• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did I see somewhere that people that are new to it are going to get a level 30 guardian to start out with? That's kind of neat.
Hm, I hadn't heard that. Seems unnecessary, the Light/level 20+ gear situation already cuts through the typical "catch up, then catch up" MMORPG problem for new players. I wonder what the thinking would be.

LTWood12

Hm, I hadn't heard that. Seems unnecessary, the Light/level 20+ gear situation already cuts through the typical "catch up, then catch up" MMORPG problem for new players. I wonder what the thinking would be.

Yeah I think maybe I misunderstood something I read. Doesn't seem to be the case.

raindoc

Skolas downed!

It's a lot less frustrating than previously but it does take a lot longer to take him down.

In short it's tedious but manageable.

only if everything goes according to plan and then it's a bore. I enjoyed our run, it's a real team effort and we did well - almost had him on the first try!
once we develop a routine it will be a fun challenge, quite sure of that.

still makes me wonder just how bungie playtests these things - vanilla skolas with burn was just blech!
if you wanna do it again this week and see me online - send me an inv. anytime!

stb

Apologies, gents, but I still have family in town, so I won't be able to raid tonight. I will be around later in the week, however, and I'd like to do some PoE to get the gloves.

For both groups, when you reply to confirm availability, please include what you're looking to do, and I'll sub-group people with that info.

"Why am I listed as an alt?"
- This has come up a few times the last couple weeks.
- Please don't see being listed as an alt as a "demotion" if you were in a numbered slot last week (or in a previous week).
- I just want to get as many people organized so they can have a team ready for reset night and not have to waste time doing LFG posts when they could be playing.
- When I make these posts, I try to use either the previous week's "confirmed" list, or the names that jump out at me as "regulars" in the respective teams.
- For Team 1, some combination of a group of about 8 guys has raided together every week for the last 3+ months, so those regulars get digs on slots in that team.
- For Team 2, there are a few fixtures (ich00, HWL, LTWood, kazeshini) who I generally put in a numbered slot to start with.
- Other than the above, if you reply saying you can confirm, I keep track of who responded when. If a slot is (or becomes) available, or one of those "regulars" bows out, I put whoever confirmed first into the available slot.
- If enough people can confirm a time/activity, I'll set up a Team 3, so please don't be shy about responding!
- If you have any questions, let me know!

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) captscience (PSN captscience) - wouldn't mind raiding, but up for anything
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) - NF/PoE/Whatever
4) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) - raid/NF/PoE
5) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) - PoE/raids/whatever
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) - PoE32/34/Whatever

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) - NF/PoE32/34/35
2) LkPr (PSN LkPr) - whatever
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) - available 8:30-11:30 Eastern - NF/PoE34/35
4) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) - NF/PoE32/34
5) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) - PoE32/34/35
6) ??

Alts
a) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
a) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) macewank (PSN macewank) ??
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - out again this Tuesday; should be around Thursday/Friday/Weekend (will be looking for PoE32s for the gloves)

only if everything goes according to plan and then it's a bore. I enjoyed our run, it's a real team effort and we did well - almost had him on the first try!

still makes me wonder just how bungie playtests these things - vanilla skolas with burn was just blech!

Tedious and bore sound so awesome... Can't wait. Is it still small arms and light switch?

I still have to do it once, but that will probably be it for me.

rNilla

Not that I'd recommend skipping it your first time through, but it would allow people to jump right in to VoG / TDB / HoW / TTK instead of needing to spend 10+ hours going through the original campaign, leveling up their subclasses, and acquiring the appropriate gear. Especially if they have friends who have been playing since launch and they are new.

Kyne

If that strange coin in the collector's edition vibrates gently in my palm I'll spend the $80. Otherwise no deal.

LkPr

Team 2 - 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
2) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo) ??
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) ??
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
6) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??

Alts
a) macewank (PSN macewank) ??
a) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) ??
a) LkPr (PSN LkPr)
a) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212) ??
a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??

Unable to play tonight
x) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE) - out again this Tuesday; should be around Thursday/Friday/Weekend (will be looking for PoE32s for the gloves)

I'm good to join Team 2 tonight if anyone can't make it. Up for anything.

Gordon

I'm getting the sense that Destiny is named ironically, and that our 'destiny' is to be milked like the cash cows we are lol

inb4microtransactions

rNilla

Fuck. I guess I spoke too soon. Excuse me while I never close Destiny again.

OijX47B.png

Ikkarus

Yeah definitely. We had a solid run through 32-35. :)

Namikaze1

Haybro

Fuck. I guess I spoke too soon. Excuse me while I never close Destiny again.

Has Bungie commented on this issue yet, and is it sporadic or is this affecting all digital owners?

I haven't booted mine up yet, but I really don't want to have to redownload the game.

LTWood12

Dang hate to see you out two Tuesdays in a row! Nice of you to keep organizing though. I'll probably be on for a few hours tonight, from around 7:30-10:30 central. No specific plans. Just want to do some 34 or 35 Prison, maybe some Nightfalling.

Not sure what T-44 is up to.

SO I was away from Destiny for some months now, stopped playing right after TDB release.

I was feeling that itch to come back to it these last weeks and caved in this weekend, played all the House of Wolves missions and the strike.

Was surprised to see that everything was actually OK, missions were fine and I found the new strike to be really dynamic on a sense that you don't actually sit somewhere until enemies stop spawning, the new strike was my biggest surprise.

Another thing that was nice is that I could level up some gear right away since I had some Exotic Shards stashed, I could jump straight into lvl 31 (was at 30 when stopped playing).
The new weapon upgrade was a relief too, new materials exchange at speaker a godsend.

So now I'm deciding if I should keep playing, what is the best way to level up to 34 now? Should I farm some materials on Crota's End so I can level my current armor or should I jump straight into Prison of Elders?

I'm sorry if this is all old news and dumb question to you guys, but I'm quite out of the Destiny loop but I'm feeling that itch again to level up 'till L34.

raindoc

Tedious and bore sound so awesome... Can't wait. Is it still small arms and light switch?

I still have to do it once, but that will probably be it for me.

bad phrasing. the gjallarhorn or sniper rifle spam used when skolas had burns was a bore.

now it's fun. it requires teamwork and concentration, it's work compared to most of destiny's content, but i really, really liked it.
then again - i also enjoyed the mechanics during the "Qudron" fight (or whatever his name is), both just needed to be a bit more forgiving.

in a couple of weeks experienced teams will slay Skolas as casually as they take on HM Crota now. i'm 100% certain about that.
(Disclaimer: grounded and/or lightswitch will never be fun - grounded specifically not in the Fallen arena)

rNilla

Has Bungie commented on this issue yet, and is it sporadic or is this affecting all digital owners?

I haven't booted mine up yet, but I really don't want to have to redownload the game.

I don't think so.

I launched the game fine this morning. Before I posted that screenshot I went to the dash (and still had the game open) and saw that countdown.

Gammacide

I redownloaded and everything is now fine. It just took nearly 2 hours. Ugh. Ridiculous, but so gla dim in and can get grinding again!

Anyone wanting to do NFs I'll be starting them shortly. PSN is V1ctIm. Feel free to send a fr and jump in!

Dave_6

Apologies, gents, but I still have family in town, so I won't be able to raid tonight. I will be around later in the week, however, and I'd like to do some PoE to get the gloves.

For both groups, when you reply to confirm availability, please include what you're looking to do, and I'll sub-group people with that info.

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
4) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) ??
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??

I'm down for doing the NFs and whatever else anyone needs/wants to do. Still need to get my first 35 PoE done.

Haybro

Thanks, as always, for setting this up. I'll be around at 8:30 EST. I'm down for, PoE, NFs, or even a raid depending on the group's interest.

Anyone up for PoE 32? Won't be using my mic since I'll be listening to Nintendo stream.

Gloves:
Titan has intellect
Hunter has discipline
Warlock has strength

And the handcannon

Six Dreg Pride? I already have 2 that are elemental from Skolas.

I guess I will end up sharding the old ones for the better rolls. This is getting kinda of silly. Would LOVE TO KEEP a set of each roll but there isn't any room.

PLEASE MORE ROOM FOR TTK

Nuszka

I'm locked into my UK account now (Tell-tale Collection & multiple season passes) seeing as I buy most of my games physically anyway i really should have changed sooner!

I only use my US Psn account as a purchasing one, everything is played on my UK account and works flawlessly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SO I was away from Destiny for some months now, stopped playing right after TDB release.

I was feeling that itch to come back to it these last weeks and caved in this weekend, played all the House of Wolves missions and the strike.

Was surprised to see that everything was actually OK, missions were fine and I found the new strike to be really dynamic on a sense that you don't actually sit somewhere until enemies stop spawning, the new strike was my biggest surprise.

Another thing that was nice is that I could level up some gear right away since I had some Exotic Shards stashed, I could jump straight into lvl 31 (was at 30 when stopped playing).
The new weapon upgrade was a relief too, new materials exchange at speaker a godsend.

So now I'm deciding if I should keep playing, what is the best way to level up to 34 now? Should I farm some materials on Crota's End so I can level my current armor or should I jump straight into Prison of Elders?

I'm sorry if this is all old news and dumb question to you guys, but I'm quite out of the Destiny loop but I'm feeling that itch again to level up 'till L34.
You'll want to hit 32 somehow or another (if you don't know how to do that either, you can link me your Bungie.net profile and I'll point you in the right direction) as soon as possible.

Then, you can run the 32 Prison of Elders once for one 42 Light armor piece which will get you to 33.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I mentioned it in the general thread, but I am really pretty salty about the fact that I can't buy Taken King for $40 because I decided to skip Dark below. I've already spent $80 on Destiny, the $40 version being available only to people with BOTH current DLC is just weak shit. I have to spend $60 regardless and either re-pay for content I already have, or spend $20 on an obsolete piece of content I don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom