• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Matador is a better Felwinter's. Zero reason to use Felwinter's instead of Matador; assuming equal perks the base stats make Matador better.

Comparing to Party Crasher is hard because they're different archetypes with different objectives. Matador has better impact, so it's the king of the bullshit-range one shot. But like Felwinter's, it fires super slowly. Party Crasher has a tad less impact but it fires much more quickly.

The end result is that 1v1, Matador will always be your best chance. But if you want to kill 2 enemies on a flag, something that fires quickly might save your life. It's a matter of preference at the end of the day.

The thread lurk is real.

Time to reinstall

Vault still looking good. Got rid of 2 ice breakers and a bunch of old weapons tho. Needed the space and parts (which I trashed trying to get a perfect roll on my Ash Factory :/).
guSlvwg.png

Anastasis

Matador is a better Felwinter's. Zero reason to use Felwinter's instead of Matador; assuming equal perks the base stats make Matador better.

Comparing to Party Crasher is hard because they're different archetypes with different objectives. Matador has better impact, so it's the king of the bullshit-range one shot. But like Felwinter's, it fires super slowly. Party Crasher has a tad less impact but it fires much more quickly.

The end result is that 1v1, Matador will always be your best chance. But if you want to kill 2 enemies on a flag, something that fires quickly might save your life. It's a matter of preference at the end of the day.

The thread lurk is real.

How's this?

Matador with aggressive ballistics, full auto, rifled barrel and grenadier.

I don't really have any other PvP shotgun right now. Good enough?

WipedOut

How's this?

Matador with aggressive ballistics, full auto, rifled barrel and grenadier.

I don't really have any other PvP shotgun right now. Good enough?

No, Agressive Ballistics, Shot Package, Rifled or Reinforced Barrel and whatever last perk you want.

LiK

My 3 characters are currently using this shotgun setup:

Titan
Party Crasher: CQB, Shot Package, Rifled Barrel, Luck in Chamber

Hunter
Party Crasher: Aggressive, Shot Package, Reinforced, Final Round

Warlock
Felwinter's: Smooth, Shot Package, Smallbore and Final Round

Wasted a lot of time rerolling and these were rolls I was happy with in the end. Looking forward to getting a Matador for the higher impact.

Defuser

I just lost 7 to 8 matches in a row in Iron Banner. I ether get thorned, Lasted Word and Shotgunned. And my teammates are no better...capping the wrong points and flipping the spawn around which leads to our defeat, some are using auto rifles and NLB.....in fucking iron banner. Took me nearly 2 hours to break the loss streak.

I'm just one unlucky bastard lol.

I just lost 7 to 8 matches in a row in Iron Banner. I ether get thorned, Lasted Word and Shotgunned. And my teammates are no better...capping the wrong points and flipping the spawn around which leads to our defeat, some are using auto rifles and NLB.....in fucking iron banner. Took me nearly 2 hours to break the loss streak.

I'm just one unlucky bastard lol.

Playing in randoms usually results in baddies. It makes me feel like I'm exceptionally good in PvP. But I can only handle a couple of matches. If I'm going to play more than 2 matches, I'll join a dgaf train

Dynomutt

Sup guys been without my PS4 for a few months. I have played through TDB and defeated Son of Crota. Just got the Arkham LE and wanna get back into Destiny. What did I miss and what's a good place to start shaking off the rust? Thanks.

Note: While patrolling got attacked by some wolves and handles them but could not find esthetic light before the countdown wore down.

Always down to chill and run missions, raids, strikes, etc hit me up.

Lvl 32 Warlock.

PSN: akrynym_one

nowai

My 3 characters are currently using this shotgun setup:

Titan
Party Crasher: CQB, Shot Package, Rifled Barrel, Luck in Chamber

Hunter
Party Crasher: Aggressive, Shot Package, Reinforced, Final Round

Warlock
Felwinter's: Smooth, Shot Package, Smallbore and Final Round

Wasted a lot of time rerolling and these were rolls I was happy with in the end. Looking forward to getting a Matador for the higher impact.

I have all three and I very much prefer Party Crasher.

For looks though, Matador has all the swag. Party Crasher is just butt ugly.

Sup guys been without my PS4 for a few months. I have played through TDB and defeated aS in of Crota. Just got the Arkham LE and wanna get back into Destiny. What did I miss and what's a good place to start shaking off the rust? Thanks.

Note: While patrolling got attacked by some wolves and handles them but could not find esthetic light before the countdown wore down.

Always down to chill and run missions, raids, strikes, etc hit me up.

Lvl 32 Warlock.

PSN: akrynym_one

Its a queen bounties from Reef, there is a hidden chest around somewhere where you killed wolves. you need to find before time run out. That chest might (rare) give you a key which you can use to open big chest in prison of elders.

Yea I wouldn't count alpha and beta as playing for "a year" in regards to trying to obtain a particular item. Almost 10 months. But obviously for Day 1 players, it's definitely felt like it's been a year. At least for me haha

You want it at 4k?

LOL!

I've had probably 4 matador drops since the last IB and I've dismantled 3 of them. Only need 1 and 1 PC and 2x felwinters since I have an original (Shotpackage + hammer Forged) and 1 Arc and 1 Solar for PvE purposes. Not sure how that stacks up to today's Felwinters but I like them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom