• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradach

I just saw the destiny TTK video. Those new supers for the new subclasses look great.

The hunters has a cool bow, probably void damage
The Warlock has a senator palpatine electricity stream, probably arc
The titan has some sort of thors hammer, likely solar.

Gonna be good!

noomi

Guess I'll wait for amazon because I want that Physical Collectors Edition fo sho....

Also WTF is this early start weapons pack deal? Can't seem to find any info it....

ocean

Banned
xTiTnCLj29FdoARTnW.gif

Still no TTK CE on Amazon. I keep checking cause I fear I'll miss the listing and find its sold out when I try to pre order.

Guys and gals, what armor piece is Variks selling? Still STR? What enemy type does the perk buff?

noomi

It sounds like it is defensive:

From bungie.net

The new hunter subclass seems like it will be very useful in PvE situations, especially the super and that grenade. Slow enemies/blind enemies type stuff.

I wonder if the hunter void subclass will be useful in crucible at all....

xTiTnCLj29FdoARTnW.gif

Still no TTK CE on Amazon. I keep checking cause I fear I'll miss the listing and find its sold out when I try to pre order.

Guys and gals, what armor piece is Variks selling? Still STR? What enemy type does the perk buff?

Same here, as soon as amazon goes up I'm all over it. This month my wallet is crying... steam summer sale, pre-ordered fallout 4 pip boy edition for PC, and now I need TTK CE from amazon :**(

Ok... so I'm reading about the different editions of the taken king we can pre-order...

What is everyone here picking up?

Digital collectors edition... cause of shader, exotics, and emotes?

*edit*

Orrr the collectors edition for the same price with all the goodies.... damn

I wonder if the physical collectors edition comes with a download code for TTK. That would be ideal.

Actually, as I type that out, fuck it, I'll get the digital collector's edition. I don't need the clutter.

Nuszka

TTK CE from amazon :**(

If you want you can get the digital upgrade for $40 , thats what i am doing, lol at the price in EU, never ever i will buy a game from US psn store - so much cheaper for us Europeans. BTW this has some new footage like extended look from the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhtkrmtA1U I found myself in a funny phase that i stopped caring for anything except the missing exotics from HoW , i want the new gear so bad. You know i have a masters degree at dismantling everything lol. Got wife sorted, up for skolas tonight.

MrMuscle

Ok... so I'm reading about the different editions of the taken king we can pre-order...

What is everyone here picking up?

Digital collectors edition... cause of shader, exotics, and emotes?

*edit*

Orrr the collectors edition for the same price with all the goodies.... damn

It looks like i have to get the digital collectors edition for the emotes and stuff.

Nuszka

It looks like i have to get the digital collectors edition for the emotes and stuff.

Only way to get those emotes is to buy the collectors edition, will have to pass and drool over other dudes prancing in an exotic way around me. Getting TTK and MGS5 in sep, fallout and battlefront in nov. This should be enough until end of this year. Think sony did amazing at their presser , but have to say that MS has way better game collection for holiday 2015. Give me Halo 5 and Xone for £199 and i am in ms.

Sofa King

xTiTnCLj29FdoARTnW.gif

Yay, console wars are fun! Seriously though, The Last Guardian looked kinda meh to me.

noomi

I wonder if the physical collectors edition comes with a download code for TTK. That would be ideal.

Actually, as I type that out, fuck it, I'll get the digital collector's edition. I don't need the clutter.

If you want you can get the digital upgrade for $40 , thats what i am doing, lol at the price in EU, never ever i will buy a game from US psn store - so much cheaper for us Europeans. BTW this has some new footage like extended look from the trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIhtkrmtA1U I found myself in a funny phase that i stopped caring for anything except the missing exotics from HoW , i want the new gear so bad. You know i have a masters degree at dismantling everything lol. Got wife sorted, up for skolas tonight.

I don't like having a lot of stuff in my office either, but I want that strange coin replica, steel case, and also some of the other goodies. It just looks too cool to pass up.

Looks like the in-game content between the physical and digital CE is exactly the same though. Gotta have them emotes and shaders! Curious about the early weapons pack though.... not sure what that's all about

@Nuszka, yeah dude Skolas tonight. My wife is at some broadway show in the city today so I'll be on right after work until I pass out from being tired lol.

Destiny: Taken King Interview with Eric & Luke Smith + More Footage + New Supers + New Map!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m_gKs5-nC0&feature=youtu.be

Watching now! Awesome!

ocean

Banned
I want that physical CE....but damn it'd be extremely frustrating to wake up on reset Tuesday and not be able to play right away because you're still waiting for your box with the DLC codes to ship :/

Is it even possible to buy the Digital Collector's Edition if you have the Digital Guardian Edition? I'm annoyed there's no way to buy TTK with those digital extras without having to buy Destiny and both expansions again... Once again it feels like they don't think things through, and in this case they just burn the existing player base.

Deku Tree

Is it even possible to buy the Digital Collector's Edition if you have the Digital Guardian Edition? I'm annoyed there's no way to buy TTK with those digital extras without having to buy Destiny and both expansions again... Once again it feels like they don't think things through, and in this case they just burn the existing player base.

Wait until they announce the Year 2 Season pass.

Fuck. Taken King is coming 15.09. and I haven't even touched HoW properly. Just finished the story. Didn't do PoE let alone ToO.
Gotta get back into Destiny somehow. But my time is sooooooo strained. Uggghhhh.

Lnkn52

Fuck. Taken King is coming 15.09. and I haven't even touched HoW properly. Just finished the story. Didn't do PoE let alone ToO.
Gotta get back into Destiny somehow. But my time is sooooooo strained. Uggghhhh.

You have 89 days, I bet you will find some time.

noomi

I want that physical CE....but damn it'd be extremely frustrating to wake up on reset Tuesday and not be able to play right away because you're still waiting for your box with the DLC codes to ship :/

That's why you need amazon's guaranteed release day delivery!

Namikaze1

So is the only way I can get all the digital goodies without getting the physical disc is to go digital collector?
Yep which sucks for us who have been playing since launch and bought the TDB + HoW since we would be paying $40 more for content we already have.

I want the new emotes and exotic class items but I'm not gonna pay $80 for it. Especially when you have games like Mad Max and MGSV releasing two weeks before it. I'm gonna be broke due to all these games coming in September through November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom