• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

I'm getting used to Party Crasher and I recently got a good roll for Felwinter's. Is Matador better than them?

The matador is just slightly better due to that extra impact, the party crasher has lower impact but slightly higher rate of fire; it could be argued that they are both equal.

I've been using my party crasher for a few weeks and it kicks ass, should have the matador fully leveled today so I'll see how it compares.

A great guide that was recently updated: https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePl...y/house_of_wolves_shotgun_reforge_megathread/

Yup, people used to quit if they saw you using the Vex. Got mine 2 days before the nerf, so good.

yea it was so much fun to use it before they nerfed it. people would even leave the match hahaha

hahaha yea I stopped playing PvP when that crap was out in the wild thanks to Atheon Cheese and whathaveyou. Melted just looking at people. Almost like infinite GG.

I'm getting used to Party Crasher and I recently got a good roll for Felwinter's. Is Matador better than them?

Nice! I can't wait to crash parties tonight for the first time.

Matador, Felwinters, Party Crasher and Judgement are the 4 top tier shotguns.
Matador and Felwinters have great impact but have the slowest RoF.

Party Crasher has a little less impact but faster RoF. You'll definitely get a 2nd shot off faster vs the other 2. It's personal preference. I usually need to shoot a 2nd time faster whether it's vs the same person I tinged/missed or a 2nd person right nearby so I'm hoping to love Party Crasher

th3dude

Since we're on the topic of screenshots, here's how I've configured my system to share mine as easily as possible on PS4.

1. Set up a dummy Twitter account
2. Configure your PS4 share to use the dummy Twitter account
3. Take screenshots (I use easy/one click mode)
4. Select screenshots to share/tweet to dummy Twitter account
5. Go to the screenshot tweet, right click, view image in new tab
6. Screenshot will look awful due to Twitter compression and resizing, so add :eek:rig to the end of the screenshot URL

Here's an example:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIy9EFrWsAAcVCh.jpg
CIy9EFrWsAAcVCh.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIy9EFrWsAAcVCh.jpg:orig (rehosted on Imgur as GAF doesn't seem to like the :eek:rig URL)

Lnkn52

Since we're on the topic of screenshots, here's how I've configured my system to share mine as easily as possible on PS4.

6. Screenshot will look awful due to Twitter compression and resizing, so add :eek:rig to the end of the screenshot URL

Here's an example:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIy9EFrWsAAcVCh.jpg:orig (rehosted on Imgur as GAF doesn't seem to like the :eek:rig URL)

TY Dude, I did not know about the :eek:rig. You're OP.

Here's an example:

HOLY SMOKES! I never knew about the :ORIG. Thanks man! So I'm guessing Facebook doesn't have the :ORIG option?

LiK

Here's an example:

Good tip

I just use a dummy Facebook account. Pretty easy.

Oh man the Kellungers sight suxs for Hunters. +117(lol) Discipline. No thank you.
Gonna get it anyway.

I just send a psn message to myself, open the pic from the phone app and u/l it to imgur.

Maybe not as fast as twitter/fb upload, but the pic is uncompressed and this is very handy if you don't have a PC nearby.

Seems like a good tip thank you!
I usually have my laptop right next to me, so I just transfer my screenshots to an USB drive and upload them to Imgur.

It's 10:46am?

Well, yes.

You're supposed to be at work or at school.
(this is a joke btw, I enjoyed playing with you on Skolas and Trials and wish we could play more)

Btw I just found out that Rocket League will be free to PS+ members starting tuesday!

FQqJZar.gif

Time to take a real break from Destiny!

Nuszka

Well, yes.

You're supposed to be at work or at school.
(this is a joke btw, I enjoyed playing with you on Skolas and Trials and wish we could play more)

Btw I just found out that Rocket League will be free to PS+ members starting tuesday!

FQqJZar.gif

Time to take a real break from Destiny!

What is it? Any good?

Kyoufu

So which perks do people recommend for the Jolder's Hammer? I'm tearing people up with it without reforging anything but I feel like it can do better, especially in terms of ammo.

th3dude

You're all welcome for the Twitter tip. I got fed up with not being able to easily transfer screenshots without a USB stick.

I just send a psn message to myself, open the pic from the phone app and u/l it to imgur.

Maybe not as fast as twitter/fb upload, but the pic is uncompressed and this is very handy if you don't have a PC nearby.

I'm definitely going to check this out. Nice tip!

So which perks do people recommend for the Jolder's Hammer? I'm tearing people up with it without reforging anything but I feel like it can do better, especially in terms of ammo.

Good question. I'd like to know this also along with BTRD. I got my sniper and now shotty rerolled to my liking, now it's MG time!

blazeuk

I just use a dummy Facebook account. Pretty easy.

If I don't use USB then I just upload to my normal facebook account but set the view settings to only me, then I just delete from Facebook after rehosting (which isn't really necessary since no-one else can see them anyway).

Hmm this is an interesting method. I'll definitely try that out, thanks!

spamming yourself with messages and images, so you're part of the reason PSN messaging is slow! :p

If I don't use USB then I just upload to my normal facebook account but set the view settings to only me, then I just delete from Facebook after rehosting (which isn't really necessary since no-one else can see them anyway).

I do this as well. I keep some to Friends only that I like and others to me only. I've only deleted a few that I know I just wanted to post about and don't care enough about it to keep it.

Good question. I'd like to know this also along with BTRD. I got my sniper and now shotty rerolled to my liking, now it's MG time!

Despite ppl making fun of my BTRD with Hidden Hand last night (very funny, guys...), the reddit guide says ot's a great 1st perk, because it garantee hits that would otherwise miss helping if you can't get all headshots.

After that I'd say Quickdraw is very important.

Despite ppl making fun of my BTRD with Hidden Hand last night (very funny, guys...), the reddit guide says ot's a great 1st perk, because it garantee hits that would otherwise miss helping if you can't get all headshots.

After that I'd say Quickdraw is very important.

hahaha that sounds funny but yea that sounds pretty good. Can Jolder's get HH?

ocean

Banned
Matador is a better Felwinter's. Zero reason to use Felwinter's instead of Matador; assuming equal perks the base stats make Matador better.

Comparing to Party Crasher is hard because they're different archetypes with different objectives. Matador has better impact, so it's the king of the bullshit-range one shot. But like Felwinter's, it fires super slowly. Party Crasher has a tad less impact but it fires much more quickly.

The end result is that 1v1, Matador will always be your best chance. But if you want to kill 2 enemies on a flag, something that fires quickly might save your life. It's a matter of preference at the end of the day.

The thread lurk is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom