• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brojito

Neo Member
Kadey said:
The funny thing is people who hate in Destiny can't come up with a single logical explanation on why. The same types of issues they have with the game I end up asking them various games that they like and finding similar issues with. A common problem people have is the grinding. It is like many rpgs, games with progression, etc, you have to spend time with it to make the most of it. I could understand the grinding if it were the same game before this year but it's so easy to get to level 30 within a week these days from scratch.

There's a lot of people who were (and still are) legitimately disappointed with Destiny and they have every right to be, but there's a whole lot of other people on the internet that are just riding the hate train on Destiny for the upvotes. It's the people who, one year later, are still commenting on every bit of Destiny news "when are they gonna patch in the story lololol" like they made some clever joke that's never been heard of before.

I can't deal with some of it - sure Destiny deserves a lot of the criticisms it gets, but some of the criticism is just ridiculous stuff. Like people who watch old vidocs and write essays about how Bungie lied to us because that 3 seconds of alpha footage showed this area that's not in the game so ON DISC DLC FUCK YOU BUNGIE. Or people who look at concept art and complains that it looks better than the game... what? The concept art looks nearly identical to the game we got, except for way early stuff when Destiny was fantasy. I understand vanilla Destiny fell short in a lot of ways, but just because you looked at an old piece of concept art and let your imagination run wild thinking that Destiny would have 300 hours of content and cure cancer is not Bungie's fault either.

Destiny was a huge disappointment in a lot of ways, but most detractors are way unfair in their criticisms. There's a lot of things Destiny does that are, frankly, amazing, and better than any other shooter on the market right now. Bungie has taken the game on a mostly upward curve, I think it's time for the hate train to move on to something else now.

GutZ31

Geezus! That Sony E3 was epic.
Got to experience it at the theatre with my brother, and the megatons kept everyone yelling and clapping.

The swag seems a little thin, but I am just happy to have my spot in line for Shenmue 3, and $5 to go to The Taken King DLC.

oGkFE1f.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I imagine he will be flying around and we'll have to do something to ground him for a bit to damage him (presumably with a sword?)

Hunter shoots his ass down, Warlock keeps him steady and brings his shields down with lightning and Titan beats the crap out of him with the hammer.

Frenden

Banned
Fucking hell. Looks like I'm not alone. Someone make a thread or something. This shit shouldn't fly.

Edit: already did math. First thing I did before posting it here.

Happened to me too. I just tweeted as the legendary engram about it to Bungie. Should get eyes.

New Locations: The amazing Destiny universe continues to expand - Infiltrate a Cabal base on Phobos, and establish a beachhead on Oryx's flagship - the Dreadnaught - a mysterious, loot-filled fortress. Charge into the Crucible where all-new competitive multiplayer maps await you and your Fireteam.

Phobos is a moon of Mars.

recks

So, if I own Destiny plus the expansion pass, but want to get these exotic class items, I need to pay extra $40? This xp boost better be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom