, so if you can kill Crota in one or two swords, you will not see them. :)

I'm only asking because I plan on running Crota regularly. I tried being the swordbearer once, but I wasn't able to get out of Crota's way fast enough (my timing was terrible and I should've bolted after the second swing).
You should find a group that will let you train on running the sword, or join Hawkian's school (if he still does that?). Running the sword is the most fun I've had in this game, alongside being the relic carrier in VoG.

The other day was the first time I had run Hard Crota in a few weeks. I was running the sword and was a level 34.

I had done it so many times before, and was not expecting to do so much extra damage to Crota. Probably could have gotten him down in the first sword if I timed it correctly, but I stopped because was afraid of enrage coming.

Never even saw the Ogres.... bastards never even had a chance!

Same here. We did Crota hard on Saturday just for fun, and when we got to Crota we realized we didn't have a hunter. So I (Titan) ran sword on Crota hard. Took us 3 tries to get the timing down, and 2 swords by the end of it.

Definitely felt weird running a Sword as a Titan, I hadn't done that since before Hard Mode released.

My hopes and dreams for the Taken King DLC, specifically the raid.

The taken: New enemy type,
Zombified guardians. those that lost thier ghost were resurrected by Oryx instead of the traveler

New raid: Oryx is comming, you must intercept him before he reaches earth.

Phase one:

you come out of hyperspace into a space battle and must shoot down enemy ships. goal is to land in the hanger bay of an extremely large Hive Ship
Death star style

Phase two:

Fight in the hanger bay: like most of Destiny the goal here is to open doors to get into the ship proper. Some new machanic to do
im not a VG designer

Phase three:

Take on the taken. You are unable to kill them unless your ghost frees them of thier zombification. you need to have at least 2 ghosts attached to each taken to nullify them in order to damage them. If they are out too long without one of your ghosts attached to them, they were cast some kind of zombify on you and you will be under thier control.
for a brief time.

Phase four:

Take on Oryx, in order to do so, you will need to nullify his Taken guards the same way you did in phase 3, only this time you will send them after Oryx. Once they have done
something
, only then can you damage him.

Very crude I know, but just a rough daft of something I think would be cool. I think fighting on a giant Death star type hive ship and of course having the 1st phase be a space battle to get to the ship would be fucking awesome.

This goes from most likely to most suprising/wtf-worthy.

Easy Mode:
We're getting new subclasses

Normal Mode:
Gravity Bow (Hunter), Arc Storm (Warlock), Flaming Hammer (Titan)

Heroic Mode:
3 new Weapon types. 1 New Primary, Sidearms fully realized, Heavy "Ripple Laser" weapon.

Nightfall Mode:
Reach Space Battles are coming to Destiny

All text based rumors. No media to really confirm anything.

If these turn out to be true, I'll gladly buy it!

Ugh, the window is closing on Trials Helms this week. Didn't get to play last night like I was hoping and tonight isn't looking much better.

Trials not being available on Tuesday sucks. I doubt the Mrs is going to be merciful.

I'm having a mixed reaction after coming down from the initial high of HoW. This weekend in particular, I realized how hard it was to get a group together to do most of the activities I wanted to do (Skolas, specific PoE stuff, ToO). Normally it's a pain in the ass to get a group around my schedule, but I had pretty much free reign all weekend and it still was a pain. Most of the time, I end up just running daily shit or bounties which are starting to feel more like chores now.

On the other hand, when it comes together, it's fun. I did manage to run PoE34 a few times this week. Managed to knock out all the Nightfalls in a day for probably the first time ever. Took a few runs at ToO (but not nearly as much as I wanted). Its the promise of that that keeps me coming back. But the harder it is to put that together, the more I just feel like dropping this until the next expansion. You really start to realize how much of HoW is reliant on pre-made groups when it's hard to get a pre-made group together.

Scrot-Ogres are a thing of the past. Before long Fiona and Shrek will be as faintly remembered as Gandalf and Saruman, the two wizards who never spawned from the Towers again after week 1 of hard mode.

If these turn out to be true, I'll gladly buy it!

Go figure the "Normal Mode" one is the one I find most unbelievable. It seems the least inspired and most lame.

Scrot-Ogres are a thing of the past. Before long Fiona and Shrek will be as faintly remembered as Gandalf and Saruman, the two wizards who never spawned from the Towers again after week 1 of hard mode.

I always throught Shrek and Fiona were the two Bridge Ogres. Shrek the left Ogres that comes from the lower swamp, and Fiona the right ogre that comes from the higher castle.

Go figure the "Normal Mode" one is the one I find most unbelievable. It seems the least inspired and most lame.

I always throught Shrek and Fiona were the two Bridge Ogres.

which is why it will be the mostly likely to happen :)

lol, I almost forgot those wizards were a thing. I couldnt remember why we didnt kill the boomers. I thuoght it just took too long

noomi

I know everyone will be glued to e3 tonight, but I'm hoping to get one more flawless run today.

*looks around*

*crickets*

LTWood12

As much as Hard mode pissed me off at first, I have to admit I'm a little sad that I'll probably never get to experience the frantic chaos of everyone running to the ogre room and jumping on top of the doors, then coordinating our exit back to the Crystal room. So many intense but fun times. Even the 90 second wait in the Crystal room before the final sword was a really fun sort of tension.

Lnkn52

As much as Hard mode pissed me off at first, I have to admit I'm a little sad that I'll probably never get to experience the frantic chaos of everyone running to the ogre room and jumping on top of the doors, then coordinating our exit back to the Crystal room. So many intense but fun times. Even the 90 second wait in the Crystal room before the final sword was a really fun sort of tension.

You can always get a group to run Crota with level 32 gear...

Did Skolas for the first time last night. 1.5 hours and made it to Round 5. Not bad. Then I get disconnected. My internet goes out (screw you, Comcast). Service rep says it'll take 6 hours to repair the neighborhood outage.

What the hell is Bungie thinking with no checkpoints? So frustrating.

Did Skolas for the first time last night. 1.5 hours and made it to Round 5. Not bad. Then I get disconnected. My internet goes out (screw you, Comcast). Service rep says it'll take 6 hours to repair the neighborhood outage.

I don't want to sound negative, but if it took 90 minutes to reach him, you were likely in for a good 4 hours of trying to kill him. And a not so good outlook on actually being successful.

Nuszka

Anyone for trials about 7 pm est? Just got back from my weekend break , need to sort out my hangover first, then get updated with what happened in the past 48 hours. have not even attempted trials this time around and I really need to get the Titan helmet, pls help anyone.

Microsofts presser is an 1 hour. lots of cool games I wont get to play.
Unless there is alot of multi-plat. but it seems that Sony has taken the reigns of the 360 from last gen.

Unless there is alot of multi-plat. but it seems that Sony has taken the reigns of the 360 from last gen.

I jumped ship after the famous XB1 reveal, except now that Harmonix is likely giving us access to all our old Rock Band DLC, I'm probably buy an XB1 literally for 1 game.

I have probably $1200 invested in the Rock Band Series

Lnkn52

HALO is probably the only reason why I'll probably buy an Xbox. There's nothing there to play except Destiny. Kappa

I know the feeling. made it up to Skolas twice last week without a legit kill. After 2-3 hours on Skolas himself
each time
I just couldnt handle it anymore. It would have been so nice to go right back to Skolas after I took a breather but thanks to no CP point garbage, I had to run the whole thing again without anything to show for it. its a waste of time.

The elemental primaries dont really interest me as I have a full set of VOG and CE ones that can be ascended. But the shader looks totally bad ass. And I want a kill for posterity. Just one. thats all I want. Hopefully the nerfs to the fight tomorrow will make it more manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom