• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to get ToO helmet on all 3 characters when at first I said "screw this map I will just wait 4 weeks until the helmet comes out again"

Daemul

Destiny hate on Gaf is so fucking real. Damn.

I see people say this a lot and honestly, is it really a surprise? Destiny burnt a fuck load of people and gamers are very slow to forgive past transgressions, often holding on to grudges for years.

Yes, Destiny has improved significantly since launch, but the backlash this game received was like nothing I had ever seen. Many of the games biggest defenders pre-launch turned heel and became it's biggest detractors, and there is a ton of bitterness there since they feel betrayed that the game they passionately tried to defend from all critics ended up failing them immensely, and thus you have the inevitable result, a "You were the chosen one!" scenario.

I would advise you to get used to the constant Destiny hate, because it will be there for the entirety of the series' 10 year lifespan, if it last's that long ofcourse.

XAL

I see people say this a lot and honestly, is it really a surprise? Destiny burnt a fuck load of people and gamers are very slow to forgive past transgressions, often holding on to grudges for years.

Yes, Destiny has improved significantly since launch, but the backlash this game received was like nothing I had ever seen. Many of the games biggest defenders pre-launch turned heel and became it's biggest detractors, and there is a ton of bitterness there since they feel betrayed that the game they passionately tried to defend from all critics ended up failing them immensely, and thus you have the inevitable result.

I would advise you to get used to the constant Destiny hate, because it will be there for the entirety of the series' 10 year lifespan, if it last's that long ofcourse.

The game launched incomplete, buggy, and content anemic. The in-game story was a fucking joke, the acting mediocre and entirely forgettable. Boss enemies nothing more than large regular enemies with no new behaviors.

They artificially stalled progression. They changed the way the economy worked multiple times (first upgrade meant you had to relevel the weapon, then if you had it maxed out the damage upgraded without penalty - fucking over players that ugpraded early or got rid of weapons - flip flopping on design philosophy), the way they handled upgrades punished the most dedicated players.

Fuck yeah people got burned.

Gameplay still fun even though Bungie is still struggling to get their shit together on the design front.

Fingers crossed on this new update. FUCKING SATURN N SHIT YEAH.

Not just GAF. The internet as a whole. I would argue that I'm the biggest Destiny Defense Force outside of GAF. Almost every day I have to shut someone up about the game in various streams.

The funny thing is people who hate in Destiny can't come up with a single logical explanation on why. The same types of issues they have with the game I end up asking them various games that they like and finding similar issues with. A common problem people have is the grinding. It is like many rpgs, games with progression, etc, you have to spend time with it to make the most of it. I could understand the grinding if it were the same game before this year but it's so easy to get to level 30 within a week these days from scratch.

gaming gaf hating on destiny? that's new.. :p

why even bother with ignorant people, just let them be.

Yes, Destiny has improved significantly since launch, but the backlash this game received was like nothing I had ever seen. Many of the games biggest defenders pre-launch turned heel and became it's biggest detractors, and there is a ton of bitterness there since they feel betrayed that the game they passionately tried to defend from all critics ended up failing them immensely, and thus you have the inevitable result, a "You were the chosen one!" scenario.

I'm already used to it lol.

Deku Tree

Gothalion: I think it is safe to assume that if you purchase Taken King and have Destiny+Expac1&2 you will receive the digital exclusives like dances

Namikaze1

I hope the shit the old guard are getting are exotic tier. We already have an exotic emblem (Osiris) and now exotic class items are on the way (only if you buy the physical/digital collector edition -__-). We missing an exotic sparrow and shader.

Sparrow better be Sparrowhorn. I want Sparrowhorn. That and the Hawkmoon Sparrow. But mostly Sparrowhorn.

"bridge of chains" concept art

obpjTTA.jpg

https://youtu.be/VFh5ArG46_M?t=55s

Gothalion: I think it is safe to assume that if you purchase Taken King and have Destiny+Expac1&2 you will receive the digital exclusives like dances

Seriously... I hope this is the case, if they expect people to re-buy 2 freaking expansion they already own to get the "Collector's Edition" extra content in-game that is BULL SHIT!

--

ALSO! Fuck you Bungie and Playstation for more exclusive content. If it's a year exclusive again FUCK YOU TWICE!

Ugh...

Taken King looks sweet though and I'll buy it for sure, but fuck they just shafted both launch players and Xbox players YET again. I really hope they come up with a solution to get those shaders, emotes, and exotic class items to launch players without having to re-buy the expansions 1 and 2. That is BS.

BurningNad

Anyone doing the Nightfall/Weekly? I need to do the 2x and 3x respectively. Shoot me an invite on PSN: BurningNad if you need a body. Levels 33/32/31

Mindlog

Trials of Osiris Monday Night is interesting.
We ran into one OK team on the way to Mercury.

I pulled an Arc Scholar. Not too shabby. I was happy with that.
After turning in my card I checked my Postmaster.

Somewhere in there I pulled two exotics.
Boots of Eao. Yes!
My 3rd Gjallarhorn. Finally!

Rubenov monstered a round pretty hard. Thanks for the run Sparrows and Rubenov. A little easier and quicker than expected and for some reason the drops were pretty incredible.

Killed Skolas on my 3d char today, wasn't planning on running it at all but saw a skolas only group after the patch. Took 4-5 tries, we got him to 20% every time and then something would go wrong during the final mines phase.

Its a helluva lot easier than the gally/sniper strat but infinitely more boring, takes 5-15 mins and mostly just rotating around the map, killing adds, trying to find skolas and passing the debuff around. Primary weapon buff is great, lightswitch is awful against 35 mobs (1 shot melee). Good changes, a ton more people will be able to complete it, but meh the entire POE 35 is so boring after a few runs.

The armor core drops changed from variks, for warlocks anyways its giving a 100% disc boots with Fallen bonus. The weapon also changed to be anti-fallen instead of a crappy Captain bonus.

hydruxo

Hope Bungie clears this up, because having to rebuy vanilla destiny + both expansions in order to get the emotes/class items/etc. is bullshit.

Seriously... I hope this is the case, if they expect people to re-buy 2 freaking expansion they already own to get the "Collector's Edition" extra content in-game that is BULL SHIT!

--

ALSO! Fuck you Bungie and Playstation for more exclusive content. If it's a year exclusive again FUCK YOU TWICE!

Ugh...

Taken King looks sweet though and I'll buy it for sure, but fuck they just shafted both launch players and Xbox players YET again. I really hope they come up with a solution to get those shaders, emotes, and exotic class items to launch players without having to re-buy the expansions 1 and 2. That is BS.

That's exactly how I feel, and one of the reasons why I just bought the standard edition.

Frenden

Banned
I bought the collector's because it suuuuure didn't sound like the other edition came with the bonus stuff even if you are an OG guardian.

Namikaze1

Fucking hell. Looks like I'm not alone. Someone make a thread or something. This shit shouldn't fly.

Edit: already did math. First thing I did before posting it here.

Deku Tree

Fucking hell. Looks like I'm not alone. Someone make a thread or something. This shit shouldn't fly.

Edit: already did math. First thing I did before posting it here.

Probably a screw up by the PSN store. Hopefully they fix it quickly. Can you delete and reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom