• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apt101

Did a 28 PoE and one of the rewards was a standard ammo synth. Might be the RNG gods telling me it's time to Crucible or finally take Batman: AK out of the shrink wrap.

Goddamn trials is SO much more fun when you're intoxicated, and I just play way better. Just went 6-3 twice with some randoms that messaged me during skirmish. It always feels weird when I'm the one carrying a team and coordinating how we do shit.

Don't really give a shit about Mercury as I've gotten the only thing I care about from the chest there, but goddamn I wanna get to 7 wins for that rocket launcher.

And has anyone had any issues with the Destiny app not refreshing? Two weeks in a row now the app only shows my first trials run with each character and that's it. Last week I went to Mercury and it still only showed my first run which ended up being 2-3.

Lunar FC

What's the best way to level up when your around level 18 and out of bounties. Crucible? I just want to get him to level 20 already..

Langy

So i've still yet to even touch lvl 34/5 poe, and only done a 32 once. Kinda want to do atleast the 32/4 possibly even the 35 depending on how difficult it is.

Who wants to come with me, starting with the 32?

Gonna need 2 people, so add Langoit on psn and we'll go when we are at 3...

*Yawn*

No more Destiny for me until tuesday if I am on the mood for more Vanguard farming... I will try and hope for the raid next weekend if I don't uninstall and shelve the game already. In retrospective, it was a major waste of a Saturday, only acceptable by the fact that I can't leave home for major reasons.

Frenden

Banned
*Yawn*

No more Destiny for me until tuesday if I am on the mood for more Vanguard farming... I will try and hope for the raid next weekend if I don't uninstall and shelve the game already. In retrospective, it was a major waste of a Saturday, only acceptable by the fact that I can't leave home for major reasons.
Why are you so bummed? I think I missed an earlier post that would provide context.

MightyKAC

Hey guys, at level 4 of POE 35. Need 2 more guys to help me take down Skolas for the first time (for me anyways). Any takers?

PSN: Mightkac

Apt101

OK thanks guys and gals, I got the Red Death. Also my bluetooth keyboard died as I was giving a new PSN friend some advice. Ugh. Now I have to risk waking my GF up to sneak in and grab the headphones from her snoozing head.

Why are you so bummed? I think I missed an earlier post that would provide context.

I Hoped I could do the Vault of Glass for the first time yesterday and then take a vacation from the game until September, so I stayed half of the day and a good part of the night on hold. By the time a group was formed here (I lack a group of friends playing the game) I was too late due to it happening at the same time I was having dinner and that the newbie quota was too high already.

I'm also trying to decide whether to get the expansions now or wait for the legendary edition and save some money, so the game has been locking me out of the dailies and weeklies when something from DLC takes place.

I've been stuck doing Strike playlist and bounties, so I am kinda burned with the game. Only thing I can do now is begin with the crucible.

BTW: Is it weird that I play much better solo at high difficulties than on strikes? When I am on my own I tend to play much more carefully, but when I am with people in striksI feel like I have to keep the pace and not fall behind leading to pressure and far more errors and stupid deaths.

Marvel

could never
UcBFM35.gif
g16qM9G.gif

Got a level 34 Warlock and have really struggled to do lvl 32 PoE - only finished once with regular friends. I have a variety of exotics -Suros, Red Death, Dragon's Breath, Plan C. No primaries with any elements, but Voidfang/Praxic Fire, Nothing Manacles and others on the body. PoE is easy enough at 28, but 32 is just hell. What hope do I have at getting good? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Is it just the raids? I've only ever finished Crota once, never finished VoG - been 2/3rds of the way through about ten times.

Played Trials of Osiris.

Suddenly got two random messages in the first round.

Girlfriend checked LFG; sure enough, someone posted under my name inviting people to do Trials "first come first serve", just so the PSN message notification would block my radar.

We kicked the shit out of them anyway.

Better luck next time, kids.

Apt101

Got a level 34 Warlock and have really struggled to do lvl 32 PoE - only finished once with regular friends. I have a variety of exotics -Suros, Red Death, Dragon's Breath, Plan C. No primaries with any elements, but Voidfang/Praxic Fire, Nothing Manacles and others on the body. PoE is easy enough at 28, but 32 is just hell. What hope do I have at getting good? I feel like I'm missing something obvious. Is it just the raids? I've only ever finished Crota once, never finished VoG - been 2/3rds of the way through about ten times.

I am not good, and haven't tried 32 PoE, but I've found that going full-tilt survival via gear and Sunsinger really seems to help. Melee shield, any gear that helps replinish health, anything that reduces cooldowns to keep the health and shields coming, seems imperative. I tried going all-out support and that doesn't seem to help much in the 3-person content.

But like I said, I am not good, so I am probably doing something wrong.

GhaleonEB

Keys to success with PoE are communication, and class mix. I ran a 34 PoE tonight with two Warlocks and a Titan and it was very difficult; having a stealth Hunter in the mix, or another Defender Titan, would have helped immensely.

What rounds caused you the most trouble? Often communicating and building strategy around each objective round is key; fanning out for mine defusing, setting up around the door the high level target emerges from.

Raid experience can help with all these things but is not really required, IMO.

Did I miss Xur? Is he gone already? Edit: fuck, he's gone. My daughter didn't get the chance to get on this weekend and asked me to pick up Red Death for her. Whoops.

Lunar FC

I don't get into the competitive side of multiplauer much anymore but when you dance on the grave of a level 18 when it's 3 on 1..you're on my list. Killed him 5 in a row. :p
Did I miss Xur? Is he gone already? Edit: fuck, he's gone. My daughter didn't get the chance to get on this weekend and asked me to pick up Red Death for her. Whoops.
You better start farming for one now, she will never know.

To add to what others have said each room has a sort of safe-ish zone, for example the far left platform in the Hive room will allow cover to clear adds if you're getting overwhelmed but you can also take down the bosses from there. Obviously you will need to move depending on the objective so things like titan bubble and hunter invisibility help a lot. I don't have a warlock so don't know what to run there but sunsinger I would imagine.

Also the Hive room trick still works, particularly useful this week with diffuse mines and arc burn. If one person stands on the arch to the right of the entrance as the wave starts the adds won't come into the room, allowing you to diffuse safely.

Ganhyun

Keys to success with PoE are communication, and class mix. I ran a 34 PoE tonight with two Warlocks and a Titan and it was very difficult; having a stealth Hunter in the mix, or another Defender Titan, would have helped immensely.

What rounds caused you the most trouble? Often communicating and building strategy around each objective round is key; fanning out for mine defusing, setting up around the door the high level target emerges from.

Raid experience can help with all these things but is not really required, IMO.

Yep, you're gonna be in trouble.

vctor182

Today was a good day, I gathered motes for three more tries and finally got celestial nighthawk! Then I went to mercury with two characters and got void messenger and summoner. Finally an ash factory dropped in crucible.

Lunar FC

I wonder if we I'll ever get the ability to transmog items. Using the ram on my Warlock and I can't stand how it looks.

I like how the ram looks personally. But really hope they never do that, being able to see what a person has by looking at them is one of my favorite aspects of they types of games.

Nuszka

Just found out my wife is having a girls night out tomorrow, she asked me if i am not gonna be upset for spending our day off on my own. Trials all night !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom