• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having 3 Titans is the reason why I've never had any problems with vault space, they all share the same weapons and armour and I can move stuff around with ease.

I enjoy playing as a Titan a lot, though I have been contemplating creating a Hunter for PvP for it's supers, but after seeing the new Titan subclass and it's ranged super, there is no need for me to create a Hunter any more.

TITAN MASTER RACE!

C'mon give the other classes a try. It is fun and just don't horde armor. You can literally put every exotic gear slot with your character that is the same class so you never have to worry.

or like...while it's in the air, it shoots massive arcs of lightning at things around it. Something cool!

Also I'm not sure you guys noticed, but the gear of the warlock 2nd to the left is Native American inspired.

CHpQtIUUAAAMub-.png:large

Looks like
  • Dead Orbit Hunter
  • New Vanguard set Warlock*
  • New Vanguard Set Titan*
  • New Vanguard set Hunter *
  • FWC Warlock
  • New Monarchy Titan

*I'm making this assumption based on the fact that previous promotion art has shown the guardians in their Vanguard armor, and also that we see this armor in the concept art for the new supers pages.

GhaleonEB

Having 3 Titans is the reason why I've never had any problems with vault space, they all share the same weapons and armour and I can move stuff around with ease.

I enjoy playing as a Titan a lot, though I have been contemplating creating a Hunter for PvP for it's supers, but after seeing the new Titan subclass and it's ranged super, there is no need for me to create a Hunter any more.

TITAN MASTER RACE!

Only people who have all three characters, and have leveled both subclasses, have the credibility to make such a claim. :p

I'm almost done leveling my second Titan subclass (Defender). She will always be second fiddle to my Hunter.

ocean

Banned
It's a bad mock up of this picture:
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/insertcoin/files/2015/01/destiny-leak.jpg

Except the guy who did it, did a terrible job.

He confused "Player Builds" for "Player Guilds"

He confused "Weapon Classes" for "Player Classes"

He litereally just guessed at some of the numbers.

It just shouldn't be posted. I'm all for posting the actual leaked slide, but every time someone find the cleaner (read: wronger) version, it just confused people and spreads bad information.
I know what it is and am familiar with the original. The classes thing reads (to my eyes) as "New player weapon classes" which makes no sense. I see the same numbers as the ones posted in the cleaned up graph. The original is full of old information subject to change at any moment, but it's proven to be right on most of the important counts so far. The original slide is a blurry mess, but I make out the same info as the one posted.

Telling me to "do my homework" about this game would be hilarious if it weren't annoying Kor.

I wonder if we will be able to bring Year 1 gear to Year 2 light or will they not want us to do that.

I feel like the changes in HOW seem to imply we will be able to keep our favorite gear forever. We'll just have to ascend it again.

Also, I think we can consider base level remaining at 20 confirmed from that bank of monitors.

LTWood12

Yeah, they have to do that if a new subclass is being introduced anyway.
The leaked slide showed base level 30 from 20, but will will have to wait and see for sure how much we can level.

BTW, dat capture the flag and mayhem modes for crucible!

yep. at the 5:34 mark you can see an xp bar at the bottom, w/ the number '20' at the left edge of it.

Simonnnnn

I own the Ghost Edition of the game, and I'm sat here wanting to Pre Order that new Edition that's like £80 using £40 of my rewards points rest cash, firstly because i'm an idiot with money, secondly because that stuff looks nice.

Hey there DGAF, I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks since I'm getting back into Destiny from putting it down late last year. I don't have any of the DLC's however I'd like to get into doing the Vault of Glass for the very first time.

Most of my friends have moved on, where can I group up with some VoG Vets to help me along? Any recommendations on leveling up to 30 w/o the DLC. Thanks for the help

Watching the video I notice that the Stalker's super stuns and stops the supers of everyone in PVP.

Also you can fire the bow twice.

For titan, you get three attacks. Instant shoulder charge, hammer melee and hammer AOE throw. You can use hammer twice it seems and enemy body explodes when killed.

Hey there DGAF, I've been lurking for the past couple of weeks since I'm getting back into Destiny from putting it down late last year. I don't have any of the DLC's however I'd like to get into doing the Vault of Glass for the very first time.

Most of my friends have moved on, where can I group up with some VoG Vets to help me along? Any recommendations on leveling up to 30 w/o the DLC. Thanks for the help

Just ask gaf for raids. Also you can get up to lvl 32 with crucible and vanguard marks you get from playing crucible and vanguard missions every week. You'll be done in no time.

Daemul

C'mon give the other classes a try. It is fun and just don't horde armor. You can literally put every exotic gear slot with your character that is the same class so you never have to worry.

alfred-nevah.gif

My loyalty is to the Titan League.

Only people who have all three characters, and have leveled both subclasses, have the credibility to make such a claim. :p

I'm almost done leveling my second Titan subclass (Defender). She will always be second fiddle to my Hunter.

OQSdX1r.gif

I know what it is and am familiar with the original. The classes thing reads (to my eyes) as "New player weapon classes" which makes no sense. I see the same numbers as the ones posted in the cleaned up graph. The original is full of old information subject to change at any moment, but it's proven to be right on most of the important counts so far. The original slide is a blurry mess, but I make out the same info as the one posted.

Telling me to "do my homework" about this game would be hilarious if it weren't annoying Kor.

New Player Weapon Classes makes perfect sense.

It's a new Class of Weapon for Player characters.

As opposed to things like the Hive Boomer, Fallen Line Rifle, or Scorch Cannon.

Look, all I'm asking for is if you post that "cleaned up" image, you at least put a disclaimer on your post that the information isn't accurate. Spreading bad information does nothing good for anyone involved.

I believe Hawkian still does raids for people on Thursdays, but he can definitely give you more info on that. What level are you right now?

Also, you can request here whenever you're looking or if you have an advanced time within a few hours or so:

"Looking for VoG Normal Run @ 830 CST
1) Roddslayer
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)"

And people usually sign up if the time permits. I'm down to help as well; You can add me, (assuming PSN:) xplicitone

And yea buying vanguard and crucible gear with Marks will get you to 32. Minus 1 gear if you have an exotic

Definity

Oh man, just now got a chance to watch that vidoc. Those supers!
Not sure which one I want to roll with first? Probably warlock with that sith lord lightning.

D. Dark

After playing over 1000 hours, rngesus blessed me with my 1st ghorn, yesterday the last guardian, today ghorn, god is real.

noomi

TITAN MASTER RACE!

Heh, I have 3 hunters and am now planning on making a titan. I'll trade ya one of mine for one of yours ;)

It's so crappy that the exotic class items are locked behind buying editions of the game that I already own (for $80 freakin' dollars).

digital-collectors-exotics.png

The Titan one has the double-aquila from Gjallarhorn, for heaven's sake! WANT.

rNilla

Is your username some kind of threat? Are you trying to kill me?

Ikkarus

Oh man, just now got a chance to watch that vidoc. Those supers!
Not sure which one I want to roll with first? Probably warlock with that sith lord lightning.
Sith Lord Warlock in PVP is going to be devasting. In the Bungie video it was racking up the kills.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm surprised you're all so taken with the level/Light level increase. That's all the way down at the very bottomy bottom of my list of things I care about. hehe
Amazing news! Congrats on the new place Hawkian

May you nest there in peace
Thank you! :)
Ah, yeah, I'm all over this.

Also, keep your eyes fixed on that Super indicator. Nightstalkers get a double super use from a full bar.
Can personally confirm the rank3 Etheric, was amused when i got it, but hey, i got 30+ spare atm, so wasn't too fussed about it tbh. Still, better then nothing. Would love him to give me some weapon parts instead, running terribly low on those :/
Etheric Light is not so easy to come by for everyone, let alone the average sampling of longitudinal play, so this is a welcome source.

I'm thinking there should be a random chance for one with key usage (including on 28). Around the same chances as an Exotic. The Queen's set of weapons are fairly undesirable on the whole, and keys/28s can be found and completed solo respectively, which would make it an (albeit slow and RNG-prone) method of leveling to max as a solo player.

Alternatively, a great addition to the economy would be some manner of Exotic Shard -> Etheric Light conversion.
We've had two expansions so far at US$20 each. This one costs twice that - US$40.

The Taken King will add three new subclasses and a new Patrol area - neither TDB nor HoW had this.

Strikes: HoW brought 1 Strike, TDB brought 2 (1 of which is exclusive to Playstation). We know TTK will have a new exclusive PS Strike, but they haven't revealed the total number as far as I know. I think matching the the combined number of HoW and TDB Strikes should be easy, I'm expecting 3-4 Strikes.

Raid: TTK will ship with "their largest Raid ever". TDB had 1 Raid (far simpler than the original), HoW had an Arena mode.

Crucible Modes: TDB added no new modes (let's not count Inferno because really). HoW added 1 (Elimination, which is fantastic). Though they haven't revealed what new modes will come with TTK, we caught a glimpse of "Mayhem Clash" and they said they'll bring objective modes.

Crucible Maps: TDB added 3 new maps (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock). HoW added 4 new maps, one of which is PS exclusive (Timekeeper, Black Shield, Thieve's Den, Widow's Court). We know TTK will have 1 exclusive PS map, no info on total number yet. I think it's easy to match the number of TDB and HoW combined: 6-7 maps wouldn't surprise me.

Of course we'll need confirmation but I can easily see The Taken King adding more content than TDB+HoW did. A more important measure of the value proposition would be the quality of this content in my opinion. I mean the new Raid is allegedly their largest, but if it's as good as Vault of Glass, this alone would suffice to vindicate the purchase for me.

Adding a Patrol Area, PvP modes and new subclasses will really shake things up. My stance is one of cautious optimism.

An area where they can really outshine the previous two expansions is weapon variety. TDB added 4 exotic weapons, and 3 of them suck. HoW brought even less - only 3 exotic weapons (which are admittedly pretty damn cool). I'd be really disappointed if we end up getting 5-6 weapons. I really think this is one of those things that make the game interesting - having those extremely specific loudouts that work really well in one very specific situation. The more exotics with weird perks we have the more we can play around with load outs.
By far the most compelling aspect of The Taken King as a proposed value (for me, of course I should say) is the addition of new subclasses. Because these affect gameplay no matter what you're doing- old or new- they are effectively worth more to me than new content itself. The additional strategic layer afforded by having both a) new subclass/team comp options no matter what classes form a fireteam and b) all three element types available natively regardless of team comp is very exciting for me.

Additionally, you didn't mention at all in your value analysis that factor that is second most compelling to me: new exotics. TDB and HoW both added a fair handful of new desirable Exotic armor pieces and largely missed the mark on Exotic weaponry altogether. TDB's weapons simply weren't desirable outside of the 4th Horseman and while HoW's are moreso, but locked behind entirely uninspired bounties and multiple RNG gates (though this was improved in the second most recent patch).

The Taken King has an enormous opportunity to simply throw a new slew of "everyday" Exotics into the mix (stuff you can get from Nightfalls, PoE treasure chests, the Lighthouse, and Raid chests/checkpoints). That would reinvigorate me as I sincerely love a bunch of the Exotics in this game and especially enjoy crafting fun combinations of armor and weapon complements. There's massive potential to craft new weapons that interact favorably with old Exotic armor pieces, and new armor pieces that complement the original weapons- and of course, novel uses in both directions for all of the abilities that accompany new subclasses. If Bungie has paid attention to the best loot-drive aspects of their game so far along with the areas in which both expansions fell short, they could really knock it out of the park here before we even get to talking about new content.
You joining myself and LTwood for some PoE at 8:30pm est? We still want you!
Sure. Unless the adds are bugged, I'm really looking forward to it.

noomi

But you already have 3 hunters so why make another one?
:p

woops, fixed it haha.

Not sure when I should do it though, power leveling through the story will take me 6 hours with some help, then getting him geared and leveling both subclasses is going to take... a long time.

I really want to catch up to my backlog, but if I'm leveling a new class.... I'll never get to play Witcher or Batman :(

ocean

Banned
On the topic of base level increasing:

Here we can see an XP gain upon a kill filling up the bar (26 XP; 1:52 in the video)
dVC8vy7.png

Furthermore, here we can see a Level 45 Guardian where it is indicated that his base level is 30. Also, look at the text feed, the icon for electrocution kills is badass.
j1qSI4U.jpg

However, here's a level 49 Guardian at base level 20:
gDwM1aB.jpg

Weird. We may yet have some things to learn about Light levels with The Taken King. Seems conclusive, however, that base level will in fact increase to 30.

It's so crappy that the exotic class items are locked behind buying editions of the game that I already own (for $80 freakin' dollars).

They're exotic?

Does it really matter? You're just going to wear Dead Orbit for the shader/ship to drop anyway. :p

Ikkarus

Damn that Hunter cloak looks fugly.

I would rather grind more XP than wear that hideous thing! We hunters have to stay looking frabjous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom