• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

rNilla

First post on GAF :)

Can I take the Hunter one?

and : hi all, one of fav communities here in the community section while lurking for a year

edit: It's already taken

Hi and welcome! I'm happy to make a different one for you to use. I'll see if I can find a different asset for the Nightstalker.

OkayRene

Down from 12 to 10?

Where did the 12 come from?

The extra missions were obviously an answer to the complaints from Dark Below (Only having 2 at launch).

Destiny.jpg

kidko

Hope that helps.
thanks!

We've had two expansions so far at US$20 each. This one costs twice that - US$40.

The Taken King will add three new subclasses and a new Patrol area - neither TDB nor HoW had this.

Strikes: HoW brought 1 Strike, TDB brought 2 (1 of which is exclusive to Playstation). We know TTK will have a new exclusive PS Strike, but they haven't revealed the total number as far as I know. I think matching the the combined number of HoW and TDB Strikes should be easy, I'm expecting 3-4 Strikes.

Raid: TTK will ship with "their largest Raid ever". TDB had 1 Raid (far simpler than the original), HoW had an Arena mode.

Crucible Modes: TDB added no new modes (let's not count Inferno because really). HoW added 1 (Elimination, which is fantastic). Though they haven't revealed what new modes will come with TTK, we caught a glimpse of "Mayhem Clash" and they said they'll bring objective modes.

Crucible Maps: TDB added 3 new maps (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock). HoW added 4 new maps, one of which is PS exclusive (Timekeeper, Black Shield, Thieve's Den, Widow's Court). We know TTK will have 1 exclusive PS map, no info on total number yet. I think it's easy to match the number of TDB and HoW combined: 6-7 maps wouldn't surprise me.

Of course we'll need confirmation but I can easily see The Taken King adding more content than TDB+HoW did. A more important measure of the value proposition would be the quality of this content in my opinion. I mean the new Raid is allegedly their largest, but if it's as good as Vault of Glass, this alone would suffice to vindicate the purchase for me.

Great write-up and I'm in agreement. Let's see some of this content in previews first. I want to jump on it but I'm also weary of dropping $40 on this when Fallout 4 will pull me away in November for a good long while

ocean

Banned
Remember that infamous leaked slide? Obviously that information is extremely old so it's not perfect but it's worth re visiting. i found a cleaned up version of it:

eyD9lVM.jpg

The Dark Below: They were right about the number of Strikes (2), patrols (0), Raids (1) and PvP maps (3). They even got the date right.

House of Wolves: They were right about the number of Strikes (1), patrols (0), Raids (1 - PoE is "Raid-tier" for intense and purposes), and PvP maps (4), as well as mentioning The Reef as a new destination. The date was off by two months.

Comet "Plague of Darkness": Off the bat, they got the name wrong. The date, however, is correct. If we assume this info is still valid, we'd be looking at 4 Strikes (was hoping for 5-6 tbh), a new Patrol area (aw yisss), a new Raid (confirmed), and 6 PvP maps (notbad.jpg). It mentions 3 new subclasses (confirmed), along with 3 new player guilds - I suppose new factions? Moar rep grind. Moar shader despair. Good.

Right, and especially with a $5-8 trade in value, it's basically $10 to try it out, but I didn't know if the community has pretty much moved past the early game or what? And I don't really count on the friends aspect cause everyone I know lives all over the place and no one has the same schedule, so it'd be impossible to get anything regular going.

The early game is still very much there. strikes and such from vanilla destiny are still in play, regardless of the expensions. Folks here regualrly run vault of glass (not as much as before thuogh). with the expcetion of Crotas End there is literaly no reason what-so-ever to pick up Dark Below. If you pick an expansion get House of Wolves. you can get gear fairly easy that will help bolster you from 20-32 with or without any expansion. That level alone will get you thruogh most end game content.
Gringding past 20 is not nearly as cumbersome as it used to be when you were playing before. The grind is far less what it was.

Check out Hawkians guide in ther OT to get gear faster.

Welcome abaord! you will always find someone here to help you out.

Remember that infamous leaked slide? Obviously that information is extremely old so it's not perfect but it's worth re visiting. i found a cleaned up version of it:

eyD9lVM.jpg

Come on guys. Do your homework. We go over this every time this gets posted. I even addressed this in the post you're starting from:

Image here for anyone who hasn't seen it before.

Note: Don't bother with the "cleaner" version of this image, it's just a single guys interpretation of what he thinks the words and numbers are. For instance he confused Player Subclasses with Weapon Classes.

So it looks like missions will definitely be taking place on Phobos and Mercury!

Yup! I love that you get the Titan Solar subclass from Mercury.Combined with the Hive Dreadnaught, that's a decent number of new locations.

What little we see of the new raid looks promising!

Namikaze1

Titans will obviously get their new solar subclass in Mercury while Hunters somewhere in Venus. Warlocks look to be a new area. Definitely not the moon or Mars. Perhaps a new location on Earth maybe or Phobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom