• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

Lol! The Iron Wafer and I ended up getting legendary engrams as Nightfall rewards.

Congrats on the shards shitty weapon.

Vindicator XI low impact auto rifle. ;__;

Top of page here are my thoughts on that:

1Z1jFPJ.gif

spyder_ur

Can anyone fill me in Cliffs-notes style on what is going on with:

-These various Taken King pre-order things? People are reordering the whole game or something? Why?
-Has there been any discussion of new planets or even areas? I know there's a new raid (Oryx looks cool) which will have new locales I'm assuming.

I've been a defender of Destiny's DLC pricing for the most part - but this feels like a bit of a stretch unless there is alot of content I'm not expecting, Also pretty surprised there's a retail version.

DNAbro

Sad part is that once this is fixed I'm probably going to pre-order The Taken King because I'm a bad person who didn't learn his lesson the first time.

-These various Taken King pre-order things? People are reordering the whole game or something? Why?
-Has there been any discussion of new planets or even areas? I know there's a new raid (Oryx looks cool) which will have new locales I'm assuming.

I've been a defender of Destiny's DLC pricing for the most part - but this feels like a bit of a stretch unless there is alot of content I'm not expecting, Also pretty surprised there's a retail version.

-Physical stuff with Collector's edition that people want
- We are getting a brand new exploration locale in the DLC.

Assuming things will get you killed. I am waiting for more information such as # of new story missions, # of planets, # of new areas, # of strikes, # of maps, # of new exotics etc etc.

there was some more footage on the Youtube live feed.
Link me please :)

After playing Destiny on PS3 for so long, I decided to take the plunge and preorder the Taken King on Xbox One and essentially start over.

I just can't stand the fact that there's hardly anyone to play with who doesn't have a Mic and psn is irritating.

Come September I'll finally be able to play with GAF <3

I'm hoping for more than one new area but that's probably not going to happen.

noomi

Anyone wants to do nightfall?

Noomi and I will be playing The Division come March 8. I may or may not backstab him for his loot. I'm sorry Noomi but it's a dog eat dog world in the Division.

Wouldn't have it any other way buddy :D

Can't wait!

Assuming things will get you killed. I am waiting for more information such as # of new story missions, # of planets, # of new areas, # of strikes, # of maps, # of new exotics etc etc.

Link me please :)

No planet afaik, just a comet and Oryx's ship which will host the raid.

1 exclusive PS strike, not sure about other strikes. Assuming at least 2 more.

4 maps, one exclusive to PS. New objective based pvp move.

Existing areas will have new stuff.

More will be shown at e3 game floor in the next couple of days.

Lnkn52

After playing Destiny on PS3 for so long, I decided to take the plunge and preorder the Taken King on Xbox One and essentially start over.

I just can't stand the fact that there's hardly anyone to play with who doesn't have a Mic and psn is irritating.

oh no, return it for a PS4...

If you bought the Digital Guardian Edition it apparently locks you out of Destiny until The Taken King comes out. Redownloading apparently fixes the issue.

I hav the digital guardian edition but I was fine. .maybe because I keep Destiny and my PS4 is suspend/rest mode

Jinjo

You know the PS3 version transfers to PS4 right? Also, the vast majority of DGAF
atleast the cool people
have Destiny on PS4. Just a headsup, cause you might end up disappointed if you bought a One to play with DGAF specifically...

boofa

Neo Member
I'm sure I'm late to the party on this, but pricing on TTK is ridiculous to me. You can get the whole game, TDB, HoW and TTK for $60, but since I've already paid my $60 + $35, I have to pay $40 to get the new stuff that is barely equal if even to the content I paid $35 for? Yeah, I know, new Patrol area, blah blah. There's still only 1 raid which is all I really care about. I get that they want to make the whole thing accessible to new comers, but really feels like those of us still around from launch are being punished for being early adopters. Such is the way of the world I suppose. If TTK isn't epic and Battlefront is halfway decent, Destiny may get the boot once and for all.

Even though there is a strong Xbone community on GAF hopefully there will be more players one day, the vast majority are on PS4. Thus its 90% easier to find people to play with.
No planet afaik, just a comet and Oryx's ship which will host the raid.

1 exclusive PS strike, not sure about other strikes. Assuming at least 2 more.

4 maps, one exclusive to PS. New objective based pvp move.

Existing areas will have new stuff.

More will be shown at e3 game floor in the next couple of days.

Thanks Guardian!

Thanks DNAbro!

noomi

Anyone else have a sneaky suspicion that Xur will sell gjallarhorn this week? I think it just might happen guys... get your coins ready.

PuMa

I'm sure I'm late to the party on this, but pricing on TTK is ridiculous to me. You can get the whole game, TDB, HoW and TTK for $60, but since I've already paid my $60 + $35, I have to pay $40 to get the new stuff that is barely equal if even to the content I paid $35 for? Yeah, I know, new Patrol area, blah blah. There's still only 1 raid which is all I really care about. I get that they want to make the whole thing accessible to new comers, but really feels like those of us still around from launch are being punished for being early adopters. Such is the way of the world I suppose. If TTK isn't epic and Battlefront is halfway decent, Destiny may get the boot once and for all.

This pricing is basically saying that the year-old version of the game is worth $20. That makes sense to me, especially since there was just an online deal about a week ago selling vanilla Destiny for $15.

phen0m24

Did anyone else not sleep much after last night's hype overload?
No it was more the
"hey let's do a 32"
"Maybe we can get 5 wins really quick"
And then the:
"Do I really want to try to level this?"
Kinda stuff that stole my sleep. :p

Like Fig and Math stole my homie Nilla
you know you're not living that down :p

Again mad props to my favorite T Rex and Xplicitone for the fun run to 5. That Titan helm is so amazing.

Next stop: Merc- silver package. Yeah. Silver package. Keep expectations real. ;)

Daemul

Fellow Brits, what is the price for standalone the TTK expansion? Wait, let me guess, Activision have once again used their very own special exchange rate and have priced it at £40, am I right?

The leaked slide from October has been very accurate. So far it's only been off by 1-2 missions, but strikes and pvp maps have all been spot on.

So I think this is a safe estimate:
  • 10 Missions
    • 1 on the Moon
    • 1 on Venus
    • 3 on Mars
    • 5 on Dreadnaught
  • 4 Strikes (3 Xbox)
  • 1 Public Event
  • 1 Patrol Destination
  • 1 Raid
  • 6 PvP map (5 Xbox)
  • 3 Weapon Classes

Chances are the Sidearm was 1 of the 3 Weapon Classes, but seeing as there are only 2 weapons, it's safe to assume we'll see a lot more of them come Taken King time.

Image here for anyone who hasn't seen it before.

noomi

I just hope once we start with The Taken King (Year 2) they will continue to allow up ascend our older gear.

No it was more the
"hey let's do a 32"
"Maybe we can get 5 wins really quick"
And then the:
"Do I really want to try to level this?"
Kinda stuff that stole my sleep. :p

Like Fig and Math stole my homie Nilla
you know you're not living that down :p

Again mad props to my favorite T Rex and Xplicitone for the fun run to 5. That Titan helm is so amazing.

Next stop: Merc- silver package. Yeah. Silver package. Keep expectations real. ;)
What am I then D:

The leaked slide from October has been very accurate. So far it's only been off by 1-2 missions, but strikes and pvp maps have all been spot on.

So I think this is a safe estimate:
  • 10 Missions
    • 1 on the Moon
    • 1 on Venus
    • 3 on Mars
    • 5 on Dreadnaught
  • 4 Strikes (3 Xbox)
  • 1 Public Event
  • 1 Patrol Destination
  • 1 Raid
  • 6 PvP map (5 Xbox)
  • 3 Weapon Classes

Chances are the Sidearm was 1 of the 3 Weapon Classes, but seeing as there are only 2 weapons, it's safe to assume we'll see a lot more of them come Taken King time.

Image here for anyone who hasn't seen it before.
Thanks.

I know there's a lot less people on DGAF who play on Xbox, but it's still better than nobody :p.

I won't be getting a PS4 until the end of the generation when I can get it used for less than $200, so that's a while from now

Nuszka

@Nuszka, yeah dude Skolas tonight. My wife is at some broadway show in the city today so I'll be on right after work until I pass out from being tired lol.
!

Yeah i will not be on until like 5 pm your time if thats ok , wont to run skolas maybe twice if it works fine.

I know there's a lot less people on DGAF who play on Xbox, but it's still better than nobody :p.

I won't be getting a PS4 until the end of the generation when I can get it used for less than $200, so that's a while from now

Check the OP there is a list of Xboners. I dont think they mind if you add them. Just mention youre from GAF.

Haybro

I know I have problems when I'm considering buying the digital collector's edition for the new emotes and class item exotics...

This game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom