• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

I soloed the Nightfall, woo!

CHot5SAUsAARinH.jpg

:\

X-Frame

There hasn't been any news on the raid yet, correct? Is it likely to be raising Charlemagne's Vault?

We have concept of this if I remember correctly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm just now repicking this up from launch. I'm a level 16 just working thru the avenue missions right now. At what point should I grab the expansions?
As soon as you decide you're enjoying yourself enough to justify the cost, hehe. At lower levels, the expansions include a handful of new gear you can potentially get but it's pretty minor stuff. Additional bounties and story missions will make leveling up (and leveling up your gear) quicker. But the real value in the expansions is in endgame activities and high-level gear. You can make it all the way to level 32 without the expansions if you so desire, and see if you enjoy the VoG raid, weekly strikes (Nightfall/Heroic), Crucible, etc. enough to want more. Or if you're already sure, just go for it asap.
I soloed the Nightfall, woo!

CHot5SAUsAARinH.jpg

:\
This is "your prowess is such that we suggest handicapping yourself with the enclosed item"

What is the Nightfall this week?

Team 1 - 8:30 PM Eastern
1) captscience (PSN captscience) ??
2) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ??
3) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ??
4) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde) ??
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ??
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??

Thanks Berried! I'll be on tonight and I'll get the group together. I wouldn't mind running a raid as a change of pace but I'm up for anything. I'll be looking to do 1 more NF before 8:30 if anyone's free.

Trakan

Did anyone see the Wolf helmet that the Hunter gets in the trailer similar to the Warlock's Ram?

Can't wait to see what it does.

raindoc

Welp. Omnigul down to nothing but a slither. Kicked out of the game.

EDIT: back in it seems I finished the NF. got a legendary pulse rifle.

yay!

Thanks @mindlog & jayforone, hope you got something better

GhaleonEB

This is "your prowess is such that we suggest handicapping yourself with the enclosed item"

What is the Nightfall this week?

Omnigul, void burn. The lack of arc burn is what makes it soloable, though it was still tough. Patience was the most potent weapon. Well, that and Truth.

I did it as a test to see if I could do it, so on that front I came away satisfied. Which is good since I didn't come away with anything else of value. :lol

Did one run of Skolas: Remixed this morning, imo it's much improved. We didn't bother trying the 42 Horn Salute strat but just played it out nice and easy. Cleared adds along the way and focused on each mine wave as it appeared, took ~10 minutes. It felt like the encounter was "working as intended" since you had to stick together as a team for a long time but could survive more reasonably.

Sure it takes a few more minutes than one perfect Burn kill, but it'll be way more consistent. If you understand the encounter, and especially if you clear adds along the way, it's very manageable to clear Skolas without wiping. The only catch is if they add some horrible modifier like Grounded, and Small Arms would also be interesting since we still used Horns as the only major DPS source. Brawler and Juggler this week are total non-factors.

Overall: 2 thumbs up. GG Bungie.

LTWood12

Did one run of Skolas: Remixed this morning, imo it's much improved. We didn't bother trying the 42 Horn Salute strat but just played it out nice and easy. Cleared adds along the way and focused on each mine wave as it appeared, took ~10 minutes. It felt like the encounter was "working as intended" since you had to stick together as a team for a long time but could survive more reasonably.

Sure it takes a few more minutes than one perfect Burn kill, but it'll be way more consistent. If you understand the encounter, and especially if you clear adds along the way, it's very manageable to clear Skolas without wiping. The only catch is if they add some horrible modifier like Grounded, and Small Arms would also be interesting since we still used Horns as the only major DPS source. Brawler and Juggler this week are total non-factors.

Thanks for the report. Really looking forward to giving it a go tonight.

raindoc

100% agreed

So glad to hear that. I'm looking forward to actually engaging in the mechanics rather than playing synth cooldown the game.

ich00

I got a No Land Beyond from the Trials gold package and one from the Nightfall today. What are you trying to tell me, Bungie?

Xur will be selling it laster in the week, just in case you need a third

This is good news. I was ready to give up doing the lvl 35, between no drops and just the pain in the a$$ the encounter was.

Back to the grind for a Solar HC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom