• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siaynoqq

I have at least one run scheduled in about 30 mins, but I'll check in later with you.
Will be around most of the day but also tomorrow.

It's late here so I may be going to sleep by the time you're ready today. I'll be playing trials tomorrow though so hopefully we can join up at some point.

Manp

I'm piling up weapon and armor cores, as Variks' offerings are constantly subpar. What does the Judgement's Change get you? I'm not sure how that works.

I wouldn't call this week offerings subpar. pure intellect chest pieces for titan and hunter and pure discipline chest piece for warlock. all with pretty high numbers.

get them while they're hot.

:)

No problem, always fun to watch DGAFers play, all those different play styles.
Langoit is killing it with his Mida, interesting to see.
Mida is no joke. I was using that earlier in trials. Really underestimated in my opinion.

Good run fellas. Didn't even use mercy. I said it earlier in a post and I said it during our run. PLAYING DRUNK IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY.

Solar Jewel! Wooooooo!!! Fuck yeah!

Mercury!
Well done Eyeless and Langoit, pretty smooth sailing.

Mida is no joke. I was using that earlier in trials. Really underestimated in my opinion.

Good run fellas. Didn't even use mercy. I said it earlier in a post and I said it during our run. PLAYING DRUNK IS THE ONLY WAY TO PLAY.

Solar Jewel! Wooooooo!!! Fuck yeah!

Congrats guys!
Yeah I was wondering what he was using. I rarely check what people are using as primary because 99% it's one of the god cannons. Interesting to see.

Langy

Mercury!
Well done Eyeless and Langoit, pretty smooth sailing.

Thank you aswell mate. Did not expect a first ever Mercury run for me when we started, just really wanted 5 wins.

Ended up with Thunderlord, Arc Jewel of Osiris, Solar Fusion rifle (exiles Curse), 3 Etheric Light, 15 Motes, 9 more passage coins, the emblem for flawless, and then bought the boots and rocket launcher.

Not a bad haul if i do say so myself!!

Thanks again guys!

Langy

Congrats guys!
Yeah I was wondering what he was using. I rarely check what people are using as primary because 99% it's one of the god cannons. Interesting to see.

I can't shoot for shit with handcannons in pvp. Tried using thorn since when i was dying it was always to the burn from it. Played terrible with it so stuck with what feels good. I never really see midas being used in trials, i just love the radar being active when i'm in ads so i know whats going on!

Ont

I am looking to form a Trials team (Xbox One, Europe). I just got back to Destiny after taking a break, so I am late to this. I would love to have a dedicated group for running Trials and other Destiny missions each week.

PM me if you are if you interested. GT: Ont9

Apt101

I tried some Crucible out for the first time in many months, and it turns out I am not bad. Did well not even trying. However, when it comes to competitive FPS's I am accustomed to TF2, BFx, and CS on PC. So this was different.

I also see that it may be the absolute worst PvP I have ever encountered. Everything about it is off. I'm too tired to elaborate, but I totally see why it gets a bad wrap now. I guess to summarize: basic balance in general regarding everything - from guns to specials, pace (which includes locking heavy and special ammo behind gates), the maps are just the worst, weird lag and hitreg issues I haven't seen since the early 2000's.

I just can't get into this PvP. If I get that itch I'll turn off my PS4 and go back to the PC for any number of games released after 1999 that do it better than this.

Ive already accepted the fact ill never get to mercury..
Nah man, you'll get there. I hope you're at least watching Unstable when he's streaming for a chance at a carry.

But anyway, it's really just about having people you gel with. The guys I just played with, Langy and Tears, they just really complimented my style and we worked pretty well together and had solid communication.

I'm usually down to give trials a shot, especially if it's a no pressure run. If you ever want to run it and see how we work together, I'm down.

LiK

Drizzay has been afk for more than 12 hours..

That T'lord post must be something! 0_o

don't afkers get booted?

i vaulted my Thunderlord, never really need to use it.

Ive already accepted the fact ill never get to mercury..

you play with the pro PVPers from GAF? it's pretty easy with a good team.

FYI, don't play with people who say they're tired or falling asleep. :p

Lunar FC

Just shattered my controller, that's what i get for playing Destiny PvP i guess..
edit: been a long time since ive spiked a controller, felt kinda good. And it's not really broken.
don't afkers get booted?

i vaulted my Thunderlord, never really need to use it.

you play with the pro PVPers from GAF? it's pretty easy with a good team.

FYI, don't play with people who say they're tired or falling asleep. :p

Na, I dont know who the really good ones are or how to convince them I should be on there team.

Deku Tree

Played ToO with Cuco and Soss last night.
Was 8-0 (used the Mercy)
Went up against the final boss.
Ran into a pro team that completed their 9-0 passage by beating us.

No big deal. I already have all the loot that I need.

hehe okay, waiting for your stream now...

Question im always on a tablet whats the best way to watch twitch streams and be able to chat?

The website is laggy and ive never tried the app which im sure theres one.I rarely get to see Stables streams i tend to lean to youtube for tips a guy named Arctic,gears,Halo is a bad ass pvper with some great tips but wanna see more gaffers.

Question im always on a tablet whats the best way to watch twitch streams and be able to chat?

The website is laggy and ive never tried the app which im sure theres one.I rarely get to see Stables streams i tend to lean to youtube for tips a guy named Arctic,gears,Halo is a bad ass pvper with some great tips but wanna see more gaffers.

Use the twitch app. It need adobe for chat so make sure you have that installed.

Works fine for me on android, no idea about ios.

Its up, won our first match!

Stream shows offline to me :(

Anyone who wants to join for some ToO with Blaze and me? Fair warning I'm exhausted and might not play my best games.

I'll join if you don't find a third, just want that damn shader.

JonCha

Need one more for ToO - join raindoc or DirtyAquaticApe

I'm tempted but my Red Death isn't fully upgraded and it's either Ice Breaker or Praedyth's Revenger for the sniper slot, the latter of which isn't upgraded either. I'm also pretty average.

raindoc

I'm tempted but my Red Death isn't fully upgraded and it's either Ice Breaker or Praedyth's Revenger for the sniper slot, the latter of which isn't upgraded either. I'm also pretty average.
something fully upgraded would be nice, how about one of the classics? Thorn, TLW + a shotty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom