• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect, lets shoot for around 4PM EST then, yesterday the run took us just under an hour, should work out nicely :D

Nah dude, don't feel bad. I wasn't playing good last night either. I found that when I play later in the evening... when I'm tired from the day, is usually when I perform the worst.

Yeah, I guess. It's just that I did awesome last Iron Banner. I actually finished all bounties, from all 3 chars, every single day.

Last night I didn't even finish all bounties for 1 char. :/

Edit: Top of the page! Stare at the Truch, gaf:

a5P760N_700b.jpg

LiK

Actually, it's the worst strike. It somehow managed to topple Valus Tauricoijcoeifjf's throne.

I found the PS exclusive strike with the Vex is the worst. It just goes on for way too long with those stupid yellow adds in the middle that give no glimmer.

You can at least fly through most of Omnigul fairly quickly. Even the fight against her can be quick if you have the right heavy elemental for the burns.

Kyoufu

I found the PS exclusive strike with the Vex is the worst. It just goes on for way too long with those stupid yellow adds in the middle that give no glimmer.

You can at least fly through most of Omnigul fairly quickly. Even the fight against her can be quick if you have the right heavy elemental for the burns.

That one doesn't appear in the Vanguard Dragon playlist though right? I didn't even know about it until I checked my Venus map lol.

Ikkarus

Whenever that strike appears the other 2 people always go to orbit.

I can see why but it would be nice to give it a run every now and then.

That strike is fun. It's just too long.

Whenever that strike appears the other 2 people always go to orbit.

I can see why but it would be nice to give it a run every now and then.

That's because most ppl playing strikes are in for quick marks/rewards.

That strikes takes forever.

Haha I've wanted to shard song of Ir Yut for a looong time since it sucks. But I like having them all and it was my first ever Crota drop.

Ikkarus

That's because most ppl playing strikes are in for quick marks/rewards.

That strikes takes forever.
Yeah true but it's nice to break the mold of killing Phogarth, Nexus, Archon Priest every other game.

Haha I've wanted to shard song of Ir Yut for a looong time since it sucks. But I like having them all and it was my first ever Crota drop.
That gun has only ever dropped once for me so I've always kept mine as well.

noomi

Anyone here use the new Dead Orbit Cloak, dead light? I'm curious if it changes color with a shader....

I'm still using the first one they ever sold....

LiK

Yeah true but it's nice to break the mold of killing Phogarth, Nexus, Archon Priest every other game.

They need to come up with way more strikes. Need much more variety. I mean, some of the improvements in the HoW story missions should be carried over into the Strikes.

I find it very weird why Bungie does not give us more shaders and cloaks via Eva levante, Dead orbit, FWC, monarc, speaker etc. its really boring that they dont update them over time. Same with the shaders from IB. it´s just so little work from bungies side and it would be appreciated a lot by players.

Ikkarus

Anyone here use the new Dead Orbit Cload, dead light? I'm curious if it changes color with a shader....

I might be wrong but I don't think any vendors cloaks change with any shader applied to it.

OkayRene

I rolled my Her Benevolence with Shortgaze, HIdden Hand, Injection Mold and—wait for it—
Shoot to Loot

Is that keepable, DGAF?

Carn82

I'm actually thinking about getting another PS4 to play Destiny. And some other stuff ofcourse. Girlfriend is moving in and I can understand her not entertaining my second job every night. Since we'll be having a second TV as well I might as well just start building that man-cave. /whathaveIbecome

Anyone here use the new Dead Orbit Cloak, dead light? I'm curious if it changes color with a shader....

No.

My warlock does Dead Orbit.

My hunter does Monarchy.

My Titan used to do FWC, but I changed him to DO to have more chances at their shaders.

Just let me buy the shaders bungie.... PLEASE.

Ikkarus

They need to come up with way more strikes. Need much more variety. I mean, some of the improvements in the HoW story missions should be carried over into the Strikes.
Agreed. The whole defend your ghost, survive 3 waves of enemies and then fight the boss gets tedious fast.

LiK

I find it very weird why Bungie does not give us more shaders and cloaks via Eva levante, Dead orbit, FWC, monarc, speaker etc. its really boring that they dont update them over time. Same with the shaders from IB. it´s just so little work from bungies side and it would be appreciated a lot by players.

The biggest oddity is the lack of Ghost shells. They only gave one for the CE. It's pretty silly no one sells them or is dropped. It's pretty minor but the additional Ghost shell slots are a waste.

Carn82

Silly question for when getting a second PS4:

If I already own the expansion pass for TDB and HoW and get the digital TTT; I would only need to buy the vanilla Destiny right?

I rolled my Her Benevolence with Shortgaze, HIdden Hand, Injection Mold and—wait for it—
Shoot to Loot

Is that keepable, DGAF?

So close! I got that in one of my rolls too but I couldn't do it. It's probably only an OK PvE perk now. I know some people say unflinching doesn't help you that much with shortgaze but to me, "that much" or any little help is huge.

Morning DGAF!

IB was hit and miss for me last night. For the most part it was decent and when it was, TLW was doing work. What perks do you guys like on it? Is High Caliber Rounds worthwhile in PvP?

I managed to finish every bounty and hit rank 2 with my Titan.

I also helped a buddy and his crew run HM crota. I love being the swordbearer with my Hunter. This was my first time doing Corta since I started playing HoW last Friday. We finished him in one try and two downs. Take that Crota! He still hasn't given me the Blackhammer though :/

Also, if anyone needs PoE 32 I'll be on around 7pm CST. I just want to knock two out and then jump into IB.

LiK

Shoot to Loot

Is that keepable, DGAF?

The last perk is usually the least important from what I read so if you're happy with the first three, keep it unless you have enough for more reforging.

Happy to say that I managed to get a godly roll with my 4th try.

Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Snapshot or Extended Mag and Unflinching. Even Ruben was impressed when I showed him. Can't wait to max out the perks and take it into PVP.

Kyoufu

Losing an IB match by a hair feels bad. Now I remember all the pain of grinding this rep on the final day of last month's event.

PuMa

Not sure why but last night's awful IB performance by me got me really down. :/

Gonna give it one more try today. If I suck, I'm not playing IB anymore.

Let's team up! I didn't get a chance to get on last night. Had to watch the US WNT dismantle Germany! I'll definitely be on tonight though.

OkayRene

Yeah. I mean... from all the perks on god roll, I feel like unflinching is the least important.

So close! I got that in one of my rolls too but I couldn't do it. It's probably only an OK PvE perk now. I know some people say unflinching doesn't help you that much with shortgaze but to me, "that much" or any little help is huge.

The last peek is usually the least important from what I read so f you're happy with the first three, keep it unless you have enough for more reforging.

Happy to say that I managed to get a godly roll with my 4th try.

Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Snapshot or Extended Mag and Unflinching. Even Ruben was impressed when I showed him. Can't wait to max out the perks and take it into PVP.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I think what I'll do is start leveling it up and seeing how it feels before I empty my bank to get 4 for 4 perks.

noomi

After this week I'm done with Skolas and probably only doing crucible/ToO

I need to desperately catch up to my backlog of games, and with the 2+ months to TTK I should have just enough time to complete a few of those.

screw your drop rates Skolas

PuMa

After this week I'm done with Skolas and probably only doing crucible/ToO

I need to desperately catch up to my backlog of games, and with the 2+ months to TTK I should have just enough time to complete a few of those.

screw your drop rates Skolas

It's definitely not worth it to do Skolas.

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the bright light on people's avatars?

Haven't been on anything Destiny related in a month

The biggest oddity is the lack of Ghost shells. They only gave one for the CE. It's pretty silly no one sells them or is dropped. It's pretty minor but the additional Ghost shell slots are a waste.

Yeah, hopefully start to see these starting year two. Kind of strange we haven't seen anything yet...

Deku Tree

Yeah customizable Ghost shells are most certainly cut or delayed content.

Gotta uphold something to sell via microtransactions.
please don't bungie

phen0m24

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with the bright light on people's avatars?

Haven't been on anything Destiny related in a month

Oryx eyes they have taken many. Nami stands strong.

Yes we are aware of your AWOL-ness, Guardian. :p

Really don't know where Drizzy is hiding lately. :(

Kor how is your stomach, man?

Lag seems a little bit less than yesterday. At least rewards are dropping after the game.
Although I did encounter this person:

pvprnmrh.jpg

Doing IB in 35 minutes.

Anyone interested in it? Will be streaming.

I can probably join up for a couple of games, if you guys want to give it a go.

Really don't know where Drizzy is hiding lately. :(

I had a rare Drizzay sighting on PSN today, but very short.

So they haven't fixed that yet? Eh.

Nope. I don't even feel bad about abusing the glitch, no-burn omnigul is the worst encounter in this game.

They fixed the glitch where you lose heavy. But you can still get more by emptying your mags.

Also, Omnigul is one of the worst strikes.

You still lose heavy if you go to orbit - 2 rockets every time.

Actually, it's the worst strike. It somehow managed to topple Valus Tauricoijcoeifjf's throne.

The worst, especially without any burns. Valus was never bad, just that he had way too much health.

Finally got my first one last night.

Destiny_20150630223953_zpshoyb9ky9.jpg

There seems to have been a lot of first timers yesterday. Congrats to all on RNGuses blessings!

cW689QX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom