• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
At 1:50 (Golden Gun), notice how there's a blue bar at the bottom - indicating XP progression. Looks like base level increase after all HYPE.

New enemy types:
Gremlin (looks like a Psion?) at 4:12
Lurk at 4:26
Ripper at 5:05
Constructor at 7:27

Also, hype.

And I'll be honest...House of Wolves only had content for 2-3 weeks of gametime ._.;

They better figure out this weapon ascending and either limit it or up the stats/perks on new weapons.

rNilla

I've been scraping the TK page on BNET to grab images to make silly OT banners and noticed that many of the filepaths contain the word "Comet."

Too much hype now. Can't deal.

Zakalwe

Banned
I cannot wait for this.

HoW was almost enough to hook me back, but not quite. This on the other hand looks much more promising.

It took a while, but they're getting there.

Lee

Titans will obviously get their new solar subclass in Mercury while Hunters somewhere in Venus. Warlocks look to be a new area. Definitely not the moon or Mars. Perhaps a new location on Earth maybe or Phobos?

Phobos or Mars. Cabal structures behind him.

Hunter is black garden. Titans have to make it to the Lighthouse to get theirs.
Jk

Lee

I've been scraping the TK page on BNET to grab images to make silly OT banners and noticed that many of the filepaths contain the word "Comet."

Too much hype now. Can't deal.

I wonder if the initial idea for the Dreadnaught was a hollowed out comet turned into Oryx's deathstar.

PuMa

JxuRD94.gif

So from the looks of it, they're being coy with their wording-

They mention One new location we go to, but mention 'new patrols' in plural.

Phobos we technically go to in a multiplayer map, meaning that the new location is the Dreadnought ship...meaning that Phobos will most likely be available for patrol as well.

[Suros Launcher

Is it's special ability that it gets nerfed immediately and then you never see it again?

traveler

Not Wario
I really hope we get a Gjallerhorn nerf either before or as this hits so I can actually feel excited about that new rocket launcher. (well, more importantly, so they can actually tune the game appropriately)

New subclasses look good. Looks like titan gets ranged damage, warlocks get sustained aoe rather than burst damage, and hunters get utility, so filling in some missing gaps nicely. (although I do think stormcaller has a bit of overlap with sunsinger, depending on if you used sunsinger as a fusion grenade dispensary or not) Hopefully, the rest of the subclass details flesh out the differences further. (Please give the new hunters a decent jump!)

Luke's comments on the bosses and rooms leading in a strike context have me hoping we'll see unique designs, both in levels and bosses, in the strikes this time around. There's no reason that stuff should be limited to raids.

Hopefully, the new raid matches or exceeds Vault's level of quality. I think having unique mechanics and tricks to each boss/challenge is ultimately more interesting than the frenzied execution demands of CE. I also hope they have more "roles" to play in encounters, so groups aren't 1 relic guy/swordbearer + 5 tagalongs, but actually have multiple duties to handle at once. Let's see a Kael'Thas' TK 25 temporary legendaries for every party member style encounter!

I really want to hear how they're going to handle ascension this time around. I think Datto was right in his latest talk on it, but I have to imagine reigning it in will bring in some negative pr. Probably won't get that news till much closer to release.

So I guess I have to buy the digital collector edition just to get the stuff I want? Sigh, seriously?

I could buy the physical stuff, and sell everything to someone besides Taken King DLC and the codes

PuMa

Is it's special ability that it gets nerfed immediately and then you never see it again?

So at first, it's super powerful and amazing, but it sounds like a dying giraffe when you launch a rocket. Then they are going to fix the audio so it sounds like a true rocket launcher, but it's performance will be nerfed into obsolescence.

Lee

So I guess I have to buy the digital collector edition just to get the stuff I want? Sigh, seriously?

I could buy the physical stuff, and sell everything to someone besides Taken King DLC and the codes

The resale market is going to be non-existent. Between all new players having the game and both expansions, and floods of people trying to resell their duplicate codes, I wouldn't count on this for a plan.

Namikaze1

So we have 1 confirmed exotic and 1 unconfirmed.

Confirmed:
Jade Bunny Scout Rifle (PS exclusive)

Unconfirmed:
SUROS Rocket Launcher (from its unique design, I'm leaning on it being an exotic)

Brojito

Neo Member
So at first, it's super powerful and amazing, but it sounds like a dying giraffe when you launch a rocket. Then they are going to fix the audio so it sounds like a true rocket launcher, but it's performance will be nerfed into obsolescence.

As someone who never had one, FUCK the Suros. I had nightmares about that damn gun and that annoying click-click-click. It was like vuvuzelas at a soccer game during the old iron banners pre-nerf.

The resale market is going to be non-existent. Between all new players having the game and both expansions, and floods of people trying to resell their duplicate codes, I wouldn't count on this for a plan.

Well I don't know what Bungie wants me to do. . I want those emotes and specific items. .

hydruxo

As someone who never had one, FUCK the Suros. I had nightmares about that damn gun and that annoying click-click-click. It was like vuvuzelas at a soccer game during the old iron banners pre-nerf.

It used to sound awesome until they changed the sound into a nail gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom