• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold this for me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NHtFSeMl6s

vJRnb8.gif

Hopscotch Hype! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O94sS5cGIkg

v9wxP5.gif

Nuszka

The PR looks so good. Thing is i am at a stage that nothing except the rest of exotic stuff does excite me any more, will wait until tTK to see what will i waste my motes on. Now i am in a farm mode, summer is coming, busy in work, holidays and less time to play. Yes farming and helping out that is my task for the next 2 months.

Yeah ofcourse I agree!
It drops in the Strike playlist right? What perks do you have on it?

It does apparently, someone claimed to get it from a 28 PoE. I do not remember getting it, I'm just glad I never scrapped it.

SsYBml9.jpg

I have Hip Fire and Hidden Hand. Hip Fire is a waste since with Braced Frame the stability doesn't bounce much anyway, and Hidden Hand is basically every bullet does damage no matter where the enemy tries to go. I did beat a guy who snuck up on me with The Last Word using Hip Fire, so who knows. Maybe it did save my life.

I don't think Head Seeker is better for this gun because the stability is so high Hidden Hand means I'm hitting the body pretty rarely unless they're blinking a lot. 4th shot might actually be better since it would use 2 shots instead of 3, giving me more ammo in reserve.

Nuszka

It does apparently, someone claimed to get it from a 28 PoE. I do not remember getting it, I'm just glad I never scrapped it.

SsYBml9.jpg

I have Hip Fire and Hidden Hand. Hip Fire is a waste since with Braced Frame the stability doesn't bounce much anyway, and Hidden Hand is basically every bullet does damage no matter where the enemy tries to go. I did beat a guy who snuck up on me with The Last Word using Hip Fire, so who knows. Maybe it did save my life.

I don't think Head Seeker is better for this gun because the stability is so high Hidden Hand means I'm hitting the body pretty rarely unless they're blinking a lot. 4th shot might actually be better since it would use 2 shots instead of 3, giving me more ammo in reserve.

Yep dismantled mine 2 days ago. Do i regret it ? Yes and no. Short on motes i was and reforging while knowing my luck will just get me very low again.

Ganhyun

Sigh....

I hate Iron Banner when obvious bullshit or obvious lag is going on. Makes me want to throw my controller through my tv screen. Also makes me want to do terrible things to the people in charge of making it work. Its 2015, and we have live video conferencing across the world with no latency but we can't make a game not lag?

Ken

Sigh....

I hate Iron Banner when obvious bullshit or obvious lag is going on. Makes me want to throw my controller through my tv screen. Also makes me want to do terrible things to the people in charge of making it work.

It's time to take a break.

Its 2015, and we have live video conferencing across the world with no latency but we can't make a game not lag?

Because trying to account for perfect quality of 15 other connections constantly updating positions and inputs is the same.

Ganhyun

Because trying to account for perfect quality of 15 other connections constantly updating positions and inputs is the same.

You must not have been in some of the video conferencing meetings I've been in :p

Look, I'm in a pissy mood because, for 10 straight games, every match I get put in has all kinds of lag and other crap going on. Hard to get IB rep when you get matches against teams who take no damage from a full clip of red death or TLW, or even Thorn yet can 1-2 shot you with whatever they are using. And to see your entire team having that issue as well proves its not just you.

Edit: I see that you added another line saying I should take a break. Funny, I literally just got on and had this happen.

MrMuscle

New Eurogame article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...is-the-expansion-destiny-has-been-waiting-for

"The Taken King is the largest addition to Destiny's story since the base game arrived and, despite its smaller size, looks like it will surpass the original's lacklustre approach to lore. It represents a "commitment to story", Smith notes. "And skippable cut-scenes. We're listening." Oh, and Peter Dinklage? "The Ghost is a part of Destiny and he will return in Taken King," Smith reveals. With new and returning elements, The Taken King continues to build on Bungie's slow evolution of story output since the original game's release."

I enjoyed the DinkleBot and found it weird that it wasnt present in any of the DLC content. So im OK with this!

Lima

You must not have been in some of the video conferencing meetings I've been in :p

Look, I'm in a pissy mood because, for 10 straight games, every match I get put in has all kinds of lag and other crap going on. Hard to get IB rep when you get matches against teams who take no damage from a full clip of red death or TLW, or even Thorn yet can 1-2 shot you with whatever they are using. And to see your entire team having that issue as well proves its not just you.

The solution is to not play IB. Why do you guys even bother? The weapons available are useless, same as the armor and no one should need any additional etheric light.

Ganhyun

The solution is to not play IB. Why do you guys even bother? The weapons available are useless, same as the armor and no one should need any additional etheric light.

You can say that, but some of us need Etheric Lights still. :(

I'm not one of the lucky ones on GAF who cant get a party to do things at the snap of a finger. I also don't play on the console that this is most popular for either.

Ikkarus

It does have the chance to drop a Felwinter though. Granted it's RNG.

It might be personal preference but I prefer to use that shotgun over the Matador and Party Crasher any day.

Ken

Edit: I see that you added another line saying I should take a break. Funny, I literally just got on and had this happen.

And you also went 10 straight games despite no improvements to the lag. IB is a week long and with the Tempered buff, it's probably ok to wait a day or two to see if the issues get addressed versus wanting to throw your controller or doing "terrible things" to random people right now.

But hey that's just me.

Lima

It does have the chance to drop a Felwinter though. Granted it's RNG.

It might be personal preference but I prefer to use that shotgun over the Matador and Party Crasher any day.

Over the party crasher I understand because of higher impact. But over the Matador? No it has the same exact stats except with one less shot in the mag and almost double the fire rate.

Manp

this game is trolling me hard.

got like the 8th Pest Control Matrix from a NF... i send a message to my friends saying something like "if i get this stupid auto rifle one more time i'll quit this fucking game".

guess what i got in the very next NF :|

Ikkarus

Over the party crasher I understand because of higher impact. But over the Matador? No it has the same exact stats except with one less shot in the mag and almost double the fire rate.
Like I said it boils down to my own personal preference. I still really like the Matador but I feel most comfortable when I'm rocking with my Felwinter.

Ken

got like the 8th Pest Control Matrix from a NF... i send a message to my friends saying something like "if i get this stupid auto rifle one more time i'll quit this fucking game".

On that Omnigul NF a few weeks ago it gave me two Give/Take Equations. Fortunately they were both close to perfect rolls lol.

Its better for your sanity if you think of the NF as just giving up an exp buff. There is very little left on the loot table for most people these days. The odds of me getting what I want from a NF is ridiculously slim.

Jinjo

SsYBml9.jpg

Is it possible to roll it with full auto & hidden hand?

I got the Crucible variant of the Hopscotch yesterday.

Ganhyun

And you also went 10 straight games despite no improvements to the lag. IB is a week long and with the Tempered buff, it's probably ok to wait a day or two to see if the issues get addressed versus wanting to throw your controller or doing "terrible things" to random people right now.

But hey that's just me.

I have to try and play when I can. I don't have all week to play. I have to play when I can.

Look, I agree getting that upset is not a good thing. And Im not going to throw my controller or actually hurt someone over it. But I do feel that they should work on their PVP code and make it work better than it is. Its not called Iron Lagger for no reason.

Lunar FC

Looks like I should have all my guys to 34 when the next reset hits (variks will be selling boots next week right?). Just gotta get a gallyhorn and then i'm on hiatus until TTK.

The lag was pretty bad yesterday..enough to earn PoE 35 loot drop even tho you didn't finish it :lol
But still crucible/ToO and previous IB has always been laggy..hopefully that will be solved with TTK.

noomi

Morning DGAF!

Finally got a Matador 64 last night during IB with DGaffers. Very happy with my rolls AKA the God Rolls

Matador 64 - The Mess You Up Edition

- Solar (I wanted/needed this)
- Aggressive Ballistics (Dat Extra Impact!)
- Shot Pkg (One Shot.... One Kill....)
- Rifled Barrel (Dat Extra Range!)
- Luck in The Chamber (Hawkmoon Love)

Only cost 500+ weapon parts, 150+ motes, and about 40K in glimmer :eek: Now I'm getting paranoid about using that much and will probably be farming some glimmer/parts/motes this weekend if time allows.

Still have my party crasher with kneepads for those scumbag kills :D

Can anyone else not sign into PSN?

There was a PS4 update this morning I had to download before being able to sign in, 2.55

Feorax

Got my digital version of the game downloaded with all characters intact. Only thing I can't now equip is my frontier shell, but I'm sure I'll get by :).

Going to run POE 32 shortly, will have 1 space free if anyone wants to join. No mic tho. PSN is MattIgoe.

Rubenov

Only cost 500+ weapon parts, 150+ motes, and about 40K in glimmer :eek: Now I'm getting paranoid about using that much and will probably be farming some glimmer/parts/motes this weekend if time allows.

Wow that's some serious spending. Now you're no longer a Destiny millionaire, like Deku out of control spending got to you guys :p

Morning DGAF!

Finally got a Matador 64 last night during IB with DGaffers. Very happy with my rolls AKA the God Rolls

Matador 64 - The Mess You Up Edition

- Solar (I wanted/needed this)
- Aggressive Ballistics (Dat Extra Impact!)
- Shot Pkg (One Shot.... One Kill....)
- Rifled Barrel (Dat Extra Range!)
- Luck in The Chamber (Hawkmoon Love)

There was a PS4 update this morning I had to download before being able to sign in, 2.55

Ah yeah I just noticed it there.

Deku Tree

Wow that's some serious spending. Now you're no longer a Destiny millionaire, like Deku out of control spending got to you guys :p

I've still got 600+ shards and 500+ energies, and now I also have 1500 weapons parts. And almost 400 motes from doing daily stuff. I'm very happy with my spending decisions. Although. No point in saving 1000 shards and energies each when I wasn't seeing anything to spend them on. :)

I'm almost certain people still need and want etheric light. Some are unfortunate and only get 1 per week from PoE 34.

noomi

I felt bad about it at first, but I really wanted the perfect shotgun haha, it's dangerous for me to be able to reforge. I think that was the last thing in HoW I wanted to reforge anyway, so now it's all about stocking up on everything

I've still got 600+ shards and 500+ energies, and now I also have 1500 weapons parts. And almost 400 motes from doing daily stuff. I'm very happy with my spending decisions. Although. No point in saving 1000 shards and energies each when I wasn't seeing anything to spend them on. :)

Same here I still have quite a bit to spare between all my mats. Some things are worth worth spending on *hugs matador*

New Eurogame article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...is-the-expansion-destiny-has-been-waiting-for

"The Taken King is the largest addition to Destiny's story since the base game arrived and, despite its smaller size, looks like it will surpass the original's lacklustre approach to lore. It represents a "commitment to story", Smith notes. "And skippable cut-scenes. We're listening." Oh, and Peter Dinklage? "The Ghost is a part of Destiny and he will return in Taken King," Smith reveals. With new and returning elements, The Taken King continues to build on Bungie's slow evolution of story output since the original game's release."

I enjoyed the DinkleBot and found it weird that it wasnt present in any of the DLC content. So im OK with this!

He doesn't explicitly say that Dinklage will be back... Just that the Ghost will. He could be referring to both, or just the Ghost itself. Carefully answered without really answering haha.

Namikaze1

Huh? PS4 must have downloaded the update in sleep mode. First time it ever did that. Usually I would have to manually update even when I have it set to automatically download and install all updates.

Well, time for Destiny.

Lima

He doesn't explicitly say that Dinklage will be back... Just that the Ghost will. He could be referring to both, or just the Ghost itself. Carefully answered without really answering haha.

I hope we get different voice over packs like a Snoop Dogg pack that they did for Call of Duty. Now that I would pay $20 for.

Deku Tree

New Eurogame article:

"Expect an area as big as Earth's Cosmodrome or Venus' Ishtar region, with its own brand of patrol missions, bounties and more."

Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom