• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Wow, Oryx looks badass! Holy shit, I'm so hyped that I probably will buy the physical LE even though I bought the original LE. Best trailer for the game so far too IMO. LOVE the look of some of the new locations.

VwlFRPe.jpg

Ah yes. Whoryx, the father of Scrota.

Oh yeah it's awful. When it first released I understood all the criticism...however, Bungie has done a pretty good job at making the game a great and full experience now.
Yep. The difference between this Destiny now and the one we got only a few months ago is miles ahead.

Bungie deserved the shit that got thrown at them at that time. But they buckled down and fixed it in to a great game that still pisses me off sometimes, but it's great non the less and does not deserve the hate anymore.

Cruxist

My fireteam shattered after HoW. One of my buddies was so pissed at the content.

I'm still getting this no matter what. Taking a few months destiny break, but when I come back, I'll be needing you, GAF.

What, where are we getting the $60 for the full game AND the 3 expansions?

Kinda whack if true tbh. I know we are all hyped but people getting in super late would be paying less than half of what we did to get the base game and all the dlc content.

You could argue we had a head start and shit but Bungie has significantly toned down the grind, so that's mostly gone, and sorry, most content released so far took a while for it to get into good shape. VoG/Crota bugs, PoE difficulty, Forever 29, etc and that's just for the PVE guys, PVP only has ToO and that's gonna be a ghost town soon.

Idk. On one hand I'm happy that this will reinvigorate the user base but I'm beginning to see where all the "Bungie punishes the active community" thinking comes from.

BondFancy

Yep. The difference between this Destiny now and the one we got only a few months ago is miles ahead.

Bungie deserved the shit that got thrown at them. But they buckled down and created a great game that still pisses me off sometimes, but it's great non the less and does not deserve the hate anymore.
Agree with you 110%. Bungie just needed their overinflated ego popped. After that they've been very good at listening and fixing their mistakes.

Zocano

Idk. On one hand I'm happy that this will reinvigorate the user base but I'm beginning to see where all the "Bungie punishes the active community" thinking comes from.

This has been a blight on MMO design since the first WoW expansion. It's common for the territory but it's shitty nonetheless. It's why I'm probably never going back to FF14.

blackjaw

Kinda whack if true tbh. I know we are all hyped but people getting in super late would be paying less than half of what we did to get the base game and all the dlc content.

You could argue we had a head start and shit but Bungie has significantly toned down the grind, so that's mostly gone, and sorry, most content released so far took a while for it to get into good shape. VoG/Crota bugs, PoE difficulty, Forever 29, etc and that's just for the PVE guys, PVP only has ToO and that's gonna be a ghost town soon.

Don't worry, you'll get a shader, sparrow and emblem for your 'dedication'.

I'll put the sparrow in my garage next to my 15 timebreakers.

ocean

Banned

They're selling the base game + DLC 1 and 2 for US$20 for new players. You can look at this as Bungie fucking us launch players over but that would be silly. A more reasonable way to look at it would be they're paying US$20 where we paid US$100...but we've been enjoying the game for a year. That has a price.

I dunno, I don't mind the GOTY edition at all. I do wish the US$40 expansion for current players included all the bonus perks though.

I need that CE, not in Amazon yet :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The funny thing is people who hate in Destiny can't come up with a single logical explanation on why. The same types of issues they have with the game I end up asking them various games that they like and finding similar issues with. A common problem people have is the grinding. It is like many rpgs, games with progression, etc, you have to spend time with it to make the most of it. I could understand the grinding if it were the same game before this year but it's so easy to get to level 30 within a week these days from scratch.

Deku Tree

This is like the story of every video game ever sold though. Do you get mad when people buy $20 GoTY editions a year or two after that you paid $60 for plus $30 for the DLC?

Look at it this way by the time they pick up the game a lot fewer people are grinding the old content anymore anyway. And also having a steady stream of new players coming into the game is what we all need if we want it to keep going.

Frenden

Banned
Hey, at least us old folks get a sparrow, shader, and emblem...

-__-

Sparrow better be the Sparrowhorn.

With the hours I've put into Destiny, I want all the things. I bought the digital collector's edition. $79. I think it's the only way to get all new shaders, the exotic class items, and the buffs.

Or, I overpaid because their messaging sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom