• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do not have every 3 classes you are failing at Destiny. I tempted to recreate my Warlock and Titan to go Female Human though.

its the only way to play

people who have multiple versions of the same class are cray cray

friend of mine has 3 warlocks... whyyy

edit: i have also been tempted to recreate female versions of chars in my most bored moments :)

Namikaze1

I believe Solar Titans have shoulder charge. In the vidoc, you see the solar Titan kneeing in midair like a striker Titan does when shoulder charging in the air.

Shoulder Charge + Mjolnir = Shao_Kahn_hammer_time.gif

hydruxo

Suros pulse rifle? Reloads like a pulse rifle & looks like burst fire too (7:02 in the ViDoc)

Iw0Xufj.png

cxHE5k0.png

I thought I was a lvl 20 hunter, but like I said I haven't played in months, and in fact don't even have the game installed anymore.

Nice, I'd definitely recommend keeping that character and just trying to get to the end game activities as quickly as possible, especially the Vault of Glass raid. If you can get up to at least 26, ideally Lv28, post around here and hopefully we can get a newbie friendly normal mode raid going. I'll definitely be down to sherpa if at all possible. Good luck!

Alright, there's nothing in the immediate future coming out that interests me, so I'm looking into possibly jumping into Destiny, namely because the main game is $20 right now.

Is this game still worth is without the expansions? I *might* get them, if I find the game interesting, but I don't intend on jumping all in all at once. Just looking for some insight for a newbie.

Take your time with the base game, it still has the best Destiny content with VoG raid (see above). If you really enjoy vanilla Destiny and see everything it has to offer, then start considering the expansions. I'm not the best person to ask though since this is basically the only game I play and it's a no brainer for me that I'll buy all the expansions.

Mindlog

Does anyone want to join myself and JayHayabusa for a nightfall?

Hit up cilonen or jayforone.

Edit: we got someone :)
I'm late.
Anyone else need Nightfalls? I need to run two. No mic because I have a bunch of calls to catch up on.

****dragon.
I can't play the damn game because of the DLC bug. This really kills my enthusiasm for TKK. Why would I want to get the next piece of digital content when shit like this happens?

I was thinking the same, but I think it is just a white one reflecting the colour of the hive environment

No, it's a green ghost shell. When it 'pops' and appears, it's green despite the white light around it.

...And the ghost has never reflected the environment in the game. Ever.

Goddamn it. When we gonna get an exotic arc launcher? :(

Suros Rocket is solar.

You already said that, are you broken today nami?

Pre-order in store CRA5H!

We need to get the old fireteam together for The Taken King raid!

Yeah, that's a better idea Cosmos. Just got off the phone with my local Gamestop and they said they will start to take pre orders of the CE soon, just not yet. I guess they're waiting for their system to update or something.

TBH Byron those raids we did each week was some of the most fun I've had in any game I've ever played. We absolutely need to start it up again!

The fact that the base level is going to be 30 means around 10 new abilities for the old subclasses too.

No it doesn't.

Players typically hit level 20 without about 10-11 abilities still left to unlock on their currently classes.

This actually fits perfectly now, that if you played level 1-30 on a character, you'd probably hit 30 around the same time you'd have completed the subclass.

its the only way to play

people who have multiple versions of the same class are cray cray

friend of mine has 3 warlocks... whyyy

edit: i have also been tempted to recreate female versions of chars in my most bored moments :)

I know most of the guys who are great at PVP have like 3 Hunters. It's crazy. I want to recreate characters but the story mode is so boring (but I get to use new weapons: pulse or scout rifle to help with grimoire).

I'm still tempted and might do it once I get all of the ToO armor for all of my characters.

Rubenov

So once again...

What is the dream roll for Her Benevolence?

I have
Hawkeye - Longview - Ambush
Outlaw
Flared Magwell - Armour Piercing - Hand Laid Stock
Unflinching

Longview SLR10 (imp not 20) or Shortgaze for scope
Hidden Hand
Quickdraw, Snapshot or Injection Mold in that order. All 3 are good though
Unflinching** - Note that IMO this is the less important perk. Priorities go to scope, hidden hand, and draw/aim speed in that order.

MechDX

If you do not have every 3 classes you are failing at Destiny. I tempted to recreate my Warlock and Titan to go Female Human though.

I have a titan and warlock and have always put off creating a hunter. Have a couple full sets of Hunter legendary gear and 4 exotic armor pieces for one in the vault.

zewone

Huh? How do you figure that?

And how do we know that?

Each level of your first 20 unlocked a new ability bubble. I'd imagine the same for the next 10.

They mention in the ViDoc that there's new ways to level your character they aren't ready to talk about yet and then there's this:

Destiny.jpg

No it doesn't.

Players typically hit level 20 without about 10-11 abilities still left to unlock on their currently classes.

This actually fits perfectly now, that if you played level 1-30 on a character, you'd probably hit 30 around the same time you'd have completed the subclass.
Damnit. That's right. It's been awhile since I leveled up.

I still feel we'll get more options.

I know most of the guys who are great at PVP have like 3 Hunters. It's crazy. I want to recreate characters but the story mode is so boring (but I get to use new weapons: pulse or scout rifle to help with grimoire).

I'm still tempted and might do it once I get all of the ToO armor for all of my characters.

all this new gear and weapons and lack of storage space has made it really hard to store all the equipment on the other characters/vault

No, it's a green ghost shell. When it 'pops' and appears, it's green despite the white light around it.

...And the ghost has never reflected the environment in the game. Ever.

You already said that, are you broken today nami?

Really? It doesn't reflect any light? Weird.

Not saying anyone is wrong, I would love to finally see more Ghost shells.

Yeah, that's a better idea Cosmos. Just got off the phone with my local Gamestop and they said they will start to take pre orders of the CE soon, just not yet. I guess they're waiting for their system to update or something.

TBH Byron those raids we did each week was some of the most fun I've had in any game I've ever played. We absolutely need to start it up again!

Agreed CRA5H, those were the best times played with a group of friends in a game EVER. One of the last VoG runs we did was absolutely hilarious.

Well, it looks like I'm locked out now even though I played this morning.

Is deleting and re-downloading still the only way to fix this?

Namikaze1

Well, it looks like I'm locked out now even though I played this morning.

Is deleting and re-downloading still the only way to fix this?
Yes. It's been suggested by both Bungie and Sony. Sucks tremendously they couldn't find a way to fix this without having to resort to reinstalling destiny.

The Hunters get a god damn roll. Fuck yes fuck yes fosndjabsusbshgs

The Void bow looks awesome. Really likes how it not only kills the target, but also captures others. Jesus is it September yet?

Also the new game type looks awesome.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Any one watched the livestream on Playstation 30min ago?

They really weren't joking about mixing up the strike gameplay a bit. It had some nice raid-like mechanics. (Not sure if it was a story mission though, definitely a new zone on the Venus map)

Brojito

Neo Member
Uh, that post was asking when we gonna get an exotic arc launcher. I never said Suros launcher was an exotic there.

Did I misunderstand you then?

"Goddamn it. When we gonna get an exotic arc launcher? :(

Suros Rocket is solar."

I'm not sure what you were trying to say, other than complaining that the (possibly exotic) new rocket launcher is solar and not arc.

Even still, what I said still applies. We have little to no information on new exotics, why complain about not having an arc rocket launcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom